What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Are we actually a chance here?

Meth

Staff member
Gangsta wannabee, you see, I like it here, that's why I post. There are some incredibly knowlegable posters at LU. Posters whose commentary I really enjoy......it's ok son, you are not amongst them.

I don't do Cheerleading and I don't do Glee Club. Either get used to it or put me on ignore - problem solved. If that's your thing though, may I suggest you spend a little more time at VOT.

To be honest, I've always thought of you as Ozbash's cheerleader

Lego_Man

First Grade
To be honest, i've heard Ozbash post positive comments on the Warriors...but never the same from Skinner.

Scott

Bench
Getting back to the actual thread topic,

Yes, we are a genuine chance. Lets be honest, it isn't the strongest competition, but that doesn't mean it won't mean as much to the team that are crowned premiers.
I think if we can get back to a bit more 'controlled razzle dazzle' attack, then we have the team to lift the trophy up!

Yes, we are a genuine chance. Lets be honest, it isn't the strongest competition, but that doesn't mean it won't mean as much to the team that are crowned premiers.
I think if we can get back to a bit more 'controlled razzle dazzle' attack, then we have the team to lift the trophy up!

I think ppl will see this as a 2nd rate trophy because the storm were stripped for cheating - I rememer back in 02 and I was thinking the very same thing if we had won against the rooters.

Meth

Staff member
Stop ruining the Cheerleaders thread for me!!!

I don't need to picture Skinner in a mini skirt with pom poms.

The whole cheerleading thing was ruined for me a number of years ago when I lived in Auckland and attended Warriors games- some of those girls could have packed down in the scrum

NZ Warrior

First Grade

I concur, Scott. The more Maloney & Seymour play alongside each other, the better our attack is going to be. Then I think we'll see a more expansive attack.

NZ Warrior

First Grade
I think ppl will see this as a 2nd rate trophy because the storm were stripped for cheating - I rememer back in 02 and I was thinking the very same thing if we had won against the rooters.

I personally think that it makes for a better comp, when illegally assembled teams are forfeited from the comp. But that's just my opinion.

Melbourne should not have the squad of players that they do, just like the Bulldogs shouldn't have had in '02. I don't care if these teams are excluded from competing, because they shouldn't have existed in the first place.

I personally think that it makes for a better comp, when illegally assembled teams are forfeited from the comp. But that's just my opinion.

Melbourne should not have the squad of players that they do, just like the Bulldogs shouldn't have had in '02. I don't care if these teams are excluded from competing, because they shouldn't have existed in the first place.

^^Good Call^^

Meth

Staff member
Let's throw away any idea of Storm being the sentimental champions- not in 2007, not in 2009 and certainly not in 2010.

AuckMel

Bench
ozbash said:
what do you reckon about the whole deal Ian ?

Pissed me off mate. I spent over 500 bucks on Storm memberships only for them to be worthless.

If I didn't love the game I would have demanded my money back.

ozbash said:
Should the Storm still be using players who have obviously had backhanders

I really don't know. Probably not, but if they didn't we may as well pack up the game here right now.

ozbash said:
Should the Storm actually be playing ??

They should be allowed to play, but not for points. As harsh as the punishment was and how its hurt the game the right rulings have been made.

The Warriors are definitely over-achieving, but not until 2011 once a fully fit squad and Mateo, Inu join will we see a fully competitive team in every facet.

The Warriors have been incredibly fortunate to have had the conditions in their favour - the majority of their wins have come in the wet this season.....minimal fringe play by either Warriors or the opposition, slower style of footy, basically right up the guts rugby league that they have worked to their advantage. Well crafted wins generally formed a determined defensive effort, but still unable to put many points on the board over 80 mins.

Once they strike a firm, hard track in Sydney I think we may see them caught out by quicker backlines willing to attack at speed out wide.

The Bunnies may prove the point on Sunday. We'll see if they can change tactics to suit.

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
The Warriors have been incredibly fortunate to have had the conditions in their favour - the majority of their wins have come in the wet this season.....minimal fringe play by either Warriors or the opposition, slower style of footy, basically right up the guts rugby league that they have worked to their advantage. Well crafted wins generally formed a determined defensive effort, but still unable to put many points on the board over 80 mins.

Once they strike a firm, hard track in Sydney I think we may see them caught out by quicker backlines willing to attack at speed out wide.

The Bunnies may prove the point on Sunday. We'll see if they can change tactics to suit.

Warriors 13 - Storm 6. (dry track, albeit against a fairly unmotivated side)
Warriors 35 - Eels 6. (no need to elaborate here)
Warriors 12 - Penrith 6. (in Sydney, dry track against one of the red-hot attacking sides of the competition with speed to burn out wide)
Warriors 20 - Roosters 16. (20 points in an absolute flood)
Warriors 32 - Newcastle 24 (in Sydney, dry track. Okay we've since seen the Knights can be a tad leaky, but none the less)

Then you have 20 points against the Dragons in another flood, 26 to beat your rabble at home, another 24 to beat the Cowboys and if you go back further, 48 to beat an admittedly pee-poor Broncos side on a belter in Brisbane and again in Sydney, 30 points to beat the Bulldogs.

By my count, a whole one of our wins was in the wet.

I'm picking you'd see the Tigers as a razzle dazzle side and despite them putting 50 on us, we are pretty much neck and neck with them points-for wise.

Seeing you don't seem to know arse from elbow, potty time at your place must be a messy affair.

Warriors 13 - Storm 6. (dry track, albeit against a fairly unmotivated side)
Warriors 35 - Eels 6. (no need to elaborate here)
Warriors 12 - Penrith 6. (in Sydney, dry track against one of the red-hot attacking sides of the competition with speed to burn out wide)
Warriors 20 - Roosters 16. (20 points in an absolute flood)
Warriors 32 - Newcastle 24 (in Sydney, dry track. Okay we've since seen the Knights can be a tad leaky, but none the less)

Then you have 20 points against the Dragons in another flood, 26 to beat your rabble at home, another 24 to beat the Cowboys and if you go back further, 48 to beat an admittedly pee-poor Broncos side on a belter in Brisbane and again in Sydney, 30 points to beat the Bulldogs.

By my count, a whole one of our wins was in the wet.

I'm picking you'd see the Tigers as a razzle dazzle side and despite them putting 50 on us, we are pretty much neck and neck with them points-for wise.

Seeing you don't seem to know arse from elbow, potty time at your place must be a messy affair.

I sat near the sideline Saturday for Warriors v Storm.....pissed down all day in Auckland and was a very wet pitch, slippery with poor footing.

Think about what you say before hitting the keyboard. Just cause it ain't raining from the sky doesn't mean it not wet underfoot. In my estimation the recent run of wins have all been on wet tracks, especially the home games.

Dr Crane

Live Update Team
I sat near the sideline Saturday for Warriors v Storm.....pissed down all day in Auckland and was a very wet pitch, slippery with poor footing.

Think about what you say before hitting the keyboard. Just cause it ain't raining from the sky doesn't mean it not wet underfoot. In my estimation the recent run of wins have all been on wet tracks, especially the home games.

there were one or two showers during the day, although i'll concede there was dew on the ground, but it was hardly sopping wet.

and no matter what you try to convince us, that newcastle game wasn't in the wet.

Cagey Mac

Bench
My calculations have the Warriors finishing in 2nd place on 36 points on current form you'd be playing the Roosters in the prelim to see who plays the Dragons in the GF
Let's see!

Latest posts