What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Are The Cowboys Any Chance?

Rovelli

Bench
Overrated team really. Look at the team and they should be doing far better. You wouldn't write them off, but they can only afford 2 losses, 3 at max from their last 11 matches.

Talanexor

Juniors
We've got a good roster on paper and should be doing a lot better than we are at the moment.

But we've had injuries to key personnel all year and Henry has persisted with players even when they plain weren't up to it.

We started the year with Ty Williams, John Williams, Michael Bani, Steve Southern, Carl Webb, Antonio Kaufusi, Grant Rovelli and Manase Manuokafoa in the side. No team can carry so many sh*t players and win.

Paullyboy

Coach
Their sh*t what?

Their sh*t rides on buses? Their sh*t has a second job posing as food at McDonalds? Their sh*t doesn't stink? Their sh*t is currently "allegedly" selecting the NSW team?

Well, which one is it?

I enjoyed this post

Didgi

Ah... Feel the love...

Seriously, the excellent players we have on roster are more than balanced by the sh*t deadweight players scattered through the outside backs and forwards.

Ronnie Dobbs

Coach
I'm a huge fan yet I am continually frustrated at our lack of success in spite of the roster we have. Last night was a good result but I'm not yet convinced that they are any chance to make the 8.

The best thing that came out of it - but I doubt it will happen - is the discovery of Thurston's halves partner and best combination for us:

9. Payne
7/6. Thurston/Bowen
1. Gallant

14. Watts

Your roster is overrated. Names don't win games. The Cowboys problems have always been that they are far more about style than they are about substance. Newcastle wer the same for years too & now they're struggling badly as well.

Cowboys need to work hard to turn around their issues, but I don't thnk they have it in the to do so. The place needs a broom put through it.

Newcastle Cow

Live Update Team
we need to win something like 9 of our last 12 or something now I think. Even though last night was a scrappy game we where missing our (debatable) two best backs in tonga and thurston and (debatable) our two best forwards in Scott and O'Donnell we still managed to scrape a win agaisnt an injury and origin depleted raiders. We still have a bye to come and weirder things have happened so dont write us of just yet.

Tonga and Thurston debatable as our best backs? No
Scott and O'Donnell debatable as our best forwards? definately

Talanexor

Juniors
We started with a pair of sh*t wingers who couldn't catch, tackle or finish off tries, hell they were lucky if they could hold onto the ball. It doesn't matter how good the rest of your team is if you concede points every time the other team puts a bomb up.

We also had a whole bunch of forwards who just aren't good enough for first grade. Our side against the Raiders was VERY different to the one that started the year.

The only good thing about our side is that we are creating a lot of chances in attack - if we finish off those, and cut out the errors and the bad defence on the edges, we can make the finals.

lockyno1

Post Whore
Unlikely, but as with the Cowboys every damn year, they have the roster. However, my biggest question is consistency, especially away from home. Will need a Parra-like performance post Origin, and on the balance of probabilities it won't happen very often. realistically I see everyone above the Dogs a chance, the rest can prepare for their end of season trip!

gUt

Coach
The Cowboys are forced to surround the best player in the world with nuffies that would not make the reserve grade side of most other clubs. Losing JT might have been a good move for them to free up cash to jettison the likes of Rovelli, Bani, Webb etc.

Shorty

Staff member
gUt, Rovelli is there because our first (and second) choice for halves is injured.
People need to actually watch Cows games before making judgments.

Ray Thompon was forming a nice combination with JT, but he's injured and now needs a shoulder reconstruction.
Michael Morgan, is also injured.

So...I mean there's little choice.
Apart from injuries, our outside backs are rubbish and it's good to see that it's being addressed....now.....with a season probably trashed.
I don't know about the 8, it's always possible but everyone would have to dig in and that hasn't been the case for like 2 years.

gUt

Coach
gUt, Rovelli is there because our first (and second) choice for halves is injured.
People need to actually watch Cows games before making judgments.

I watch most games most weeks, especially the Cows. What you say is right but my nuffies comment is still accurate. The Cows are so frustrating to watch, with their first choice players constantly dropping the ball etc. Injuries are probably the major factor I'll concede but most weeks the players they rely on play like busteds.

Shorty

Staff member
It wasn't specific to you I suppose, but yes you are right.
Most Cows fans have been bitterly disappointed with our performance this year, Henry has had plenty of time to come good.

When everyone is on board it's the outside backs that have let us down...no support for break aways...it looks to be being addressed but that will be next year.

Latest posts