What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Archer last night

Archer last night was ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

taxidriver

Coach
For mine Archer was the reason the Sharks were in the game last night.

He gave them the opportunity to stand offside, the ten metres was a joke and if the ruck had been slowed down any further we would have had cobwebs on the players.

Full credit to the Sharks for taking advantage of it and they came mighty close to a win.

Archers performance last night was not of NRL standard let alone finals footy.

maybe I'm too biased and am not being fair on the guy.

Thoughts of those who watched/heard the game ?

Cletus

First Grade
I didn't think he was that bad really. Not my favourite ref but I don't think he influenced the result.

Albinomonkey

Juniors
they definitely shouldn't have scored that last try. vagana took out our marker (barrett) and then played the ball. ridiculous.

Cletus

First Grade
Albinomonkey said:
they definitely shouldn't have scored that last try. vagana took out our marker (barrett) and then played the ball. ridiculous.
Your lot won didn't they?

Eelectrica

Referee
I agree with Taxidriver. Archer allowing the hold downs in tackles and people standing offside allowed the sharks to stay in the game.
Guess it made for a tense finish, but it was frustrating to watch.

Iafeta

Referee
One of two things were happening

The Sharks had superman line speed
Or Tony Archer simply was not a good enough referee to enforce the 10 metre offside rule.

Usually I'd say its the former, but Tony Archer's abilities and proven mistakes and ruining of games makes me think its highly possible its the latter.

Big_Bad_Shark_Fan

First Grade
Albinomonkey said:

barret wouldnt release after about 20 seconds and vagana went 2 play it n gave him a little push which barret, being the cat that he is took a dive. play the ballers always push the markers just this time barret took a dive

and dont forget u had a rubbish try awarded where there were 7 forward passes in the movement

Iafeta

Referee
Big_Bad_Shark_Fan said:
barret wouldnt release after about 20 seconds and vagana went 2 play it n gave him a little push which barret, being the cat that he is took a dive. play the ballers always push the markers just this time barret took a dive

and dont forget u had a rubbish try awarded where there were 7 forward passes in the movement

20 seconds is 19.5 second over exaggeration, but good try anyway.

Knees Nutley was pushing people back down left right and centre in the play of the ball.

Definite penalty, definite no try.

Big_Bad_Shark_Fan

First Grade
u watch it again and look how long barret held on and the tackle before how long he held on to covell, it was honestly a sin binning it was deliberately holding us down to win the game. then he had vagana in a headlock too and vagana was trying to push him off him and had aenough and pushed him down. a fair try, the ref called it right

Iafeta

Referee
Good gawd, you need to take the blinkers off. Deadset.

I like neither the Sharks nor the Dragons, but that was a penalty.

If it was holding down Tony Archer should have penalised Barrett, but he didn't, so therefore it was fair go. It's not fair go however to take out the marker. The problem was Tony Archer had allowed Cronulla to slow the ruck down all match, so he was unable to penalise Barrett as he'd set the tone for allowing slow play the balls and offsides.

Penalty. Incorrect call. FMD, you don't need ANY affiliation with St George Illawarra whatsoever to see that.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Big_Bad_Shark_Fan said:
u watch it again and look how long barret held on and the tackle before how long he held on to covell
I thought you were talking about the Vagana-Barrett incident.

BBSF, I think you're getting a little mixed up. Barrett was not hanging onto Vagana for one second let alone 20 seconds. In fact, he was just standing there. And there no seven forward passes in one movement.
Perhaps you dreamt it.

Big_Bad_Shark_Fan

First Grade
Iafeta said:
Good gawd, you need to take the blinkers off. Deadset.

I like neither the Sharks nor the Dragons, but that was a penalty.

If it was holding down Tony Archer should have penalised Barrett, but he didn't, so therefore it was fair go. It's not fair go however to take out the marker. The problem was Tony Archer had allowed Cronulla to slow the ruck down all match, so he was unable to penalise Barrett as he'd set the tone for allowing slow play the balls and offsides.

Penalty. Incorrect call. FMD, you don't need ANY affiliation with St George Illawarra whatsoever to see that.

no u r wrong
he gave him a little shove which barret took a very catty dive 2
watch the game today
watch both play the ballers give a little shove to the marker
and watch them all stay on their feet, unlike that cat barret

miketyson

Juniors
Archer kept the sharks in the game with his '7 meters'

Plus vagana push on Barrett was a penalty without question.

drake

First Grade
Archer had a fitty riding on the sharks at $5.50. :LOL: Jokes.

Seriously though.

The 10 metres was very slack when the sharks were defending, he let several high shots on Ryles go and then penalised Ennis when he hit a falling player. Too high? He swung his arm at waist height!
And of course there was the Vagana face fend on Barrett at the play the ball.

Archer should be sponsored by Godfreys.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Big_Bad_Shark_Fan said:
yes archer kept the sharks in the game by giving saints a try with 3 deliberate forward passes in one movement
Only 3 now?
That's a bit of a drop from 7.

Latest posts