What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ANZAC team

Cloudsurfer

Juniors
So now tell us what you think :sarcasm:

I went to the game from NZ and supported them...game was really better than what you saw on TV.

Stephen Kearney, the Kiwis support staff, the players, all deserve better fans. The lack of Kiwi support was noticeable but those of us there saw an awesome game and the future unfold in front of us!

Proud Kiwi, very proud of the Kiwi team!

ozbash

Referee

It was a good game and one that was actually there for the winning.

but,
For years the aussies have set us up playing these one off "Tests" (16 in a row?), aka, SOO warm ups, that you cant really blame kiwi fans for feeling disillusioned at the inevitable flogging..

All very well putting your heart on your sleeve and supporting the boys no matter what, but there comes a point when you get fed up with the NZRL's gutlessness and you'd rather watch S15 than a RL test.

Of course, a series is a totally different story...

Cloudsurfer

Juniors
I agree...needs to be a series & that needs to be pushed from the top - understand the disillusionment but the groundswell of support from the fans is what will create the demand for it to happen.

There were 25K at that game, room for at least another 10K Kiwi supporters....if we don't turn up and be vocal in support of our national team (no matter the result) there's no need to change anything is there?

Blair

Coach

I went to the game from NZ and supported them...game was really better than what you saw on TV.

Stephen Kearney, the Kiwis support staff, the players, all deserve better fans. The lack of Kiwi support was noticeable but those of us there saw an awesome game and the future unfold in front of us!

That's cool. I last felt this way, way back in 1991. We'd upset the Kangaroos in the first test in Melbourne and were feeling amazing.

The next tests were 0-44 and 12-40 and that was that.

Cloudsurfer

Juniors
That's cool. I last felt this way, way back in 1991. We'd upset the Kangaroos in the first test in Melbourne and were feeling amazing.

The next tests were 0-44 and 12-40 and that was that.

Understand the pain...but wasn't that when there were 14 kiwis in the NRL & now there's 112?

It is a bit like Queensland dominance over NSW but eras end. In the meantime a win here and there puts stars in the eyes of young guys thinking about taking up RL.
Or shall we all just give up?

ozbash

Referee
Or shall we all just give up?

no

we should push for a 3 game ANZAC series, home and away.

we should have this format instead of Origin..... yea, I know..

Blair

Coach
no

When was the last three test series?

I remember the hype around the 1991 test series, it worked with the three-game Origin (in its early days of being broadcast live into NZ).

Both formats worked in '91, on both sides of the ditch. Of course it helped that a young Kiwi side won the first test so convincingly and against the odds (24-8). The whole series was played in Australia. Surely the last?

And, just to add emphasis, the 1991 Winfield Cup was a cracker, with huge numbers following it across NSW, Qld and NZ, along with live semis and GF on TVNZ and huge ratings.

In 1991 everything worked as one. What happened?

jamaman

Juniors

Oz will always win with home advantage...

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
no

Nice thought but it's a waste of time discussing. We don't get a $1B TV rights deal with 3 Tests over SOO.

And while we're talking about the haka, that one on Friday was a disgrace. I don't give a shit if I'm called racist for the following - the non-players involved were simply trying to make as much noise and carry-on like f**kwits rather than participate in a proper haka. It was embarrassing. I'm sure there's someone who will tell me I don't know a thing about it, and I don't know much. But I know when I see a bunch of people who are more interested in making a spectacle of themselves and making loud noises than honouring their forefathers/tribe etc in a haka.

ozbash

Referee
Nice thought but it's a waste of time discussing. We don't get a $1B TV rights deal with 3 Tests over SOO.

And while we're talking about the haka, that one on Friday was a disgrace. I don't give a shit if I'm called racist for the following - the non-players involved were simply trying to make as much noise and carry-on like f**kwits rather than participate in a proper haka. It was embarrassing. I'm sure there's someone who will tell me I don't know a thing about it, and I don't know much. But I know when I see a bunch of people who are more interested in making a spectacle of themselves and making loud noises than honouring their forefathers/tribe etc in a haka.

totally agree, on both counts.

Me to I was there and we made heaps of noise

Pride is defianitly still in the jumper
Also did u see Isaac Luke out there with the team when they were warming up, he was awesum always talking to Henry and Havili and pumping the boys up

Cloudsurfer

Juniors
Me to I was there and we made heaps of noise

Pride is defianitly still in the jumper
Also did u see Isaac Luke out there with the team when they were warming up, he was awesum always talking to Henry and Havili and pumping the boys up

Was with the team at the hotel too, good support for those young guys, good call by SK & crew to have him there all the way through...would've helped their confidence

Latest posts