What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Are chelsea the new scum club?

Eddie.

Bench
Chelsea were made to fight all the way for their place in the record books after a 1-0 victory at Blackburn which owed everything to their Czech keeper Petr Cech.
Arjen Robben may have scored the goal which saw Jose Mourinho's side stretch the gap at the top to 11 points but it was Cech, who brilliantly saved a Paul Dickov penalty, who emerged as Chelsea's key man.
This was Chelsea's eighth consecutive league win - all with clean sheets - and Cech has now gone 781 minutes without conceding a goal, surpassing Peter Schmeichel's 1997 mark of 694 minutes.
Not since Arsenal drew 2-2 on December 12 have their defence been breached in the Premiership - and not since then have an opposing side caused them so many problems.
Blackburn manager Mark Hughes has bought well in the transfer window and his side, allied to their combative approach, proved doughty competitors.
Rovers are, statistically at least, the dirtiest side in the Premiership with the most fouls, the most red cards (five) and the most yellow (48) of any club in the top flight and Chelsea were taken back by their physical approach.
Aaron Mokoena, playing in a holding role in midfield, ended Robben's match after 11 minutes - the Dutch winger limping off with a bruised foot after a clash with the South African.
Robben had done his work by then but without him and the injured Didier Drogba the visitors looked a touch lightweight, especially in attack.
During the brief time Robben was on the field Chelsea looked in control. Former Rovers winger Damien Duff left Dominic Matteo for dead in the first minute after an exquisite dummy and turn, but Mokoena stood tall for Blackburn and cleared the cross.
There was a flicker of hope for the home side when Dickov picked up possession 25 yards from goal but Claude Makelele's block took the sting out of his strike and Cech was able to gather - and claim that record from Schmeichel.
With less than five minutes gone Chelsea asserted their supremacy. Frank Lampard found Robben on the left flank and the Dutchman left Lucas Neill chasing his shadow before rifling a terrific shot low across Brad Friedel to make it 1-0.
Duff kept up the pressure with a long-range shot which swerved but was still comfortable for Friedel but Blackburn did not fold and Robbie Savage had a decent claim that he was pushed in the area by William Gallas.
Mokoena's fierce rising drive from 30 yards only just cleared the crossbar, before Andy Todd came mighty close to breaching that invincible goal with a powerful downward header from Savage's corner which bounced past an unguarded post.
Savage should have done even better when Dickov chested Morten Pedersen's long-throw towards him but skied his effort.
Blackburn were forcing Chelsea into some uncharacteristic mistakes and from one misplaced pass the Wales midfielder sent the ball whistling past the angle.
Chelsea had been warned, and only Cech's brilliance kept them in front. Savage won a penalty when he ran on to Dickov's backheel and had his ankles clipped by Paulo Ferreira.
Referee Uriah Rennie's decision looked spot on but Cech kept his record going, the Czech using all of his 6ft 5in frame to dive to his left to thwart Dickov, then bravely seizing the loose ball to prevent the combative Scot following up.
John Terry lost his temper with Dickov when the striker went diving in again at Cech's feet and an ugly little fracas developed and Terry was fortunate that someone more card-happy that Rennie was not in charge.
Todd won another header at another Savage corner soon after the second half kicked off but this time he was unable to find any direction.
David Thompson then tried an outlandish volley from 30 yards which soared several yards wide.
By the hour-mark it had become apparent Chelsea had been told to match Blackburn's fire with fire and Terry went into Rennie's notebook for tangling once too often with Dickov.
At the same time, Chelsea had retreated into their shell and when they did poke their head out, it was not to great effect as Joe Cole sliced wide from 20 yards.
Dickov earned his own yellow card for persistent misconduct then Lampard, having one of his quietest matches of the season, saw his direct free-kick deflected wide off one of his own players.
Gudjohnsen flicked a volley narrowly wide as Friedel came out of goal, then Ryan Nelsen, who had an outstanding game at centre-back, was alert to see off the same player when he threatened once more.
Dickov could have made up for his penalty miss when the way to goal opened up for him but he did not strike his shot cleanly and Cech was not properly tested.
Lucas Neill sliced wide as injury time approached and - after another unseemly mass melee after Claude Makelele had knocked over Pedersen - Chelsea held on for victory.

