What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Archer should be arrested

Y2Eel

First Grade
You need some education it seems. The situations are COMPLETELY different :)

http://wwos.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=814560

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...at-dodgy-penalty/story-e6frexnr-1225782737094

So we have an admittedly incorrect call against the Bulldogs which ultimately cost them 100,000 dollars and a minor premiership, as opposed to a admittedly CORRECT call which, because it was correct, did not cost anyone a Premiership.

Parra fell too far behind. Most Eels fans are cool with it - and have accepted the loss and that Melbourne were the better team.

I would have been so pissed off knowing thank to Steve Clark you guys were robbed of the minor premiership that and one of your match officials cant count...

scottyeel

Bench

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...at-dodgy-penalty/story-e6frexnr-1225782737094

So we have an admittedly incorrect call against the Bulldogs which ultimately cost them 100,000 dollars and a minor premiership, as opposed to a admittedly CORRECT call which, because it was correct, did not cost anyone a Premiership.

Parra fell too far behind. Most Eels fans are cool with it - and have accepted the loss and that Melbourne were the better team.
My point was that 2 decisions went against the Dragons in that game that would have put the it way out of your reach anyway, but you whingers only focused on the 1 that went against the dogs.

dollyhands

Juniors
Thats what annoys me You ask Bill Harrigan about a legs tackle and he says players are ment to get a little longer to hold down..(It gets brought up on talkign sport all the time when he comes on) Refs are ment to call a legs tackle...

I aint to miffed about the call i was just happy about how parra never gave up just like the how they played the season i guess..

Second Slater losing control thanks to the parra players knee wouldnt be a penalty..
You mite say to the letter of the law it's a penalty, but in home and away games you don't want soft stuff like that called let alone a GF. And the knee knockin out the ball could be called a penalty, but would rather it be called a loose carry. either way i don't think it was 'The wosrt call ever made' like some ppl are sayin

Last edited:

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
My point was that 2 decisions went against the Dragons in that game that would have put the it way out of your reach anyway, but you whingers only focused on the 1 that went against the dogs.
You still had 5 minutes to rectify the situation last night. We had 33 seconds, not in possession.

fish eel

Immortal
You still had 5 minutes to rectify the situation last night. We had 33 seconds, not in possession.

Not really, the field goal and restart wiped a bit of time of the clock and in reality, there was not enough time to score twice.

Happy to admit the better side won and say the ref didnt cost us the match (in fact, I'm a bit sick of hearing about it). However, it was a BIG call. A very soft penalty that could have been given plenty of other times in the match but wasn't - and what that penalty did was deny us a *chance* at putting the game into extra time.

fish eel

Immortal

you keep banging on about 5 minutes but consider that the penalty gave storm possession, then back to back possession after the field goal - and tell me we had enough time to score twice?

Apey

Staff member
and robbed the code of a classic GF in the 97 mould, and left us with a laclusture effort with a few big monents.

I keep forgetting Parra were 100% denied a try.

The call was definitely dodgey. And Anderson has confirmed his quality by refusing to whinge about it.

Anderson sounds like a smart guy. I bet it was more of a case of him knowing the game wasn't lost at that point due to that call.

Willow

Assistant Moderator

lol. The whinge of the century.

God-King Dean

Immortal
" But we had no time to make up for it... "

As opposed to Dragons being robbed of a try with our first carry of the ball. But those 6 points aren't as valuable in the 80th minute....

ramble_on

Juniors
First and last post on the subject..... A ref decided the result of the GF... whether a right or wrong call much worse had been let go all game for both sides... the decision at that time decided the match... couldn't care less who won but if I was a Storm supporter I'd feel robbed of a deserved and decisive victory and if I was an Eels supporter I'd feel robbed of a shot at a brilliant late comeback... as an RL supporter I feel robbed period...... I don't give a rat's arse if it was a correct call or not, (debatable anyway), it was not consistent with the majority of calls during the game..... that said congrats to the Storm... the win was most certainly deserved...

Ridders

Coach
Feel robbed?

Storm were by far the better team and if Parra decided to actually turn up for the first half things would have been much closer and maybe we would have gotten that grandstand finish.

Justice was served. The better team won. The End.

Dave Q

Coach
Its time to allow the captain of either side video ref referrals for penalties.

The video ref should be empowered to change any decision at any time.

Archer was clearly incompetent and not up to this standard.

I dont think he was corrupt, just his ususal selfish, muddle-headed, blind self.

As I said, the whole season has been ruined in one foul swoop by a complete idiot.

Parramatta should have a right to apply for a re-match in a court.

The end...not

NRL you are a complete and utter joke.

A team of blind monkeys could referee a game with less mistakes.

Jason Maher

Immortal

Muuuuuuuuuummmmmmmmyyyyyyyyy!!!:cry::cry::cry:

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Don't worry, my Kleenex order is already on it's way :)

elbusto

Coach
Its time to allow the captain of either side video ref referrals for penalties.

The video ref should be empowered to change any decision at any time.

Archer was clearly incompetent and not up to this standard.

I dont think he was corrupt, just his ususal selfish, muddle-headed, blind self.

As I said, the whole season has been ruined in one foul swoop by a complete idiot.

Parramatta should have a right to apply for a re-match in a court.

The end...not

NRL you are a complete and utter joke.

A team of blind monkeys could referee a game with less mistakes.
'Parramatta should have a right to apply for a re-match in a court.'

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Big Pete

Referee
Could Archer's decision be the ultimate form of karma? I mean how many games did Parra receive the rub of the green with the officials? I can at least recall two games where the Eels benefitted from controversy.

Round 3 vs. Canberra

and Round 11 vs. South Sydney where Souths were denied one last oppurtunity.

Eelectrica

Referee
For all we know had Archer not blown the penalty we could have dropped on the first tackle and watched Inglis run away to score the match winning try. Or we may have scored under the posts and forced extra time. Either way it didn't cost parra the game.

Not contesting the bomb Inglis scored off and our poor kicking game was what really cost us. Lowrie had a poor kick towards the end that Hoffman snapped up. We had our chances didn't take them. The storm took theirs game freakin' over.

LazyDreamer

Bench
So we have an admittedly incorrect call against the Bulldogs which ultimately cost them 100,000 dollars and a minor premiership.

Who's to say that if Clark gave the Dogs the round 10 win that they would have been as hungry the following rounds? I'd bet they used that decision as extra motivation for many, many games.

No mate, what cost the Bulldogs the minor premiership was that round 26 loss to the Tigers. End of story.

Mark Rudd

Juniors
Maybe if that Parra player running past hadn't of knocked the ball out of Billy's hands, we wouldn't been talking about this.

Instead we'd be talking about how Moi Moi coat hangered Dallas Johnson with a cheap shot with no penalty and how Greg Inglis was hit late and no penalty.

But hey, we're not.

We're talking how Parra choked and how all their supporters are the biggest whining sooks in the NRL.

Latest posts