What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Archer should be arrested

ozjet1

Sent: Sunday, October 04, 2009 7:34 PM
To: TCN The Sunday Roast
Subject: Another Final Another Failure

Fellas Again?

Yep again, we sore another poor attempt at umpiring an NRL final, why is that? Wait let me see we have Tony Archer umpiring. That could be it, but just to confirm it I found the "Tony Archer is the worst Origin Referee in history" Facebook page. Seems like im not the only one that thinks this. So why don't we have a look at some poor umpiring decisions over the years? Im sure there is more then one.

CHeers Luke

P.s And im a Boncos supporter.

Sent:Monday, 5 October 2009 6:48:17 AMTo: Luke Bailey (xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx)

Referee Hayne was worse than Archer in last night's game Luke. And that crucial penalty against Moi Moi was on Hayne's advice to Archer.

Vossy

Well i got a reply from the Roast fellas, and this is what Vossy was thinking.

so why didnt hayne give the penalty?

the procedure is f**ked. they just make things harder for themselves.

f**ken idiots.

dollyhands

Juniors
Reddy didn't ground the ball when awarded a try! i know it's on the screen right in front of me but why should i believe what i see! I'll just complain and cry cry cry and hope it changes what happened:crazy:Suck monkey balls you dirty parra grub cry babys:lol: ( not aimed at the few gracefully losing parra fans on here )

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Sounds good, can we make it retrospective to 2009? ;-)

What I actually meant was that I thought the best team on the day were the Storm and they deserved to win despite the call. My overall point was that the decision was wrong and it ruined a spectacle, but the better team on the day won the game.

Well if you mean scoring 23 points to the opposition's 16 then yeah of course they were better on the day.

But Parra made more metres, more offloads and more linebreaks. The only place Melbourne won was on the scoreboard, which happens to be the only place that counts.

But if we're only going by the scoreboard then why bother having these discussions?

Inglis should have had a blatant penatly from a kick chase

True.

and Slater should not have received that penalty late on.

And true.

But both incidents would have had very different effects on the game.

Apart from that the refs were excellent, although the Storm could argue the fact that they were on the end of a 5 or 6-2 penalty count until that Slater incident at the end.

Surely you're not going to argue that the penalty count should be even in every game?

Melbourne are well known for being grubby around the ruck - they should lose the penalty count in every match (and slowing the play-the-ball would still be a good tactic for them, given its effectiveness).

Parra should have had 10 penalties by halftime for holding down.

That said, Parra came out grubby in the second half and why not? It was working for Melbourne and Parra won the second half.

The ref's had a shocker. The grubbiest team in each half won that half of footy.

Parra were not dudded.

Mate, with one massive dud call at that point Parra were dudded. They got themselves 16 points behind and then got themselves to within 6. That call took the game out of their hands.

Surely if the ref is going to f**k up the benefit of the doubt should go to the team trailing on the scoreboard.

It just makes for good entertainment.

You could argue that they had the better of the game to a degree, winning the yardage battle and looking more dangerous in attack with their off-loads. But at the same time it was the fundamentals that lost them the game. Woeful last tackle options and very soft defense which allowed the Storm to slice through their little men easily for 3 simple tries.

All true.

That wasn't Archer's fault.

Nobody's saying it was. But Parra came back to make a game of it and Archer ended it all with one whistle blast.

Melbourne never really had to get out of 3rd gear

Melbourne were sh*tting themselves until Archer's call. Cameron Smith said as much after the game.

and Parra are kidding themselves if they think one decision cost them the game.

At the time the decision was made it cost them the game. All that came before was history by the time Archer made that call.

By far the best team were Storm and worthy winners and unquestionably the team of the decade.

Definitely the team of the decade and sure they deserved it more.

But aside from better defence and kicking from the Melbourne halves, Parra played better footy on the day.

They were just very unlucky.
neutral looks at scoreboard and says "Good Luck" to the wailers

Your obvious Hayne Envy says there's nothing neutral about you. It doesn't matter if you don't support the storm; if you hate Parra then you're not a neutral.

Suck monkey balls you dirty parra grub cry babys

You sad little hater.

Jobdog

Live Update Team
:lol: @ all the people saying "Sucked in Parra - 23-16 waaaah waaaah waaaah". At least they gave us someone to cheer for in the Grand Final, and at least they did better than 14 other clubs (mine included).

As for Archer - IMO he made the wrong call, but it didn't cost Parra the Grand Final, it just cost them the chance of sending it to extra time.

j0nesy

Bench
But Parra made more metres, more offloads and more linebreaks. The only place Melbourne won was on the scoreboard, which happens to be the only place that counts.

The Storm also completed more sets, made less errors, scored more tries, kicked more goals, made more tackles. We can selectively choose stats until the cows come home. Melbourne were on the wrong end of the penalty count and still won the game. Parramatta were not robbed.

But if we're only going by the scoreboard then why bother having these discussions?

Isn't it obvious? It's so that some Parramatta fans can whinge and make excuses for the loss. What's your position? Do you think Parramatta were robbed?

danno

Juniors
The penalty disappointed me, but when i realised it was for stealing rather for holding on i understood the decision, if not agreeing with it. The leg tackle holding down penalty is a blight on the game, and has been for some time. If Melbourne continue to get the massive advantage they get from tackling blokes onto their back and legs tackles continue to go un rewarded by our tackle grading system then im affraid this will only happen again and again.

