What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Are we actually a chance here?

Meth

Staff member
We are firmly in the top 8 now despite the horrendous run of injuries that we have had.

We are nearly back to full strength heading into the business end of the season.

Despite beating the Panthers and the Storm in the last few weeks, we haven't really found an 80 minute attacking performance yet.

Our defense is looking very good

Is it just me, or are this season's prospects looking much, much brighter after the last 2 weeks?

AliN

Live Update Team
We have the confidence and self belief.
Great to see and can only be a good thing nearing the back end of the season.

ozreece77

Juniors
As good as our run is, are we peaking too soon?

You have to time your run to perfection to get through finals series.

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
It reminds me of 2008. We're going hard but we don't really have the attacking execution, even at our best, to really win the thing.

Expect someone (not us) to catch fire late in the season and win it.

Meth

Staff member
As good as our run is, are we peaking too soon?

You have to time your run to perfection to get through finals series.

Well, that's the thing. I don't think we have come close to peaking. Our defense is very good. Our attack is pretty average. Once a few of our returning players play themselves into some form, if we are in a good position we could be a chance

ozreece77

Juniors
Well, that's the thing. I don't think we have come close to peaking. Our defense is very good. Our attack is pretty average. Once a few of our returning players play themselves into some form, if we are in a good position we could be a chance

yeh, well i guess i was referring to our defense. We have been putting in mighty efforts the last 3 games. We defended our tryline for over 90mins if you count last weeks game. Can we sustain this level of defense right till when it counts?

hitman82

Bench
The defense is an awesome sign. It's going to be boosting our confidence to unseen levels since we had Campion and co holding down the fort.
Russell Packer, Mannering, Luck - all defensive juggernauts for us.
Rapira due back next week brings 140-odd metres and 30+ tackles to compliment our already firing forward pack.

While our halves aren't on fire, they're certainly solid. Locke showed tonight that he is starting to hit the gamebreaking form we all know he is capable of.

My semi-realist prediction would be knocked out in the semis.

No, I don't think we are peaking too early.

Dr Crane

Live Update Team
we'll go as far as a tactic of going up 12-0 and shutting up shop will take us.

Micistm

Bench
One game at a time. Leave it to TVNZ & TV3 news to start the bandwagon of 'they are in contention for a GF and could go all the way' stuff.
Long way to go yet...I'm just enjoying the run we're having, considering we were supposed to be wooden spooners and easy beats for the year. Stick that in your pipes, critics!

Martli

Coach
It reminds me of 2008. We're going hard but we don't really have the attacking execution, even at our best, to really win the thing.

I agree with this. Certainly top 8 material in my opinion, but our attack needs to be improved if we want to go any further than that.

Martli

Coach
One game at a time. Leave it to TVNZ & TV3 news to start the bandwagon of 'they are in contention for a GF and could go all the way' stuff.
Long way to go yet...I'm just enjoying the run we're having, considering we were supposed to be wooden spooners and easy beats for the year. Stick that in your pipes, critics!

And yeah, this. It's easy to forget that a lot of people on here were calling for Cleary to get the sack earlier in the season along side all the other bullsh*t that comes when you lose a few games. We've had a decent run, lets enjoy it, but lets also not get too far a head of ourselves.

hitman82

Bench
It's so awesome to feel optimistic for a change. I go through hell supporting the Warriors haha. 5 wins in a row is like paradise

Micistm

Bench
It's so awesome to feel optimistic for a change. I go through hell supporting the Warriors haha. 5 wins in a row is like paradise

Amen to that, it makes being a supporter a sweet feeling, and although it's nice to see heaps of people get behind them it also miffs you a bit- Thinking, where the **** were you guys a few weeks ago? And you know in a loss or two they'd be gone

Meth

Staff member
And yeah, this. It's easy to forget that a lot of people on here were calling for Cleary to get the sack earlier in the season along side all the other bullsh*t that comes when you lose a few games. We've had a decent run, lets enjoy it, but lets also not get too far a head of ourselves.

Yeah, but not necessarily the same people champ.

I started the thread and I never advocated getting rid of Cleary. I had my doubts but always held to giving him at least to the end of the season.

Anyway, I don't think this is getting ahead of ourselves. I am not saying that we will win it as is, I am saying that we could be in with a chance IF our defense holds, our attack improves and some of the players that we have won without come to the table at the back end of the season.

One Warrior

Bench
Amen to that, it makes being a supporter a sweet feeling, and although it's nice to see heaps of people get behind them it also miffs you a bit- Thinking, where the **** were you guys a few weeks ago? And you know in a loss or two they'd be gone

Oh how true is that, I am just enjoying each win as they come and counting down the games we need to know we are safe in the finals to start with, not looking any further ahead than that.

Meth

Staff member

That's the way it has always been. The Warriors are a product; they have a loyal patronage and if and when the product is good, consumption swells.

ozreece77

Juniors

well, having just watched the parra game, i think one team has finally caught fire. Haynes try is close to individual try of the season. I think only Nathan Gardner's try against Roosters is comparable.

Still time for us to catch fire tho. Still dont think we have seen the best of big Manu or Locke yet.

Seymour and Maloney need 3-4 weeks together to improve the attack.
Bunnies(A), Titans(H), Sharks(A) and Knights(H) next 4 games.

Was a bit disappointed Maloney didnt seem to have a real go at the final second penalty kick (well didnt seem to) as our points dif is a real issue.
If Dogs get up over Roosters and Cowboys put 20 points on Tigers we will be 3rd on ladder.