What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ANZAC Test ticket sales.

pcpp

Juniors
According to mX (free newspaper handed out at train stations), a crowd of 35,000 is expected - which seems pretty disappointing compared to the last two years.

Coastbloke

Bench
Maybe Brisbane had to many big matches this year...

1st rd matches for Broncs and Titans

Broncs / GC derby

2 SOO matches

Test..

.....Or is that being too understanding...??

dazza

Staff member
we bought our tickets on the 5th april & pax number on 1 ticket is 15987.

hopefully alot more have been sold since.

cheers dazza

aarondoyle

Juniors
The other big matches have been promoted better. When people who love footy forget its on... its p1ss poor.

t-ba

Post Whore
aarondoyle said:
The other big matches have been promoted better. When people who love footy forget its on... its p1ss poor.

Welcome to every round in Sydney...every test in Sydney...every SoO in Sydney.

ouwet

Bench
In the Telecrap today it said 2 thousand tickets had been sold on monday night alone and that all up 25,000 had been sold (don't know if that's from monday night or today)

In-goal

Bench
I'm tipping that a full strength NZ consisting of Stacey Jones, Brent Webb, Shontayne Hape, Benji and Sonny Bill along with the rest of the bruising pack would create intstant uforia; and saying that a sellout garuntee

Coastbloke

Bench
http://www.stuff.co.nz/4030288a10713.html

ARL making hard work of Test promotion

SMH | Wednesday, 18 April 2007

AAMB1();
The Australians seem to be doing everything in their power to make it difficult for Friday's Anzac Test to be promoted.

So far they have held two training sessions and a team photo session - but all three changed at late notice.

After the changes, the Monday training session and the Tuesday photo op clashed with the major New Zealand media opportunity of the day.

The Kiwis' schedule, set weeks ago, included 90 minutes of interviews, with every player there, on Monday, then a media conference to announce the team yesterday.
Unfortunately, many reporters couldn't be there because they were across town where the Aussies offered eight minutes of Ricky Stuart and Steve Simpson on the first day and, after the team photo, 25 minutes with the squad (excluding Darren Lockyer and Willie Mason).

Officials are hoping for a crowd of about 40,000 at Suncorp Stadium. Let's hope that many know it's on

Hindyscrack

Bench
t-ba said:

I keep an eye on things closely up here, there was not one bit of advertising for SOO I and III yet over 100K tickets were sold in less then a day.

There has been plenty of PR for the Titans and Broncos games, but no real paid advertising.

A bit could have been invested considering the low amount of press for the test so far.

brendothejet

First Grade
Brisbane is getting a taste of what it is like living in sydney. Everywhere I go i see ads for teams and players in codes I don't follow, yet every weekend the NRL is the most popular.

under "resting on your laurels" this is the NRL directors board's photo in the encylcopedia

langpark

First Grade
In-goal said:
I'm tipping that a full strength NZ consisting of Stacey Jones, Brent Webb, Shontayne Hape, Benji and Sonny Bill along with the rest of the bruising pack would create intstant uforia; and saying that a sellout garuntee
You're an idiot. Why tip that if we'll never know if it can be proven rite or not? And i doubt an extra 20k would turn up for Jones, Hape and Webb, hardly household names.

aarondoyle

Juniors
t-ba said:

It's pathetic. The NRL/ARL need to start sucking up the ar$es of every media outlet in the country. Really try to get the games out there.

I spend half the footy season promoting the footy in my own way. I encourage mates to come to the footy with me, talk up the big games, talk up the little games... got one girl at work back on to footy, got another on to the Titans (not the Broncs but any league is better than none), and have about 10 friends now who love international RL.

People are idiots. You need to hype it for them. Make it seem spectacular. The AFL makes it seem like they are THE sports code of Australia. Make it seems liek every game is a part of history, every game is as important as the next. It works a treat sadly.

Sorry I'm rambling now.

brendothejet

First Grade
aarondoyle said:
It's pathetic. The NRL/ARL need to start sucking up the ar$es of every media outlet in the country. Really try to get the games out there.

I spend half the footy season promoting the footy in my own way. I encourage mates to come to the footy with me, talk up the big games, talk up the little games... got one girl at work back on to footy, got another on to the Titans (not the Broncs but any league is better than none), and have about 10 friends now who love international RL.

People are idiots. You need to hype it for them. Make it seem spectacular. The AFL makes it seem like they are THE sports code of Australia. Make it seems liek every game is a part of history, every game is as important as the next. It works a treat sadly.

Sorry I'm rambling now.

Rambles like that are more than acceptable in the INternational section as they are often all that keeps us from going insane.

We feel your pain my friend.

magpie_man

Juniors
aarondoyle said:

Sorry I'm rambling now.
One of the best ways you can get people interested is starting up an office tipping comp.

aarondoyle

Juniors
magpie_man said:
One of the best ways you can get people interested is starting up an office tipping comp.

Started one last week... people asking to join after the first week. Should have started before the season started, but better late than never.

aarondoyle

Juniors
Also I think it's interesting... they've just starting advertising it a little up here, and they sell 2,000 tickets over night. If they'd been advertising it for weeks they might actually have gotten the 40k they keep predicting in the NRL forum, unlike the unfortunate 28k they might pull.

yosh64

Juniors
Everyone agrees that they need to do some marketing. Some reckon webb, jones would pull a full-house.

Why the hell arent there stuff about Sonny Bill Williams/Benji Marshall/Asotasi taking on Lockyer/Thurston/Mason????

That's some name dropping right there! Then we might start getting more media/fan interest. They talked up the Mason v Asotasi factor for the Souths v Dogs match earlier in the year and they got 34,000.

I hate the NRL/ARL advertising department!

Ari Gold

Bench
aarondoyle said:
Also I think it's interesting... they've just starting advertising it a little up here, and they sell 2,000 tickets over night. If they'd been advertising it for weeks they might actually have gotten the 40k they keep predicting in the NRL forum, unlike the unfortunate 28k they might pull.

They sold 25k by monday night.... they will easily get 35-40k

aarondoyle

Juniors
robyalvaro said:
They sold 25k by monday night.... they will easily get 35-40k

I hope so but Brisbanites usually buy their tickets in advance. Less people buy at the last minute, and a lot less at the gate than in Sydney.

Latest posts