What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Are we actually a chance here?

Skinner

Coach
If by "a chance here" you mean to win the premiership, then I would be extremely doubtful. I say that because I don't believe Ivan Cleary has the coaching and motivation skills to prepare them for that level of football.

Last nights game for instance...genuine contending teams would have stuck 20 - 30 points on the rabble that the Storm (probably understandably) have become. Defending very small leads in round play, well that doesn't exactly lead on to winning premierships.

If you mean make the finals - possibly, but there are more than a couple of teams that still can.

Flame away guys and gals

Rovelli

Bench
This is an open competition. Only one team (Dragons) can at the moment is noticeably better than the others at the moment.

Let's take it one week at a time.

Next week we take on Souths away, and that'll be tough. They should go into that match as warm favourites with their great forward pack. If there is no Isaac Luke however, we can perhaps surprise again. Would love to keep the momentum going.

Iafeta

Referee
Skinner, the best team in the comp has been the Dragons. They rarely put the sword through their opposition big time so to speak. They have a knack of slowly building momentum and then coming home strong.

We're on a good roll, but I'm just not sure. I need to see more from Brett Seymour more than anyone else to feel comfortable. No doubt our D is awesome, but I want more in attack. Last night like against Penrith I felt we were bringing it off our line a lot in the second half, which indicates to me we're probably not completing our sets that well with our kick-chase game, if we're getting to it.

I'm concerned about J'Ro still under the high ball, I kind of hope sadly that Lance is out for a couple of weeks so we can explore the J'Ro option more. If he can get safe under the bomb, he could be our game breaker through the middle of the park from the back.

Rich102

Staff member
If by "a chance here" you mean to win the premiership, then I would be extremely doubtful. I say that because I don't believe Ivan Cleary has the coaching and motivation skills to prepare them for that level of football.

Last nights game for instance...genuine contending teams would have stuck 20 - 30 points on the rabble that the Storm (probably understandably) have become. Defending very small leads in round play, well that doesn't exactly lead on to winning premierships.

If you mean make the finals - possibly, but there are more than a couple of teams that still can.

Flame away guys and gals

To just say the improvement is due to Cleary is naive.

I think one of the reasons they are going better is because Iro is on the field, lifting them.

The other reason is Maloney; he is having a huge influence on the team; lifting, driving, leading, chipping - whatever it takes.

Be interesting to see how far they go.

Martli

Coach
Next week we take on Souths away, and that'll be tough. They should go into that match as warm favourites with their great forward pack. If there is no Isaac Luke however, we can perhaps surprise again. Would love to keep the momentum going.

Of all of the games left this one worries me the most. I think souths will be reasonably hungry having come up short in their last couple of games against top 4 (well, 8 at the moment with roosters still to play) competition. Other than that, all our other opponents are totally beatable if we bring our A game.

NZ Warrior

First Grade
Souths are going to be very tough. With Burgess everywhere & Taylor out wide, their forwards are going to take some stopping.

But the Warriors can do it, they held their own against the Scum. It should be a helluva game.

Skinner

Coach
To just say the improvement is due to Cleary is naive.

I think one of the reasons they are going better is because Iro is on the field, lifting them.

The other reason is Maloney; he is having a huge influence on the team; lifting, driving, leading, chipping - whatever it takes.

Be interesting to see how far they go.

I quite agree mate. I'm biased for sure, but I think Tony has a lot to do with it. He has a way of making people gel. Younger players in particular respond so well to him. I believe that's why the "B" team built something of a base.

Micistm

Bench
I'm just sticking by the one game at a time thing. It's nice to string a few rather than the usual roller coaster, but it could all end very quick- any team can beat another on the day.
I'm just stoked we're getting some entertainment after the horror that was '09. If we could just stop these damn injuries...

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
Skummer, why do you even post at the Warriors forum?

To suggest that we're not top 8 material is completely delusional. It's hardly a sh*t hot comp.

Lego_Man

First Grade
The thing with this Souffs game is that we are most probably going to have to score more than 12 points to win.

It's going to be an interesting test.

Skinner

Coach
Right here.

I think you really need to avail yourself of the products of this fine company : http://www.specsavers.co.nz/

I have re-read this "If you mean make the finals - possibly, but there are more than a couple of teams that still can" many times.

I tried mirror reading it, stood on my head, translated it to Swahili and back....nah. Simply could not see where I'd said the Warriors were not a top 8 chance.

Pretty damn strange I think :roll:

Skinner

Coach
Skummer, why do you even post at the Warriors forum?

Gangsta wannabee, you see, I like it here, that's why I post. There are some incredibly knowlegable posters at LU. Posters whose commentary I really enjoy......it's ok son, you are not amongst them.

I don't do Cheerleading and I don't do Glee Club. Either get used to it or put me on ignore - problem solved. If that's your thing though, may I suggest you spend a little more time at VOT.

One Warrior

Bench
I think you really need to avail yourself of the products of this fine company : http://www.specsavers.co.nz/

I have re-read this "If you mean make the finals - possibly, but there are more than a couple of teams that still can" many times.

I tried mirror reading it, stood on my head, translated it to Swahili and back....nah. Simply could not see where I'd said the Warriors were not a top 8 chance.

Pretty damn strange I think :roll:

Sorry Skinner, I read it wrong.

NZ Warrior

First Grade
Gangsta wannabee, you see, I like it here, that's why I post. There are some incredibly knowlegable posters at LU. Posters whose commentary I really enjoy......it's ok son, you are not amongst them.

I don't do Cheerleading and I don't do Glee Club. Either get used to it or put me on ignore - problem solved. If that's your thing though, may I suggest you spend a little more time at VOT.

You made "Incredibly knowledgeable posters" plural. As far as I know, there's only me.

And you can ignore people??? So, you mean I don't have to put up with Ozbash's garbage banter???

Skinner

Coach
You made "Incredibly knowledgeable posters" plural. As far as I know, there's only me.

And you can ignore people??? So, you mean I don't have to put up with Ozbash's garbage banter???

Wazza, you are without peer in the entertainment category on LU :D

Latest posts