What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ANZAC team

jaseg

Juniors
Marshall needs to be rushed into the squad

LOL no. We have two currently first choice NRL halves (Hoffman/Johnson), why on earth would we need to rush in a guy who has barely played any footy (and union at that) all year? Isaac John has a better claim than Marshall also.

My revised team;

Perrett
Nightingale
Beale
Whare
Tuivasa-Sheck
Hoffman
Johnson
Bromwich
Havili
Waerea-Hargreaves
Mannering
Manu
Eastwood

Taupau
Matulino
Ma'u
Taylor

Vatuvei & Harris make up the 19 man squad, Moa very unlucky. Perrett & RTS can swap positions either to start with, or throughout the game as the coach sees fit.

Way too early for Havili, yet we have no other options but to invest in youth in this key position - Taylor can play a few minutes in the middle of the game to give Havili a rest, but he's a backrower who covers every position for that team, really - it's a waste to play him at hooker. Not that it will stop Kearney....

oikee

Juniors
Sheck at Fullback. Vatuvei on the wing along with Nightngale and Beale SKD at centres.

1=Sheck
2=Vatuvei
3=Beale
4=SKD
5=Nightngale
6=Hoffman
7=Johnson

That is a winning formula right their.

Does anyone think is is very sinister for the afl to hold a Anzac day game in NZ.

This is nothing short of a money grab and i am surprised the NZ government allow it.
It disrespects our Anzac day tradition if you ask me.
You NZ guys should send a letter to your government protesting this aussie rules insult which has nothing to do with NZ on this day.
I get a bad taste even thinking about this game. NZ rugby union seems to have just laid down and said nothing, i would be kicking up a real storm.
What is the saying, "men that do nothing".

JoeD

First Grade
Does anyone think is is very sinister for the afl to hold a Anzac day game in NZ.
I might if I knew about it but this is the first I've heard of it.

Penrose_11

Juniors
With our boys falling like flies, here's my revised side:

Perrett
RTS
SKD
Whare
Nightngale
John
Johnson
JWH
Havilli - lots of early dummy half runs to get front foot ball
Bromwich
Mutalino
Mannering
Smith

Taylor - not a big fan but unsure who else????
Taupau
Eastwood
Taumalolo

Perrett in a straight swap for Hoffman - I know he's not ruled out yet but we all know what happens to Kiwi players when tests roll around.

And I clear forgot about Smith earlier. Is he just not playing well or is there more to the fact that he withdrew early from last years WC squad.

Harris, Moa and Beale as my backup.

what ever

Juniors
John is out favour with the selectors because he chose to play for the Cook Islands at the world cup last year. How many players in the past have played for other countries but still got selected for the kiwis. With Clearly as assistant coach, we should have heard something by now. Hope he has an awesome game on Saturday for the panthers NSW team against the sharks.

1. Hoffman
2. RTS
3. Beale
4. Whare
5. Hiku
6. Norman
7. Johnson
8. JHW
9. Havili
10. Bromwich
11. Matulino
12. Mau
13. Mannering

14. Kyle Stanley
15. Taumalolo
16. Moa
17. Taupau
18. Simona

Man we are out of options at nine. Faiumu is the only hooker I can think of playing in the ESL?
Apart from that Mcillwrick, kaysa Pritchard, and slade griffin are the only kiwi hookers playing in the nrl outside of Auckland?

Last edited:

Penrose_11

Juniors
Our guys are going down like flies. Aside from Pritchard, Foran and TL, this weekend alone saw Vatuvai and Taylor both go off injured and Hoffman and J Smith being late injury changes. Also still unsure of Matulino's injury status? Were there any others of concern from weekends games so far?

jaseg

Juniors
God I hate to suggest this...Ben Roberts perhaps

:lol::lol::lol: Not JUST yet surely? Still have John, and need to put in the call to Norman I guess. Would also rather see Locke coming from NSW cup to play in the halves than Roberts, tbh.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
It will be a slaughter, you guys are soooo broken.

We tend to kick your arse this game when fit.

Shame really, fully fit, you are a match, unlike the Poms.

Latest posts