MONY

Juniors
well done Eddie.... you have demonstrated just how much of a dickhead you are....

In relation to the topic yes Chelsea are the new scum club....
Everything that goes against Chelsea, the players whinge, Moronho whinges and its always the refs fault, or the ball was egg shaped or the fans or whatever..... The day Moronho moves on the whole of England will rejoice....

John Terry and Frank Lampard are the only two guys in that team who are worthy footballers..... decent blokes and very good players...very rare these days.

Stop criticising other teams (Blackburn) just because you cant face the facts that Chelsea are dispised by EVERYONE...

Move on dipsh*t :arrow:

Eddie.

Bench
MONY said:
well done Eddie.... you have demonstrated just how much of a dickhead you are....

In relation to the topic yes Chelsea are the new scum club....
Everything that goes against Chelsea, the players whinge, Moronho whinges and its always the refs fault, or the ball was egg shaped or the fans or whatever..... The day Moronho moves on the whole of England will rejoice....

John Terry and Frank Lampard are the only two guys in that team who are worthy footballers..... decent blokes and very good players...very rare these days.

Stop criticising other teams (Blackburn) just because you cant face the facts that Chelsea are dispised by EVERYONE...

Move on dipsh*t :arrow:

Only two worthy footballers, LOL, Claude Makalele??, Hernan Crespo??, Eidur Gudjohnson??, Joe Cole??. There not decent blokes or decent players are they Mony, you know them all do you mate??

Where did i dispute that Chelsea are hated by just about everyone??

I simply said it was a bit rich for a Blackburn fan whos team are the biggest hack artists in the premiership.

I love how Man U and Arse dominated for years and it was considered ok, and the premiership exciting. Now, heaven forbid Chelsea are having a couple of years at the top and its so unfair and the premiership is so boring - LOL. I love seeing the dumbfounded looks on Wenger and ferguson's faces knowing they all of a sudden are second rate.

MONY

Juniors
second rate, Arsenal are still in Europe and have some amazing youngsters.... Arsenal don't need to buy a premiership, didnt they go 49 games unbeaten with a side that didnt cost 460 billion dollars

If say Porto went and bought $400 million worth of players im sure they would win it easily and the Superliga would become "boring"

juggalo_strit

Juniors
Your highlighted comments make me laugh......

his side, allied to their combative approach, proved doughty competitors.
Rovers are, statistically at least, the dirtiest side in the Premiership with the most fouls, the most red cards (five) and the most yellow (48) of any club.

They're saying statistically at least....my understanding of that is the team is hard done by, by the refs in these occasions.

Aaron Mokoena, playing in a holding role in midfield, ended Robben's match after 11 minutes - the Dutch winger limping off with a bruised foot after a clash with the South African.

Where does it say he illegally tackled Robben by causing the injury. Have you ever watched a game when there is a legal tackle and a player comes out with an injury......

John Terry lost his temper with Dickov when the striker went diving in again at Cech's feet

It was Terry who lost his temper. In the previous sentence it mentions that "Dickov went for a loose ball". He's done nothing wrong....well apart from going for a loose ball with the keeper!!!!

Dickov earned his own yellow card for persistent misconduct

Dickov is a brat to all defences and officials. He was giving it to the officials all day and eventually got himself into the book for doing so.

All this crap that you write Eddie shows how much of a know you are. You don't watch any games just look at the match reports for what happened in the game.

juggalo_strit

Juniors
You've once again mentioned that Blackburn are the biggest hackers in the league.....how do you know this?????
Do you watch every single game of theres.

Stop coming to conclusions from the medias comments and any other persons for that matter. Watch a few of there games then let me know.

aqua_duck

Coach
Eddie. said:
I wonder if it will be like the last game the 2 sides played at Ewood Park??

Where Blackburn made every attempt to kick Chelsea off the Pitch. I remember robben being hacked and getting a broken ankle.
Is that where Mourinho got his game plan from for the 1st leg champions league tie Vs Barca?

