What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Are the keatings days numbered?

sooty

Juniors
Can anyone confirm the contract periods of m & k keating. Im thinking the clock is ticking and with the freed up money and morts locked in could be time to say thanks for comin. That could buy us a very good half/5/8 and maybe a good hooker. When is Kevin Kingston back off contract for FF we need him back. Many questions but not many answers.

parra pete

Referee
Bloody good at 'death riding' people on here. Supporters should support, players should play, coaches coach, officials officiate.
No demarcation disputes, every thing would go along swimmingly.
"East is east, west is west and never the twain shall meet"

Stagger eel

Staff member
Matt Keating's contract is up at the end of 2011 and Kris Keating is on the verge of signing a new deal if he hasn't already done so.

I hope this clears things up for 586th time..

hwired

Juniors
I love it how we expect second year players to be world beaters...

Lets face it, they need time to to gain more experience. If we show a little patience we may finally solve our half problem.

I do agree with hooker though. Matt Keating hasn't shown much promise.

TheParraboy

Staff member
Bloody good at 'death riding' people on here. Supporters should support, players should play, coaches coach, officials officiate.
No demarcation disputes, every thing would go along swimmingly.
"East is east, west is west and never the twain shall meet"

Matt Keating should be playing Origin by now.

Piss him off lets sign Cameron Smith and play Buderus of the bench :)

ROGUE

Juniors
Can anyone confirm the contract periods of m & k keating. Im thinking the clock is ticking and with the freed up money and morts locked in could be time to say thanks for comin. That could buy us a very good half/5/8 and maybe a good hooker. When is Kevin Kingston back off contract for FF we need him back. Many questions but not many answers.

You'll be 16yo when kingstons off contract, so forget it it's to far done the track

84 Baby

Referee
Yes give them the punt

De Gois or Wing at Hooker & Cronk at half back any day for me
De Gois is a chance although how long between 1st grade games has it been now?
Wing would be asking for $$$$$$$ and be nowhere near worth that. I was led to believe we looked strongly at signing him last year but baulked at his massive demands (apparently the Roosters and his sponsors gave him the royal screwjob).
Cronk... think double what Wing will want, that's what Cronk will cost in the end. In fact maybe double it again... His current contract with Melbourne is until 2013. I daresay it's a toss up between him and Smith as to who they want to keep more.

BissyB

Juniors
Kris Keating hasnt even been that bad? Just the last two games, before that he was solid.

Matt Keating, well...Mitchell should have a go while Matt gets his mojo back at Wenty

Eelementary

Post Whore
I love it how we expect second year players to be world beaters...

Lets face it, they need time to to gain more experience. If we show a little patience we may finally solve our half problem.

I do agree with hooker though. Matt Keating hasn't shown much promise.

Totally disagree. He has shown he can play some great games, but the problem is he is kind of stuck in a rut playing poorly at this moment.

But in his time in First Grade he's displayed plenty of positives - a booming kicking game (which won us a game against the Dragons a few years ago by kicking a much-needed 40/20), a good dummy-half running game (which he doesn't use enough) and very good defence.

His service out of dummy half might not be the crispest, but he has had games where he has done pretty well in this area, too. And at the end of the day, if he's not improving, why not point the finger at the coach? This goes for every player. Surely, if you can see these issues in players' games, the coach (who is far more qualified and knowledgeable to make these calls) can see them too? And don't get me wrong - I love DA. But I don't get how the Keatings, Mortimer, Poore, etc. cop all this sh*t and nobody questions the coach's tactics...