What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Are chelsea the new scum club?

Chelski gonski.... LOVING IT!

Where are all the Chelsea scum now? Where's all the talk of a CL dynasty? What did "the Special One" bring to the table tactically today?

fat_mike

Juniors
aqua_duck said:
lol

Did you see Ronaldinho's goal? Made John Terry look like a nuffy :lol:

Is there any doubt that Ronnie is the greatest player in the world?

And to think Real passed him up :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

What about Jose's whinging afterwards, talk about a sore loser. He still won't shut up about the 1st leg. God that guy is annoying

lolo, man he just blew past terry like he wasnt even there. no one was stoppin ronnie with that goal. he was scoring it no matter what.

might have to check out bbc for sour puss mourinho. no class in defeat you little worm

fat_mike

Juniors
just read some of his comments on bbc and they really werent that bad for jose. quite shocked at that really

I'll bare my face here. Not sure of the allegiances of the various posters here, apart from that they are obviously not with Chelsea. Probably Manure supporters.

Chelsea were poor today. Panicked in defence and very tentative in attack. The Nou Camp is an intimidating place and Ronaldhino was a class above everyone else on the park. Some awesome touches to set others up and the goal was pure class. Can't understand some of Mourinho's decisions either and there was really no way we were going to score (let alone win by) the two goals we needed.

Barcelona throughly deserved the win and it's hard to see anyone getting in their way of winning the Champions League.

HevyDevy

Coach
Craig Foster ripped into Chelski this morning. Interesting stuff. He said Mourinho must earn the ire of his chairman for a lack of creativity, for poor managerial decisions in terms of the players he has brought to the club and for going to Barcelona with a defensive formation when they needed to score at least two goals.

It makes you wonder whether he has has put together a world class side or merely one capable of beating the best of the British.

Either way, it's always a pleasure to see them crash out. Let's hope the Gunners join them in oblivion tomorrow.

And yes, Ronaldinho is a freak.

Eddie.

Bench
hybrid_tiger said:
Chelsea - 4-5-1 when they need to score twice.

LOL.

Strange Wasn't it.

I knew he would start with bloody Drogba. I know Drogba has this "physical presence" that his supporters always refer back to, but i cringe every time he is on the team sheet. Chelsea resort to bombing long balls to the clumsy Drogba, who usually concedes a foul or his first touch goes wrong.

A club that has unlimited financial circumstances should not have to throw bloody Robert Huth up front when in search of a goal in the CL, 2 years in a row!.

I think Mourinho has done an outstanding job however Chelsea have put in some "strange" performances in going out last season at liverpool and here at the Nou Camp.

Back on the buying of players. its an interesting one when you look at it. The players Mourinho has bought

Kezman
Jarosik
Del Horno
Ferreria
Carvaliho
Maniche
Wright-Phillips
Drogba
Essien

Out of that lot i would say that Essien has been the only really successful buy. Carvaliho and Ferreria hold their own. otherwise there have been some flops in their. I know he doesnt like "Galactico's" but he doesnt have to like mediocre players either.

The Spine of the team remains players signed by Claudio. Cech, Terry, Makalele, Cole, Lampard, Robben, Crespo. Im not for one minute suggesting Claudio was a better manager, he certainly was not, but it is interesting when looking at the signings.

Bumble

First Grade
Robben was a Mourinho signing wasn't he?

Either way, glad to see them gone and looking forward to one of my 2 teams (PSV or Barca) winning the CL!

sunny

Lyon will put PSV out tommorrow.

One bloke who has really gone to sh*t since signing with Chelsea is Wright-Phillips.

aqua_duck

Coach
the problem with Chelsea anbd Mourinho is he spends all his money stockpiling players, instead of buying a player who will lock down a position.

He spent 20 mil on SWP, he's hardly played, with that sort of money maybe a few mil extra he could've got someone like Joaquin, who'd lock down a position on the right flank. Also Drogba, self proclaimed best player in africa, lol, I think the only people who believe in Drogba's hype are drogba himself and Jose.
But also to think that Drogba cost chelsea almost as much as Ronaldinho cost Barca

Raider Ultra

Bench
Yes, its quite hilarious. Drogba is a fat lump whose main role is to knock down the endless long balls pumped to him. Chelsea are a boring, souless club, and not even deserving of being mentioned in the same breath as Barca. I'm starting to hate Chelsea more than Man U, and that's saying something.

hybrid_tiger

Coach
Chelsea play sh1te, boring, negative football. 7 Butchers, 2 wingers, 1 striker.

They close opposition ball carriers quickly with physical and aggressive pressing, win the ball, get it to the wingers and counter at pace. It works a treat in the premiership, but on the continent where the top sides can maintain possession even under pressure, e.g. Barca, it achieves f**k all.

Chelsea play unattractive football and still lack real talent; all Mourinho's tramsfers have been unimpressive. He'll be gone soon...

Macca_

Coach
HevyDevy said:
Either way, it's always a pleasure to see them crash out. Let's hope the Gunners join them in oblivion tomorrow.
Unfortunately they couldn't provide the goods for you...

Liverpool went out without even a glimour of a whimper loosing 2-0 at home. Gotta be happy with that... :lol:

HevyDevy

Coach
Yeah thrilled. I feared that might happen.

Ronaldo looks like a fat slob again doesn't he?

I'm a bit worried about Henry's form coming into this weekend's big clash. he's starting to look very good again. I'm confident that our midfield can outplay yours but whether or not we can stick one in the back of the net is another question altogether.

When was the last time Morientes scored? It's getting ridiculous!!

fat_mike

Juniors
disgraceful from liverpool this morning. FFS get rid of the over paid hacks upfront. clear chances to take control of the game and the donkeys cant convert. morientes is proving to be one of the worst buys.

disappointing big time.

Eddie.

Bench
hybrid_tiger said:
Chelsea play sh1te, boring, negative football. 7 Butchers, 2 wingers, 1 striker.

They close opposition ball carriers quickly with physical and aggressive pressing, win the ball, get it to the wingers and counter at pace. It works a treat in the premiership, but on the continent where the top sides can maintain possession even under pressure, e.g. Barca, it achieves f**k all.

Chelsea play unattractive football and still lack real talent; all Mourinho's tramsfers have been unimpressive. He'll be gone soon...

I don't think Mourinho will be gone soon, unless your saying he will leave. I don't think he would be sacked.

Unless i am mistaken Chelsea beat Barca last season. Whilst Barca deserve to go through this season here is a run down. In terms of attractivness their is much difference between the teams, but i would not say Chelsea's style acheives bugger all.

Over the 4 legs.

10 v 11 - Barca 4-1

11 v 11 - Chelsea 6-3

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
hybrid_tiger said:

How do you explain the current Arsenal side looking infinitely better in Europe than the geniused performances we've been serving up in England?

(this is actually a serious question where I am bowing to your superior knowledge and not a dig)

Latest posts