What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ANZAC team

Cold Roses

Juniors
JWH over moa
Taumalolo over K-Brom
Mau over Eastwood

And it would look a little better

Dunno. Still can't believe that Frank-Paul Nu'uausala made the team over Eastwood for the World Cup. Eastwood gives his all for the Kiwis and Frank Paul is just a liability. At least he has missed out this time around.

JWH in for sure, but for Harris for mine.

Taumalolo definitely over Bromwich Jnr.

Heard Mau got injured over the weekend? Otherwise I'd definitely start him as well.

Cold Roses

Juniors
RTS is probably our best player so put him at fullback don't stick him on the wing

Can't believe he isn't starting there. Goes to speak for Kearneys selection nous doesn't it? Chances are he will play there on attack quite often during the game as he does with the roosters but ffs, he's going to be our fullback for the next 10 years so why not give it to him now and give him every opportunity to be ready for the next World Cup. Kearney can't even recognize what a weapon he has. May as well write off the next 2 years with him still in charge.

Penrose_11

Juniors
I know we always have our problems around test time with suspension and the like but s**t, how many injuries have we had for this one?

Taumalolo, Taylor, TL, Manu, Matulino, Luke, Pritchard, Hoffman, Locke, JWH?? and Mau for a start. Probably a couple of others I've missed out as well.

Cold Roses

Juniors
Aussie bench

Interchange: Daly Cherry-Evans, Boyd Cordner, Nate Myles, Corey Parker

Not a lot of punch off there, but if it's a dry track they are going to run us f**kin ragged.

The only hope we have is to retain posession and keep our big guys rumbling up the middle with momentum. If we let them get too many repeat sets off our conceded penalties or errors we are in massive trouble.

With Tuivasa-Sheck, Johnson, Hiku, Whare and Nightingle there, we actually have a good chance of scoring points. Just don't know who is going to create the opportunities outside of Sheck and Johnson.

oikee

Juniors
Wow, NSW totally owned by Queensland and selectors have sent them a message, you basically are not good enough NSW.
Apart from the mOrris twins and Boydner on the bench, along with aussie Jim, you are skint in the International department.
After the Titans torn the Tigers a new one today, you can see why.

Queensland verses the Kiwis, bring it.

MKEB...

Staff member
Gerard Beale, (St George-Illawarra Dragons), Adam Blair (Wests Tigers), Jesse Bromwich (Melbourne Storm), Kenneath Bromwich (Melbourne Storm), Greg Eastwood (Canterbury Bulldogs), Tohu Harris (Melbourne Storm), Siliva Havili (NZ Warriors), Ben Henry (NZ Warriors), Peta Hiku (Manly Sea Eagles), Isaac John (Penrith Panthers), Shaun Johnson (NZ Warriors), Simon Mannering (NZ Warriors), Sam Moa (Sydney Roosters), Jason Nightingale (St George-Illawarra Dragons), Kevin Proctor (Melbourne Storm), Martin Taupau (Wests Tigers), Roger Tuivasa-Sheck (Sydney Roosters), Dean Whare (Penrith Panthers)

havili...not enough first grade.
hiku...another couple of years, Goodwin or perrett maybe
taupau...woulda preferred JWH
K. Bromwich...woulda had sika manu

don't think you could go without easetwood tbh, one of our best in internationals for years.
progress.gif

Penrose_11

Juniors
Whose our mongrel in the side? When Bird just needs to be rocked onto hid arse with a couple of uppercuts, where is that gonna come from? Smith always offered this option previously and Luke niggled like the best of them. Can't see it coming from Mannering, Henry or Havilli. Hopefully someone else has it in their arsenal if required!!

Penrose_11

Juniors
Just watching the Manly V Canbera highlights. I can see why Bill Tupou didn't even get one mention in the lead up to team selection. Hiku scores 4. Billy rushes up and gets stranded every time.

Hopefully Hiku's saved a couple more for Friday night!!

what ever

Juniors
I know that there are alot of new names with this team due to injuries... but are some not named because of what happened at the World Cup?

warrior poet

Juniors
besides the players not named due to injury or suspension, sbw is out because he wont even be there for the 4nations and krisnan inu who is named for samoa... does anyone know why some of the others from the world cup aren't there? I heard rumours they were considering bringing hohaia back from superleague!

even though on paper we are seriously undermanned... history shows never to right the kiwis off when there in this position... historically some of our best victories over the 'roos have been when we are down on players and forced to select players with lesser reputations (and from reserve grade)... does the name olsen filipaina mean anything to any one?

Fufu Andronez

First Grade
Whose our mongrel in the side? When Bird just needs to be rocked onto hid arse with a couple of uppercuts, where is that gonna come from? Smith always offered this option previously and Luke niggled like the best of them. Can't see it coming from Mannering, Henry or Havilli. Hopefully someone else has it in their arsenal if required!!

Tapau and Blair IMO

WithTheDawn

Juniors
This will be even more of a write off than usual for the ANZAC test. Still, will blood a few younger players to this level, could help in the long run. With this many injuries we never had much chance anyway, so might as well try to pick some younger players.

Excited to see Hiki, and Havilli will probably get more minutes than he has in any of his (three?) Warriors games so far. Havilli getting picked reminds me of when we used to pick TL back when he couldn't even make the Warriors team though.

mean_maori_mean

Juniors
besides the players not named due to injury or suspension, sbw is out because he wont even be there for the 4nations and krisnan inu who is named for samoa... does anyone know why some of the others from the world cup aren't there? I heard rumours they were considering bringing hohaia back from superleague!

even though on paper we are seriously undermanned... history shows never to right the kiwis off when there in this position... historically some of our best victories over the 'roos have been when we are down on players and forced to select players with lesser reputations (and from reserve grade)... does the name olsen filipaina mean anything to any one?

They should of brought Hohaia back.
Bit of a disgrace giving Havili and John a kiwi jersey imo.

Would rathers RTS fullback, Hiku Stand off and bring back Hohaia/Heremaia for 9.

mean_maori_mean

Juniors
This will be even more of a write off than usual for the ANZAC test. Still, will blood a few younger players to this level, could help in the long run. With this many injuries we never had much chance anyway, so might as well try to pick some younger players.

Excited to see Hiki, and Havilli will probably get more minutes than he has in any of his (three?) Warriors games so far. Havilli getting picked reminds me of when we used to pick TL back when he couldn't even make the Warriors team though.

Probably he is the only hooker named.
Unfortunately he will need a few redbulls because he wont be able to handle more than 20 mins at a time.

JJ

Immortal
Joke team tbh... Several are barely first graders...

Only hope of keeping it interesting is if the Aussies treat it as a half arsed training run

Latest posts