What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Archer should be arrested

scottyeel

Bench
:lol: @ all the people saying "Sucked in Parra - 23-16 waaaah waaaah waaaah". At least they gave us someone to cheer for in the Grand Final, and at least they did better than 14 other clubs (mine included).

As for Archer - IMO he made the wrong call, but it didn't cost Parra the Grand Final, it just cost them the chance of sending it to extra time.
This...:clap:

Game_Breaker

Coach
Didn't stop you f**kwits whinging at the Dragons for the next 10 weeks.
f**king hypocrite.

Bahahaha

That decision directly cost us the game, from a vid ref who looked at it many times

Last night it was a 50/50 call, Archer had to make the decision on the spot, Fui held on too long, ball was knocked out of Slaters hand, and did NOT cost you the game

Btw, you should have been more than 6 behind, because for Moi Moi's try, his foot touched the sideline before he grounded the ball, very lucky the vid ref wasnt focused on that

You lost fair and square

Danny-Boy

Juniors
I just watched the replay and I saw;

1. Greg Inglis taken out by Ben Smith in front of the try line. No penalty given, Storm were up 10-0.

2. Inu take a dive for a shot around the shoulders. Penalty given.

3. Dallas Johnson getting up and playing the ball after Moimoi got him with a high shot. No penalty given. Moimoi picked up by the match review comitee.

4. Parra player knocking the ball out of Billy Slater's hand with his knee. THANK GOD A PENALTY WAS GIVEN AS IT WAS A 100% CORRECT DECISION

5. Moimoi putting his foot on the line while in the process of putting the ball down. TRY GIVEN.

6. TURNING POINT - Chambers catching the ball within 10 metres off a field goal. He lets that ball go and Storm get a penalty right in front (depending on the bounce of the ball). 24-6 with 10 or 11 minutes left for play...game over.

Dead set Parra got all the calls. The penalty count favoured them, Melbourne gave them every chance to win the game, and they still couldn't win.

Lets face the facts here, there's no denying it, Melbourne in the end were far too classy and if anything were on the wrong end of most of the decisions.

Not an excellent refereeing performance but nothing here to suggest they cost Parra the game.

Lowdown

Juniors
Fair penalty. Moi Moi had him by the ankle - but didnt control Slater enough.

Slater was smart enough to get up enough to try and play the ball - whilst Moi still had his ankle.

Hence the penalty.

Re: Slater losing the ball - whilst this was not what the penalty was for - I am pretty sure the rule book would indicate the correct decision would also have gone to the Storm against the Eels player whose knee knocked the ball out of his hand whilst he was attempting to play the ball.

Thanks Parra - you put up a good fight - but it wasn't good enough. Maybe next year.

scottyeel

Bench
I just watched the replay and I saw;
1. Greg Inglis taken out by Ben Smith in front of the try line. No penalty given, Storm were up 10-0.

2. Inu take a dive for a shot around the shoulders. Penalty given.

3. Dallas Johnson getting up and playing the ball after Moimoi got him with a high shot. No penalty given. Moimoi picked up by the match review comitee.

4. Parra player knocking the ball out of Billy Slater's hand with his knee. THANK GOD A PENALTY WAS GIVEN AS IT WAS A 100% CORRECT DECISION

5. Moimoi putting his foot on the line while in the process of putting the ball down. TRY GIVEN.
That's probably all true but on the other hand if we watched the game again we could probably note 10 times the Storm were offside or laying in the ruck too long.
6. TURNING POINT - Chambers catching the ball within 10 metres off a field goal. He lets that ball go and Storm get a penalty right in front (depending on the bounce of the ball). 24-6 with 10 or 11 minutes left for play...game over.
Yep stupid mistake. Plays that properly and the game finishes there.

Dead set Parra got all the calls. The penalty count favoured them, Melbourne gave them every chance to win the game, and they still couldn't win.
In your opinion Parra got all the calls. In mine Melbourne slowed Parra down all night illegaly. Melbourne gave them no chances to win but they nearly stole it anyway.
Lets face the facts here, there's no denying it, Melbourne in the end were far too classy and if anything were on the wrong end of most of the decisions.
Too classy, yes but hard done by...NO.
Not an excellent refereeing performance but nothing here to suggest they cost Parra the game
Not excellent by any means and melbourne cost Parra the game by being too good for them.

Danny-Boy

Juniors
That's probably all true but on the other hand if we watched the game again we could probably note 10 times the Storm were offside or laying in the ruck too long.
Yep stupid mistake. Plays that properly and the game finishes there.

In your opinion Parra got all the calls. In mine Melbourne slowed Parra down all night illegaly. Melbourne gave them no chances to win but they nearly stole it anyway.
Too classy, yes but hard done by...NO.
Not excellent by any means and melbourne cost Parra the game by being too good for them.

