What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Are NRL fans also International RL fans? Who is going to the tri-nations?

Misty Bee

First Grade
Aukmel, I'm sure you will be waiting for a hell of a long time before the NRL announces anything to do with international league. Try seeking medial releases from either the NZRL or ARL.

Besides, I can asure you that 17 kiwis will wear the black and white. Probably a few will play for Australia as well ;-)

On another note, I can't fathom so-called League fans ignoring international league, but will argue to the death some irrellevant point about an insignificant game in the middle of an NRL season between 2 cellar dwellers.

Ditching test League for cricket is like dropping Paris Hilton for Helen Clarke and a kilo of sausages. Cricket is the only sport that makes Union seem fast. Impotent men can sucessfully procreate between deliveries in cricket. The term 'over' is so named because it is usually preceeded by the words "Thank christ that's". The term 'delivery' is so named because Australia Post could do it quicker. In fact, the most quickest thing about Test Cricket is the speed of the grass growing during a match.

League, whatever the form, is superior to any other sporting contest. Therefore, the tri nations dwarfs everything else, until the trials start up. IN between we have Christmas, New Years piss up, and the Australia Day barbie, and a string of insignificant pissant sports that would not see the light of day during the footy season.

coldhardbitch

Juniors
I cannot wait for the Tri-Nations. full live coverage of all australias Tri-Nations matches on 9 (and the final), and both NZ v Britain matches on Fox. Hopefully they televise the Aus v France match on Fox too.

My tip: Britain to win the Tri-Nations this year and break a 30+ year hoodoo

hutch

First Grade
Misty Bee said:
Besides, I can asure you that 17 kiwis will wear the black and white. Probably a few will play for Australia as well ;-)

are you serious? nathan and jason cayless, richard swain, brent webb, tony puletua, frank pritchard, dene halatau are all either aussie born or raised and have come through the aussie junior system who have played for new zealand. hald of the kiwi team have aussie accents. name on kangaroo who grew up in new zealand, or has a kiwi accent? and dont start on carroll or thorn, both raised in oz, and who have come through the junior system.

Sun_Down

Juniors
coldhardbitch said:
I cannot wait for the Tri-Nations. full live coverage of all australias Tri-Nations matches on 9 (and the final), and both NZ v Britain matches on Fox. Hopefully they televise the Aus v France match on Fox too.

My tip: Britain to win the Tri-Nations this year and break a 30+ year hoodoo

Ah coldhardbitch, thats quite a statement! But I agree they could win it, just depends if they show up at every match...

Calixte

First Grade
If this test doesn't draw 50,000 it will be an indictment on the NRL clubs.

They know who they are...

Moffo

Referee
PAX?

hello arl? i sent an email to them yesterday to see if anyone is awake at RL HQ trying to fire them up

In-goal

Bench
I like watching Australia play but when you know the result 99 times out of 100 would you go out to it and waste $100 plus on a night. I probally would not. SOO on the other hand you know you are going to get a great game regardless of the result. It is not that I don't like Internationals, but the chance of GB/NZ beating Australia with their sides is slim to say the least. I hate predicatble results. At least if I watch it on TV, I can turn it off after 40 minutes if it is a thrashing!

How many seasons has it been since qld won SOO series, and i don't mean drawn it

In-goal

Bench
so they haven''t won a series in 4 seasons, surley they must be getting worried?

If NSW can have a fit Johns for the next 2 season then i'm affraid of what might happen to this supposed pinacle of the game.

ali

Bench
jed said:
PAX number update: 21357

So this doesn't include the 5000 junior tickets that were sold? Throw in members and we are now approaching 30000. I think we need 40000 for it to be a respectable crowd.

lockyno1

Post Whore
It will come down to how many members go to the game. I am not going becuase I am at the cricket all day and I just won't have the money to do it.