What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Are NRL fans also International RL fans? Who is going to the tri-nations?

Evergreen

Juniors
I'm very keen on International football.

If I wasn't going to make a weekend of the GF, I'd be going to watch Aus v NZ in Sydney.

I missed most of the live Tri-Nations games last year, mainly because I was too busy getting on the p!ss and falling asleep just before they started, however each game was taped (including GB vs NZ) and watched the next day.

It doesn't quite feel the same as getting up to watch the old tours in '90 and '94 (which were full of Raiders players), but the standard of the games is increasing and I believe that Australia will lose a Tri-Nations series within the next 3-5 years. Once that happens, the popularity of international footy will increase ten-fold.

MightySharks

Bench
Charlie Saab said:
you should sell it...sharks wont be there!

I have a broader view on league than that pity you don't. I go everyear, it is always a good day regardless of who plays.

Evergreen

Juniors
Oh, and contrary to Pav's post earlier, Tri-Nations to me is a gift that prolongs the football season and stifles the impending boredom that another long cricket season will bring upon us.

Misty Bee

First Grade
Charles ain't going, because he remembers how much it hurt the last time he went to a big game (SOO 3 2005).

He wouldn't handle Parra's flogging of brisbane :)

Mr Saab

Referee
Misty Bee said:
Charles ain't going, because he remembers how much it hurt the last time he went to a big game (SOO 3 2005).

He wouldn't handle Parra's flogging of brisbane :)

hahah...my team doesnt choke on GF day...unlike the Eels of 2001!
When was the last time the broncos lost the Grand Final? hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm :lol:

Mr Saab

Referee
MightySharks said:
I have a broader view on league than that pity you don't. I go everyear, it is always a good day regardless of who plays.

someone is a little sensitive.

aussies1st

Staff member
For me any Aus team playing an international game will have my support. Its always good to see our side beating the British and Kiwis

Lantana

Juniors
I've heard really bad things about ticket sales from an associuate who works at the NRL. I don't want to name him, but I would welcome differing news from somebody else opn trhese boards who is involved in International Rugby League..... yakstorm?
You seem to have a fairly good knowledge of what is going on. Anything?

Copa

Bench
Lantana said:
I've heard really bad things about ticket sales from an associuate who works at the NRL. I don't want to name him, but I would welcome differing news from somebody else opn trhese boards who is involved in International Rugby League..... yakstorm?
You seem to have a fairly good knowledge of what is going on. Anything?
Someone on this forum said they got their ticket the other day and the PAX was in the 2000 range.

Striker

Juniors
I love international Rugby League. Unfortunately my location gives me limited opportunities to go to a game. I have purchased my tickets to the grand final this year and I also went to the Broncos v Cowboys match in round 1 so my travel budget for Rugby League is all spent up. However I would really like to see an international game live.

Adding to the importance of International Rugby League, it might help if Channel 9 showed the games live when they are in Australia or New Zealand. Only the afternoon New Zealand kick offs get shown live.

Mr Saab

Referee
what has that got to do with this thread?
as a moderator i thought you would know better than to hijack threads

fourplay

Juniors
YEP !!! I would love to see Benji and SBW in the same team. When the kiwis have a big aggressive pack like they did years ago they go looking for the big hits and it can get fiery like an origin game.

I love seeing the British try and finally get over the kangaroos aswell but it never happens. Being a SL fan aswell with british background yeap I really like the tri-nations.

bluesbreaker

Bench
Charlie Saab said:
awwww poor roosters.
Go thru one bad yr and rep football is the bad guy.
Look at the broncos the past 2 yrs and see what rep football has done to them.
Dont see me or other broncos fans whinging about rep football. :roll:

That's ok, you always find something to whinge about anyways.

bluesbreaker

Bench
I like Internationals, I like club football, I like Origin the best though :D!!! Don't understand all this crap over Joey missing a Tri-Nations game either.

hutch

First Grade
as much as i love my tigers, i love internationals the most. i think there is so much potential, which has not been fulfilled. cant wait til the 2008 world cup.

~bedsy~

First Grade
I would love to go to Tri-Nations match... I just don't have the money... it would be better and easier if they played one in Australia, then I would be there.