The penalty was for holding on, not stealing:

Archer was standing by the call.
The NRL's most experienced official said Moimoi was penalised for holding on to Slater - not for a strip. He conceded Slater dropped the ball "cold", but denied the penalty had anything to do with the loose ball.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Can't believe even Sharks supporters are sticking the boot in, you blokes have plenty to laugh at. After the sh*t you're club has put the great game of RL through this season you should just STFU.

Dave Q

Coach
Why any side should bother competing in the comp when we get disgraceful decisions that wreck the ultimate game is beyond me.

The Eels had all of the momentum and the belief, only to see it evoparate by a

PATENTLY WRONG CALL

The entire season, every second of every game was decided by error.

Unless they get these things right, Im off to another sport.

The eels suck on a bit, sure, thats their nature, but even these evil dark-hearted bastards, hell, they didnt deserve this.

The storm should hand the trophy back.

NRL ....this a complete joke.

People wont support a game that puts up with this kind of bad officialdom.

Sponsors have the right to feel ripped off too.

Get it right NRL or bugger off leave our sport.

And Archer should never be seen to make a decision again.

Last edited:

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
They did not play better on the day, Storm were all over them and were deserved winners.

http://www.nrl.com/telstrapremiership/telstrapremiershipscores/tabid/10240/roundid/833/fixtureid/5801/infotabid/2/default.aspx

The Storm also completed more sets, made less errors, scored more tries, kicked more goals, made more tackles. We can selectively choose stats until the cows come home.

Just my point.

It can be argued that Parra played better footy.

In most games it can't be argued who were the beter team. Like last year's grand final, or the one before that.

Melbourne were on the wrong end of the penalty count and still won the game.

It could be argued that giving away a few penalties is worth it when you slow the play-the-ball that much.

When John Madden coached the Oakland Raiders he said if his team didn't concede X number of penalties in a game they weren't trying hard enough.

It's telling that when Parra matched Melbourne's grubbiness in the second half they won the half.

That kind of thing points to bad refereeing.

Parramatta were not robbed.

Of course they were.

Billy Slater knocked on when Melbourne were on the ropes and only six in front.

Isn't it obvious? It's so that some Parramatta fans can whinge and make excuses for the loss.

Don't forget the neutrals.

What's your position? Do you think Parramatta were robbed?

Of course. They fought back and had the game taken out of their hands with 5 minutes to go by a poor refereeing decision.

Noa

First Grade
Why any side should bother competing in the comp when we get disgraceful decisions that wreck the ultimate game is beyond me.

PATENTLY WRONG CALL

The eels suck on a bit, sure, thats their nature, but even these evil dark-hearted bastards, hell, they didnt deserve this.

Get it right NRL or leave our sport.

Which sport will you follow then.

Soccer where players dive to get freekicks, score goals with there hand or are offside.

Basketball where superstar players only have to be breathed upon and they go to the ft line 15-20 times

Or AFL or Union where the rules are that open to interpretation that the peas are blown out of the whislte.

The penalty was there, Storm were the better team, we wont be giving nothing back.

See-ya.

elbusto

Coach

PATENTLY WRONG CALL

Get it right NRL or bugger off leave our sport.

And Archer should never be seen to make a decision again.

WHY THE BIG FONT????? IT wont change the decision!

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore

Well said from a neutral fan.

People can hate Parra and Parra fans all they want; referees decided last night's game. From allowing first half grubbiness to shape the match, to letting a milked penalty end the comeback.

The slackness of policing around the ruck aside, the game was ruined as a spectacle by one moment of refereeing ineptitude. It was an anticlimax.

j0nesy

Bench
Just my point.

It can be argued that Parra played better footy.

So missing more tackles and dropping the ball more often equates to playing better football? Strange logic :?

Look, your team had a great season, provided some great entertainment and amlost a fairytale finish. But don't ruin it by crying foul over one refereeing decision that admittedly ruined a spectacle, but ultimately did not cost you the game.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
So missing more tackles and dropping the ball more often equates to playing better football? Strange logic :?

No. Making more metres, offloads and linebreaks equates to playing better football.

The rugby league world hasn't gotten behind Parra because of their defence or safety-first play mate, the Eels are loved because they're great to watch.

Look, your team had a great season, provided some great entertainment and amlost a fairytale finish. But don't ruin it by crying foul over one refereeing decision that admittedly ruined a spectacle, but ultimately did not cost you the game.

At the point Archer took the game out of Parra's hands they had atoned for all the mistakes that led to them being 16 points behind.

They were coming home with a wet sail and Melbourne were taking their turn to play poorly.

Inglis' try killed our first comeback but Archer's whistle killed our second. Melbourne deserved to win but that doesn't mean Parra weren't robbed.

elbusto

Coach
no. Making more metres, offloads and linebreaks equates to playing better football.

The rugby league world hasn't gotten behind parra because of their defence or safety-first play mate, the eels are loved because they're great to watch.

At the point archer took the game out of parra's hands they had atoned for all the mistakes that led to them being 16 points behind.

They were coming home with a wet sail and melbourne were taking their turn to play poorly.

Inglis' try killed our first comeback but archer's whistle killed our second. Melbourne deserved to win but that doesn't mean parra weren't robbed.
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz!!!!!

scottyeel

Bench
Because you're acting like sore losers and in the process taking the spotlight away from the Storms performance

Why not mention Ben Smith taking out GI 1 m from the try line in the first half

Moi Moi's foot coming very close to the sideline for his try but was never checked

But instead you want to focus on a 50/50 penalty 5 mins from fulltime
:crazy:
Didn't stop you f**kwits whinging at the Dragons for the next 10 weeks.
f**king hypocrite.

Latest posts