What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anzac Day ceremonies

Vlad59

Juniors
Just my opinion but it’s seems a bit incongruous to still have ceremonies two days after the day. Anzac Day eve and day yes. Not sure about after that.

RedVee

First Grade
I agree it should only be on the day.

But I’m not real worried about it, we’ve called it the Anzac Round and I guess more respectful ceremonies are ok.

RedVee

First Grade
I was more shocked that an Aussie sailor sang the NZ anthem at Allianz. I guess that was because the NZ Defence were represented in Auckland.
There was probably an agreement.

Vlad59

Juniors
I was more shocked that an Aussie sailor sang the NZ anthem at Allianz. I guess that was because the NZ Defence were represented in Auckland.
There was probably an agreement.
Noticed that. I remember a game a few years ago on a Saturday afternoon 3 days after Anzac Day with a small crowd present and the whole ceremony thing and it just looked and felt wrong.

Vee

First Grade
Disagree. It's Anzac Round and I think we honour it well though I do take your point.

I just saw this thread and thought it would be about the quality of the different ceremonies.

I just wish every garrison town had a home game. NZ at home is a good start, but we need cowboys knights Canberra Brisbane and storm all at home imo to share the love and celebrate the day appropriately.