Eddie.

Bench
juggalo_strit said:
Your highlighted comments make me laugh......

his side, allied to their combative approach, proved doughty competitors.
Rovers are, statistically at least, the dirtiest side in the Premiership with the most fouls, the most red cards (five) and the most yellow (48) of any club.

They're saying statistically at least....my understanding of that is the team is hard done by, by the refs in these occasions.

Where does it say he illegally tackled Robben by causing the injury. Have you ever watched a game when there is a legal tackle and a player comes out with an injury......

John Terry lost his temper with Dickov when the striker went diving in again at Cech's feet

It was Terry who lost his temper. In the previous sentence it mentions that "Dickov went for a loose ball". He's done nothing wrong....well apart from going for a loose ball with the keeper!!!!

Dickov earned his own yellow card for persistent misconduct

Dickov is a brat to all defences and officials. He was giving it to the officials all day and eventually got himself into the book for doing so.

All this crap that you write Eddie shows how much of a know you are. You don't watch any games just look at the match reports for what happened in the game.

Fool!!

I watched the full 90 minutes of that game and the tackle On Robben was a very ordinary one. This was backed up by the match commentators.

Dickov slide in well after cech had dived on the ball. Again it was a very ordinary challange.

Just like Gallas tackle on the weekend was a very ordinary one.

it appears you are the one that did not watch the match.

juggalo_strit

Juniors
I did watch this match.

How can you honestly say that you can remember all these things happening.
The only thing i can remeber is that we were desperately unlucky to lose and that Jose was whinging about things that were way over the mark.
The game was a year ago how can you remember these things in such details.

You must have a great memory.

juggalo_strit

Juniors
Eddie,

I'm intrigued to find out your thoughts on todays game. I taped it and will watch it tonight. I've read in a few reports that Chelsea took a few dives and were a bit relentless in a few tackles. After all this childish arguing i would like to find out your thoughts before i watch the game so i can try to see what your seeing. Please don't be so one eyed this time please.

Eddie.

Bench
I Didn't see the first 30 minutes. Saw the rest of the game.

SWP took a dive and the Newcastle player was wrongly sent off.

Other than that Chelsea dominated against a pretty ordinary side. Could of been 3 or 4 with newcastle creating little going forward.

Drogba collects a brace, including a 'hand of God' one in the 2-0 defeat of Manchester City overnight. Good win to Liverpool as well, given the first half red card to Gerrard.

Bumble

First Grade
Drogba is the biggest scumbag in the EPL, along with Robbie Savage.

Disgraceful performance today, diving all over the place and scoring with a handball in the leadup.

And he had the audacity to point to the fair play badge on his arm after his first goal! True twat of the game.

juggalo_strit

Juniors
I'd like to bring this back up to the top.

Eddie,

What did you think of the game on the weekend against West Ham.
Well apart from the fact that they blew the hammers off the park.
Maniches terrible tackle and Robbens dive which led to the free kick which Gallas scored from.

An A++ for the footballing display but a D- for professionalism in my report card!!

Eddie.

Bench
juggalo_strit said:
I'd like to bring this back up to the top.

Eddie,

What did you think of the game on the weekend against West Ham.
Well apart from the fact that they blew the hammers off the park.
Maniches terrible tackle and Robbens dive which led to the free kick which Gallas scored from.

An A++ for the footballing display but a D- for professionalism in my report card!!

Maniche is not a Chelsea player, he is a myth, i couldn't care less about him. By losing him Chelsea were advantaged.

Yep, Robben dives, and guess what, he is not the only player in world football who does? Reyes anyone? Pires? Even Gerrard does. I don't agree with it and it is not a good look.

Also did you see the West ham player take a look at the ref before rolling around like his head had been cut off after Maniche's tackle?

juggalo_strit

Juniors
Yes, Robben isn't the only player that takes dives, but he is the most regular at doing it.

I did see the Hammer player rolling around clutching his head, wasn't good but it didn't hinge on the refs result he went straight over and gave a red.

Dragooner

Bench
Chelsea are scum and they always will be!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!