What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Are mormons the hottest property on the market?

KHunt

Juniors
Last few years in the NRL we have seen a rise in the number of mormons playing.. are clubs going to pay top dollar to get these playing for their club, knowing theirs a 99% chance they wont get up to trouble?

Brisbane Broncos did well this year signing Folau and Setu, both mormons and tried hard to keep Hannant but couldn't keep him. Bulldogs in particular would be very happy with the signing of Hannant.

Will clubs pay over the top to sign mormons?

I watched this documentary last night about this Utah Mormon family and their fundamentalist beliefs.

This guy had 6 wives and 26 kids. Dude was pimpin like he was on some Egyptian Pharoah sh*t.

I bet that's why Izzy & Krissy took up the religion...

Cloud9

I think the Bulldogs and Sharks should acquire some Mormons. The Mormon brand is squeeky clean and wholesome - great for marketing at families.

Red Bear

Referee
wonder if they wear their magic underpants during games...
:lol:f**king mormons, they came up to speak to me at uni a couple of weeks ago, you try being diplomatic, im like look im an athiest but i dont care what others practice and thy keep talking to you! Just get the f**king message and leave me alone.
Still, reminds me of a classic episode of south parke

Joseph smith, dum de dum

boris_badenov

Juniors
I think the Bulldogs and Sharks should acquire some Mormons. The Mormon brand is squeeky clean and wholesome - great for marketing at families.

they already have them in

Fraser Anderson

&

Ben Hannant

devout mormons can also be a problem for sporting teams ... 8 members of a gold coast rugby team sat out their semi final last year because it was played on a sunday ...

http://www.goldcoast.com.au/article/2007/09/10/2557_gold-coast-feature.html

Eight absent Mormons left the Hogs without a prayer

10Sep07

THE Helensvale Hogs had every reason to believe the gods were against them yesterday.

With eight devout Mormons sitting out the club's Rugby Gold Coast semi-final because of their religious beliefs, the Hogs didn't have a prayer, and were soundly beaten 23-3 by Palm Beach-Currumbin in the sudden-death match at Ashmore.

The club's reserve grade team, also missing five Mormon players, was also beaten by the Alleygators.

But there could still be some divine intervention for the Hogs, with claims that Palm Beach fielded ineligible players.

Helensvale secretary Michael Kinsella, who was forced to act as caretaker coach yesterday because of the Mormon exodus, said they would consider fronting Rugby Gold Coast with allegations that at least two of the Alleygators should not have been allowed to play.

That would open the way for the team to play again this season.
With so many of their first-choice players missing, it was always going to be a difficult assignment for the Hogs, but they battled on bravely, trailing 9-3 with 20 minutes to go before two late tries sealed the win for Palm Beach.

Mr Kinsella said he was proud of the club and of the spirit shown by the replacements who played in yesterday's match.

"They showed a lot of guts," he said.

"The controversy certainly had a detrimental effect on us, but the boys we had out there gave it 100 per cent."

He said there was no ill-feeling towards the players who stuck by their Mormon faith rather than turn out for a such an important game.

"We are a family club and we certainly respect each other's beliefs," he said.

Inside centre Kai Pheeney said the players stood by their absent teammates.

"It was totally up to them," he said.

"It is their religion and we fully understand that they won't play on Sundays."

Mr Kinsella said there was talk of the association changing the rules next year to play all matches on Saturdays, the traditional day for rugby union games.

-----------

Red Bear

Referee
they already have them in

Fraser Anderson

&

Ben Hannant

devout mormons can also be a problem for sporting teams ... 8 members of a gold coast rugby team sat out their semi final last year because it was played on a sunday ...

http://www.goldcoast.com.au/article/2007/09/10/2557_gold-coast-feature.html

Eight absent Mormons left the Hogs without a prayer

10Sep07

THE Helensvale Hogs had every reason to believe the gods were against them yesterday.

With eight devout Mormons sitting out the club's Rugby Gold Coast semi-final because of their religious beliefs, the Hogs didn't have a prayer, and were soundly beaten 23-3 by Palm Beach-Currumbin in the sudden-death match at Ashmore.

The club's reserve grade team, also missing five Mormon players, was also beaten by the Alleygators.

But there could still be some divine intervention for the Hogs, with claims that Palm Beach fielded ineligible players.

Helensvale secretary Michael Kinsella, who was forced to act as caretaker coach yesterday because of the Mormon exodus, said they would consider fronting Rugby Gold Coast with allegations that at least two of the Alleygators should not have been allowed to play.

That would open the way for the team to play again this season.
With so many of their first-choice players missing, it was always going to be a difficult assignment for the Hogs, but they battled on bravely, trailing 9-3 with 20 minutes to go before two late tries sealed the win for Palm Beach.

Mr Kinsella said he was proud of the club and of the spirit shown by the replacements who played in yesterday's match.

"They showed a lot of guts," he said.

"The controversy certainly had a detrimental effect on us, but the boys we had out there gave it 100 per cent."

He said there was no ill-feeling towards the players who stuck by their Mormon faith rather than turn out for a such an important game.

"We are a family club and we certainly respect each other's beliefs," he said.

Inside centre Kai Pheeney said the players stood by their absent teammates.

"It was totally up to them," he said.

"It is their religion and we fully understand that they won't play on Sundays."

Mr Kinsella said there was talk of the association changing the rules next year to play all matches on Saturdays, the traditional day for rugby union games.

-----------
oh my f**king god, queenslanders are morons

sydraider

First Grade
One of my good mates is a mormon, never drank or smoke in his life, however he has almost lost his marriage twice to cheating.

BIKER_DRAGON

Juniors
Brother Elder and Elder brother were demons out there on the streets of Sydney on there deadly treadlies. Saw A great movie the other day about a Mormon it was called Orgasmo

CHECK IT OUT BLOODY GOOD LAUGH

http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=5NAtt1bhzN4

Orgazmo_film.jpg

StormChaser

First Grade
I got two of the lads to carry my bags home from shopping one day. Bless 'em!! Little did they know one bag contained a certain item that would have made them evil sinners for being in the mere presence of it!

I like to think I corrupted them in some small way. :lol:

Latest posts