Yes!!! a reasonable view from a Parra fan. Good onya scottyeel.

critical eye

Juniors
Being not a Melbourne or Parramatta supporter, nor having any particular bias to either team, I was still dissapointed in the refereeing of the GF.
As Melbourne do very well in this area, they would appreciate the field possition and low mistake rate factors in setting up much of thier momentum for wins. Their strike power usually makes anyone pay for thier indescretions.
Having said that, it was not Parramattas indescretion , on 3 crucial calls, that helped Melbourne pave the way to success by giving them critical momentum or stimying Parramattas.
Shame as a lover of the game that it was mared by poor refereeing.

Ike E Bear

Juniors
From an Eels fan ...

Storm were the better team for at least 60 minutes of the game and it would have probably been a bit unjust for them to lose it.

That said, the penalty in question leaves a very sour taste in the mouth. I think I'd be equally dirty about it as a Storm fan, since it sullies the win just a little.

The Eels didn't lose because of that penalty (they lost because of the two very soft tries they let in during the second half after a very poor first half all round), but it definitely denied them a chance to win it.

Oh well, here's hoping the "you have to lose one to win one" theory (the 2007, 2008 and 2009 premiers all lost the previous year's GF) holds true in 2010!

Well done and congratulations to the Storm. They were very good, especially in the first half.

Last word - how the hell did Slater get the Clive Churchill Medal over Adam Blair?!?!?

phonetic

Juniors
It wasn't the first, and won't be the last bad call in a big game.

It's footy. As I've been told many times in the past, suck it up and look forward to next year.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Didn't stop you f**kwits whinging at the Dragons for the next 10 weeks.
f**king hypocrite.

You need some education it seems. The situations are COMPLETELY different :)

http://wwos.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=814560
NRL referees boss Robert Finch stopped short of announcing Steve Clark's axing despite admitting the video referee got it wrong in denying Bulldogs centre Jamal Idris's match-winning try on Friday night.Finch said he could not defend Clark's stunning decision to rob the Bulldogs of two competition points for what the video official claimed was an obstruction play by Greg Eastwood on St George Illawarra five-eighth Jamie Soward in the lead-up to the last minute four-pointer as the Dragons prevailed 20-18.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...at-dodgy-penalty/story-e6frexnr-1225782737094
Eels fans were screaming blue murder after the decision, but Archer was standing by the call.
The NRL's most experienced official said Moimoi was penalised for holding on to Slater - not for a strip. He conceded Slater dropped the ball "cold'', but denied the penalty had anything to do with the loose ball.

So we have an admittedly incorrect call against the Bulldogs which ultimately cost them 100,000 dollars and a minor premiership, as opposed to a admittedly CORRECT call which, because it was correct, did not cost anyone a Premiership.

Parra fell too far behind. Most Eels fans are cool with it - and have accepted the loss and that Melbourne were the better team.

Loudstrat

Coach
LOL at Melbourne fans who have forgotten their whingefest of 06.

I thought it was karma for the Storm after 06. No, it didn't rob parra of the game, but it did rob them of the big finish, and robbed the code of a classic GF in the 97 mould, and left us with a laclusture effort with a few big monents.

The call was definitely dodgey. And Anderson has confirmed his quality by refusing to whinge about it.

dollyhands

Juniors

I thought it was karma for the Storm after 06. No, it didn't rob parra of the game, but it did rob them of the big finish, and robbed the code of a classic GF in the 97 mould, and left us with a laclusture effort with a few big monents.

The call was definitely dodgey. And Anderson has confirmed his quality by refusing to whinge about it.
I doubt you had even been born by then...Loudstrat=$PBB$:lol: Ya team lost so f**k off:lol:

Billythekid

First Grade

That was more like 4 or 5 blatantly wrong decisions. These were also video refs decisions that directly either lost us a try or gave the broncos a try.

This one was a 50/50 call in regular play that would have given you a chance of getting back into it.

Slightly different situations.

I must say though there is nothing better than seeing the team you support lose to the storm in the GF. That must of hurt big time:lol:

Y2Eel

First Grade
Fair penalty. Moi Moi had him by the ankle - but didnt control Slater enough.

Slater was smart enough to get up enough to try and play the ball - whilst Moi still had his ankle.

Hence the penalty.

Re: Slater losing the ball - whilst this was not what the penalty was for - I am pretty sure the rule book would indicate the correct decision would also have gone to the Storm against the Eels player whose knee knocked the ball out of his hand whilst he was attempting to play the ball.

Thanks Parra - you put up a good fight - but it wasn't good enough. Maybe next year.

Thats what annoys me You ask Bill Harrigan about a legs tackle and he says players are ment to get a little longer to hold down..(It gets brought up on talkign sport all the time when he comes on) Refs are ment to call a legs tackle...

I aint to miffed about the call i was just happy about how parra never gave up just like the how they played the season i guess..

Second Slater losing control thanks to the parra players knee wouldnt be a penalty..

Latest posts