What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ANZAC Test ticket sales.

Coastbloke

Bench
I suppose the time is right for this thread.

Mod, will there be a seperate sub-forum for this?

We know how ticket sales went for the SOO in the QLD, but how are the ticket sales going for the ANZAC Test at Suncorp?

I've heard zero promotion for this match as per usual. The ARL is relying on word of mouth and the NRL is up to it's usual attitude of "it's the ARL's" territory...

It's the sort of attitude that will get us maybe 35-40000 to this match.

SOO is Australia's best 32 rugby league players in action. Well, 17 of those 'best' players haven't beaten NZ in a full 80 mins in the last 2 Tri Nation finals.

ARL. Please explain why this is not important..??

langpark

First Grade
I think they're resting on their laurels and expecting the Brisbane public to still come out in numbers. For the last two Anzac Tests they were already advertising by now, but i've seen nothing yet. And I think the much anticipated Broncos v Titans match is on a week before it, which will probably mean a lower attendance - 30k at this rate.

brendothejet

First Grade
well if its allright to sh*t on sydney when we have crap crowds after zero promotion lets start sh*tting on brisbane...

hahahah

Im kidding folks, i loev what the qlders do.

I might try and make it up there for this one.

BJW#84

Juniors
I'll be travelling up from NSW. What is the official date? I have seen the 20th on the NRL site but I have heard twice that the 27th is the right date.

hutch

First Grade
so the game is in less then 3 weeks and we have had zero promotion for it. why does this happen year after year?

langpark

First Grade
actually, just in the last few days they've been running ads on the front page of the courier mail, so there is something. but i think this game needs something, some hype, like for willy to call out kidwell or something, otherwise it'll probably be a mediocre turnout

langpark said:
actually, just in the last few days they've been running ads on the front page of the courier mail, so there is something. but i think this game needs something, some hype, like for willy to call out kidwell or something, otherwise it'll probably be a mediocre turnout

Yeah last year it was hunt turning his back on the kiwis that revved it all up.

Coastbloke

Bench
There were a few reasons it was hyped last year:

Hunt being a traitor to his country.

John's last Test.

First match after Tri Nations final shut out.

Ricky Stuart talking up the Jersey.

brendothejet

First Grade
What is this I hear about mediocre turnouts???

South east queensland is the home of rugby league in Australia isn't it?

anything less than the last two years is criminal.

fourplay

Juniors
NRL players want more pay but they have no idea how to hype a match either.

eg. Its souths vs bulldogs this weekend and Kidwell is saying "whenever i see willie out I say hello, have a nice chat" etc.

If he said he wants to smash his head in again.. and show it was no cheap shot u could probably add another 5k+ to the crowd atleast and 100k to the tv ratings.

The kiwi coach should come out saying there is nothing more that he hates than australia, how they are scum, and how they are going to use bash tactics and smash mason again.

This would be back page material and would build the game massively.

Murphdogg1

Juniors
fourplay said:
NRL players want more pay but they have no idea how to hype a match either.

eg. Its souths vs bulldogs this weekend and Kidwell is saying "whenever i see willie out I say hello, have a nice chat" etc.

If he said he wants to smash his head in again.. and show it was no cheap shot u could probably add another 5k+ to the crowd atleast and 100k to the tv ratings.

The kiwi coach should come out saying there is nothing more that he hates than australia, how they are scum, and how they are going to use bash tactics and smash mason again.

This would be back page material and would build the game massively.

Brian McClennan and David Kidwell also want to win - they tried those tactics last year (Pritchard promising Karmichael Hunt would want to be playing for NZ by the end of the night) and got done by 50

How about some actual PR by the marketing team of the ARL, it is their job!

brendothejet

First Grade
He has some good points. The reason International RL has been good lately is because the best players are playing and they are playing to win at whatever cost.

RL is no game for marshmallows and at International level it is the 4 best front rowers in the world going arge for barge

hutch

First Grade
Coastbloke said:
Hunt being a traitor to his country.

hope im not opening up another can of worms here, but one could say it was hunts debut for his country. but hey, we went over it enough last year!

Coastbloke

Bench
hutch said:
hope im not opening up another can of worms here, but one could say it was hunts debut for his country. but hey, we went over it enough last year!

It's a bugbear of mine..

If Hunt had said "I want to play for Australia", I would have been fine. Instead he said "I want to play for QLD..."

He chose a SOO jersey over a Test jersey.

It sh*ts me..