What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Archer wins the grand final

cleary89

Coach
:oops:
Simple fact is that without the refs blunders we lead 16-0 at half time and it is a totally different ball game. We know it and Dragons fans know it. Biggest stitch up I have seen since the days of Hartley. The NRL got the result they wanted.

First try obv not a try, second came after a dud call, and the third roosters supporters are claiming it was "only marginally forward".

Good try, almost as bad as the roosters.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
I give them a few more days yet Dalek. As dopey as it is to whinge about the ref like this, they are allowed to have an opinion - regardless of how funny it is to read and how silly they'll feel when they finally sober up.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
Have any rooster players or officials come out and said we waz robbed? Or is just some of their more clueless fans who believe they were ripped off?

skeepe

Immortal
Now this may come as a surprise, but I don't mind the odd whinge about refereeing.

But it's been 8 days. Have the Roosters fans still not woken up to reality? How sad.

SET2JT

Juniors
:oops:

First try obv not a try, second came after a dud call, and the third roosters supporters are claiming it was "only marginally forward".

Good try, almost as bad as the roosters.
The Roosters first try came off a pathetic penalty anyway. Mat Prior should not have been penalized for that tackle on Friend. His arm came up off the ball.

_snafu_

Immortal
To be fair to Cmux, there are small band of sore losers creating hysterics.... mainly for themselves. No doubt he has been swept up by it all.

They say the NRL has been secretly plotting against them for ages now - carefully manipulating the fixtures, the referees and the weather to ensure that we win our 16th premiership, thus bringing about the end of civilisation as we know it.

To compare any of it to the downfall of the Soviet Union is not such a big leap.

;-)

Let's blame it on the Cuban missile crisis...:lol:

Tommy Smith

Referee
Look, there is no doubt that we were ripped by the refs in the first half. And if the GF was still being played im pretty sure we still wouldn't have received a penalty for off-side of intereference in the play the ball.

But...

The fact remains that we still led 8-6 at half-time despite all the horrible calls against us. An amazing effort.

What changed in the 2nd half though was our own performance. We seemed to drop more ball, made very few metres through the forwards and let in some soft tries.

Had we maintained our effort for the full 80 minutes then perhaps we would have won. But we'll never know because as much as Archer and the touchy raped us in the first 40 minutes, we raped ourselves even more in the 2nd 40 minutes...

And there was no way we were going to win by not playing outstanding football for 80 minutes. Not even 75 minutes, let alone 40; because the Dragons are a relentless juggernaut who fight for every inch and in every collision for the entire match.

We couldn't match that. No doubt because we're still abit too young and raw as a team. They on the other hand were at the end of two years hard work which led to their Premiership performance in that 2nd half.

That was the difference in the end. More so than the refs...

Tommy Smith

Referee
The Roosters first try came off a pathetic penalty anyway. Mat Prior should not have been penalized for that tackle on Friend. His arm came up off the ball.
Lol.

That was the only time we looked like receiving a penalty in the first 75 minutes of the match. Don't take that one off us!

It was high. It was a penalty. Certainly more so than when Conn grazed Weymans fat head two feet off the ground before he drove it into the ground and knocked himself out.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
"horrible calls", "raped"

Like sands through the hour glass, these are...

images

Sorry Tommy, I know you mean well.

But the way some of you guys are exaggerating has turned this into one long comedy routine. Give it a few more days.

SET2JT

Juniors
Lol.

That was the only time we looked like receiving a penalty in the first 75 minutes of the match. Don't take that one off us!

It was high. It was a penalty. Certainly more so than when Conn grazed Weymans fat head two feet off the ground before he drove it into the ground and knocked himself out.
Have a look at it again. I'm not trying to be a smart ass but Priors first contact is on the ball.

snoozer

Bench
i'm predicting this thread to be an ongoing affair, lasting years.

i hope so-it's not only providing great entertainment but highlighting some really sad individuals who can't accept the goons winning a premiership.

Dr.J

Juniors
i'm predicting this thread to be an ongoing affair, lasting years.

i hope so-it's not only providing great entertainment but highlighting some really sad individuals who can't accept the goons winning a premiership.

This thread should continue until refereeing standards improve. In the last few years the Roosters have consistently had by far the worse penalty differential of any team. This may be justified, but the standard of refereeing doesn't give supporters any confidence. The Grand Final is the best referees and everyone saw what they came up with - not one or two bad calls but about a dozen that have been seriously questioned. Under the current referee mindset, the Roosters are undisciplined and deserve to give away lots of penalties and only received the meagre odd square up. Most of the time it doesn't change the result of the game so it isn't worth whingeing about.

When you badly lose the arm wrestle in a Grand Final but can see clearly that the refs were part of the arm against you, on the back of a year of bad referee standards and on the back of the Roosters being on the wrong end of the penalty counts for about 5 years, it is worth letting the world know about it until they improve.

Last edited:

WaznTheGreat

Referee
Roosters are just useless chokers who cannot go toe to toe with the Dragons for the full 80 mins

They can toe to toe with the Dragons for 50 odd mins and then sh*t the bed like the useless chokers they are

juanfarkall

Coach
What delusional bullsh*t. You were gifted a GF willow, just take it and stop trying to justify the blatant bias your team received during the contest.

Bloody child.

Chook.

Meh.

A decent gift is wrapped neatly and has a note attached.

juanfarkall

Coach
Simple fact is that without the refs blunders we lead 16-0 at half time and it is a totally different ball game. We know it and Dragons fans know it. Biggest stitch up I have seen since the days of Hartley. The NRL got the result they wanted.

So if the refs had gotten it right, would Carney have had easier conversions ?
Does the 16 - 0 scoreline allow for this ?
You might want to hire an Advertising or Promotions company as none of the Dragons fans I have spoken with know a thing about your claims.

Must have been the first game you have watched since Hartley retired from playing for Manly......
apparently he is part of the radio media these days Rip.....

I would have thought the NRL might have liked the bad boy come good fairytale story.......

guess not

bileduct

Coach
Now this may come as a surprise, but I don't mind the odd whinge about refereeing.

But it's been 8 days. Have the Roosters fans still not woken up to reality? How sad.
There were more objectionable refereeing decisions in the GF than any game that you've almost necked yourself over, week in, week out, on this forum.

You're a f**king nob of the highest order.