What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Are NRL fans also International RL fans? Who is going to the tri-nations?

Sun_Down

Juniors
fourplay said:
I love seeing the British try and finally get over the kangaroos aswell but it never happens.

GB beat Australia 24-12 last year dude.

Back to the thread, Iam kind of shocked at the amount of people who could not give a sh*t about it. You guys should really give it a go, just one go! Especially those in Sydney! Why not go along with Diehards Mob? Seriously guys, give it a go!

iggy plop

First Grade
I think the NRL missed a perfect opportunity to give international league a boost by not reducing the amount of rounds to 22. Had they done that, we could have enjoyed a Tri Nations series every two years without players complaining about too much footy. We could have also seen the return of 3 match trans tasman series' during the regular season.

I'm a big fan of international league, but would love to see more of it during our regular season. It can only get better if France improve.

More international footy the better and people who don't care for it, don't really care for the growth of the game.

Copa

Bench
~bedsy~ said:
I would love to go to Tri-Nations match... I just don't have the money... it would be better and easier if they played one in Australia, then I would be there.
The game is at Telstra stadium in October.

Moffo

Referee
geez there are some stupid comments in this thread

international league is the best potential area for growth in our game. The WC is 2 years away, if we get a farcical crowd to this game its going to be laughable

Get the f**k out and support Australian rugby league

DIEHARD

----
I think it is obvious what I think about the Kangaroos and the international game. ;-)

Pigskin

Juniors
international rugby league is non-existent in my mind

all it does is gets in the way of the players being fully prepared for the club competition = vastly more important in my eyes

Oink !

Mr Saab

Referee
bluesbreaker said:
That's ok, you always find something to whinge about anyways.

this is a league forum...not a bunch of grandmothers having tea and scones talking about their lovely grand children!!

DIEHARD

----
I love International footy and believe it may be less of a spectacle than Origin currently but firmly believe that it has far more potential.

Copa

Bench
DIEHARD said:
I love International footy and believe it may be less of a spectacle than Origin currently but firmly believe that it has far more potential.
Agree... internatioanl RL has far more potential than SoO.

Thomas

First Grade
Yep....how can SOO be the pinnacle of the game when people in GB and NZ don't give a stuff if NSW or Qld win.

International RL has so much potential, its not funny.

DIEHARD

----
Reflect to that late 70s.

Interstate football had less future, less support from players and fans and far less corporate support than what international footy currently enjoys.

Also Queenslanders got thrashed for 80 years and we bounced back, so I don't see why New Zealand and Great Britain should give up!

WE DIDN'T!

lockyno1

Post Whore
I like watching Australia play but when you know the result 99 times out of 100 would you go out to it and waste $100 plus on a night. I probally would not. SOO on the other hand you know you are going to get a great game regardless of the result. It is not that I don't like Internationals, but the chance of GB/NZ beating Australia with their sides is slim to say the least. I hate predicatble results. At least if I watch it on TV, I can turn it off after 40 minutes if it is a thrashing!

~bedsy~

First Grade
Copa said:
The game is at Telstra stadium in October.
I'll be there. I have my tix now.
I'm taking my friend who has been overseas for the Air Force and hasn't seen a game of footy in 3 months.

Copa

Bench
lockyno1 said:
I like watching Australia play but when you know the result 99 times out of 100 would you go out to it and waste $100 plus on a night. I probally would not. SOO on the other hand you know you are going to get a great game regardless of the result. It is not that I don't like Internationals, but the chance of GB/NZ beating Australia with their sides is slim to say the least. I hate predicatble results. At least if I watch it on TV, I can turn it off after 40 minutes if it is a thrashing!
The tickets are $20 to $60 each. Last year game 1 was a draw.

Copa

Bench
~bedsy~ said:
I'll be there. I have my tix now.
I'm taking my friend who has been overseas for the Air Force and hasn't seen a game of footy in 3 months.
Good stuff!