What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Archer last night

Archer last night was ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Iafeta said:
C'mon Willow, don't fight facts with him. You'll make him look stupid.
LOL. You're right. I should stick to exaggeration and melodrama... a far more effective method.

I'm still looking in the rule book for the section which says its OK for a man playing the ball to interfere with the marker. Be buggered if I can find it but clearly the Sharks were ripped off in that movement as well.

Riddell

Juniors
BlaC_WIte_"N"_BlUE said:
he missed that barrey try it was forward

Yeah it probably was and if i was a sharks supporter i would be complaining too but also if you were a dragons supporter you would be complaining about the push on barrett. When you look at the whole game archer was fairly poor, especially in the play the ball and the supposed 10 metres.

SHD

Juniors
Absolute piss poor consistency. Just terrible. The 10m, how quick you were allowed off the line, what constituted a bad enough high hit for a penalty, when to stop play, how long you could niggle to slow the play the ball... all over the place.

BWNB

First Grade
Riddell said:
Yeah it probably was and if i was a sharks supporter i would be complaining too but also if you were a dragons supporter you would be complaining about the push on barrett. When you look at the whole game archer was fairly poor, especially in the play the ball and the supposed 10 metres.
agree with the 10 meters it wasnt existing all nite , as for the barret thing he took a dive he is a cat , what more would you expect?

Big_Bad_Shark_Fan

First Grade
BWNB sometimes i think we r the only 1s with some sense on here
like i said if u wanna penalise vagana for touching barret thered be another 30 penalties in every game. play the balls always touch the markers, its a habbit in nrl. there was nothing wrong with wat vagana. did a little push to the chest which he somehow fell to the ground off (cat).

Iafeta

Referee
BS.

You are not allowed to impede the defence. Barrett is a defender at marker.

Penalty. No try. Stop exaggerating, 30 penalties? Willow's right, in your next post you'll have it down to 14, and then 2 when the shoe goes on the other foot.

You were beaten fair and square, and if anything you were damn lucky to have Tony Archer officiating because if it had have been a referee mentally capable of keeping teams back ten metres we would have got to see some footy - rather than a scrapathon. And we all know who has the better footy team out of those two mobs.

Riddell

Juniors
Barrett probably did put it on a bit but the point is vagana, quite forcefully shoved him in the face when barrett was just standing there waiting for the play the ball. No matter what the result of this is, hes hit him in the face and it should be a penalty

BWNB

First Grade
Big_Bad_Shark_Fan said:
BWNB sometimes i think we r the only 1s with some sense on here
like i said if u wanna penalise vagana for touching barret thered be another 30 penalties in every game. play the balls always touch the markers, its a habbit in nrl. there was nothing wrong with wat vagana. did a little push to the chest which he somehow fell to the ground off (cat).

agree when have you seen stevo or one of those players who arnt cats fall over like that , i would hate to have any of you other guys as refs there would be a penatly every tackle

Willow

Assistant Moderator
BlaC_WIte_"N"_BlUE said:
there where two in that play. thats all
Your buddy thinks there were seven.

Can one of you show me where in the rules book that interfering with the marker is allowed? And didnt Sharks get a try from that?

You're whinging about it but the decision went your way.

Iafeta

Referee
Stevo not a cat? Mwahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah - Mr Wedgie!

I nearly fell off my seat. You should go into comedy.

Craigshark

First Grade
miketyson said:
cronulla didn't make a linebreak for 79 minutes.

thats why they lost.

Um, i seem to remember a line break in the first half to Beau Scott.. Down the left hand side of the field.
Barrett is a cat. Vagana basically just touched him and Barrett fell over. You see it at every play the ball, though not everyone is a cat and takes a dive like Barrett. Maybe he should take a look at taking up soccer.
And that try to Barrett did come off a forward pass. ;-)

In the END, we lost. St.George-Illawarra won. Simple.

Craigshark

First Grade
Iafeta said:
Stevo not a cat? Mwahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah - Mr Wedgie!

I nearly fell off my seat. You should go into comedy.

That just shows how much you DON'T know about football. If you had even watched one game this season which Stevens played in, you would realise that he has been one of our best players.. On his day, he is still one of the best front-rowers in the game, even though he is retiring.
Wedgies don't make someone a cat.

Riddell

Juniors
Craigshark said:
Barrett is a cat. Vagana basically just touched him and Barrett fell over. You see it at every play the ball, though not everyone is a cat and takes a dive like Barrett. Maybe he should take a look at taking up soccer.

Are you serious ??? you need to watch the incident again. Just touched him hey . . . lol. he got up and quite forcefully shoved him in the face. Explain to me how this isn't a penalty.

Craigshark

First Grade
It wasn't a penalty.
Barrett maybe should become an actor. He seemed to do a good enough job to have all you fooled. There was nothing in it and Barrett knew it.

Saint 60

Juniors
Archer tried....and was extremely trying -

Ill leave it at that...and i hope he just leaves for England-

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Craigshark said:
Vagana basically just touched him and Barrett fell over. You see it at every play the ball
And you see a bit of hollywood in every match. Perhaps by attacking Barrett you're feeling a little better now.

Put whatever spin you want on it and convince yourselves that what Vagana did was all legit. But in my opinion, he was lucky not to be penalised - he broke the rules, and the Sharks scored a try. So what's your problem?

And the pass was probably forward but the ref errors went both ways.

Fortunately none of this had any bearing on the match outcome.

Sharks did well to make the finals and acquitted themselves admirably. But at the end of the day, 2nd defeated 7th in a close fought match.

Craigshark

First Grade
Craigshark said:
In the END, we lost. St.George-Illawarra won. Simple.

^

There was nothing in the incident. That is my opinion.. You have your's. We will never agree. So lets no go around in circles. :)

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Craigshark said:
^

There was nothing in the incident. That is my opinion.. You have your's. We will never agree. So lets no go around in circles. :)
I don't know, you seem to be making a big fuss about Barrett's role in it all. He fell on his back after copping one in the face from Vagana. God dammit! Let's hunt down Barrett and hang him from the nearest tree.

You might want to address the question being posed. Did Vagana break the rules Craigshark?