What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Are the Melbourne Storm overrated?

rlforever

Juniors
Surely this team is overrated.

OK they are 6-0 but they haven't beaten anyone decent.

Their supposed "Big 3"are all almost 30 years old so are old men in the game and almost past their best.

The rest of the team are nobodies who would struggle to get in the first side of any other teams.

Their coach has a shocking record in Origin.

Their crowds are ordinary and the TV ratings are poor.

They are one injury away from being severely hampered.

Surely no one can actually rate them as Premiership favourites. If they are it doesn't say much for the rest of the competition does it?!

Your thoughts?

goosie

Juniors
6-0 in this comp is not easy to do don't matter what teams they have played.

BDR

First Grade
I'd like to see you come up with a team that could have beaten them last night. They were clinical.

Grapple

Bench

Their supposed "Big 3"are all almost 30 years old so are old men in the game and almost past their best.

The rest of the team are nobodies who would struggle to get in the first side of any other teams.

Surely no one can actually rate them as Premiership favourites. If they are it doesn't say much for the rest of the competition does it?!

Your thoughts?

Almost! :lol::lol:

Ronnie Dobbs

Coach
I don't think they'll make the top 4.

The only way they don't make the 4 is if Smith gets injured.

Seeing as he hasn't missed a game to injury in living memory, I can't see them missing the 4.

Melbourne ---> Brisbane --------> Sharks IMO.

Big Poppa Pump

Juniors

Your thoughts?

You need to use more burley if that's the best bait you have.

Stagger eel

Staff member
there's been some threads over the years by morons like skeepe, mofo, BBSF and Bunniesman where I've actually had to look at them twice as I just couldnt believe anyone would carry that sort of opinion, i think I might have to look at this one 3 times and then I might need to lie down..

lockyrulz

Juniors
I thought the cows up in Townsville would have been far more competitive given their experienced key players. I cant see who is really going to test them, the will strangle the life out of the Broncos attack, quite literally.

For whatever reason the refs have decided to sit back and watch the players wrestle for 15 seconds every tackle, and no team exploits this better than the storm.

They are a landslide above all the other teams currently in the competition....They came up against a team yesterday that could of upset them, but they came out firing and would of beaten any team yesterday...I think the Storm working with the AFL has done them good, especially with how well they contest and jump for the ball after a kick. Maybe Bryson Goodwin can take some practice:roll:

Grapple

Bench

Seeing as he hasn't missed a game to injury in living memory, I can't see them missing the 4.

Melbourne ---> Brisbane --------> Sharks IMO.

I'm sure he missed some games from that elbow injury last year, he got in the Anzac game?

I think it's the timing of this thread that makes me think it's just a troll.

mongoose

Coach
The Storm are freakishly good this year. I mean they are quite a few levels above the next team below them. Injuries is the only thing that will stop them.

Mr Fourex

Bench

That sure makes Cam Smith sound like one tough hombre doesn't it Ronnie.

Ole Bedsy can't lay his hands on such a claim......he was riddled with injury throughout his early & late continuing career.

mongoose

Coach
bellamy has no gameplans and they rely on the kick and they will struggle against good defensive teams.... oh wait thats the roosters

Latest posts