What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Are we cheats? (again)

Kilkenny

Coach
There is no doubt players being recruited by the Bulldogs are prepared to accept less money to enjoy the benefits of playing for the dogs and the lifestyle. Who wouldn't want to reside in close proximity to Bankstown.

Bulldog Force

Referee
There is no doubt players being recruited by the Bulldogs are prepared to accept less money to enjoy the benefits of playing for the dogs and the lifestyle. Who wouldn't want to reside in close proximity to Bankstown.
On one hand we have jealous fans stating we pay overs for players, and on the other hand we have useless gimps like yourself making up fictitious statements due to jealously. The Bulldogs have lost many big names over the years, including 16/17 of the 2004 GF winning team, meaning from the team, we've lost pretty much the whole multi-million dollar team. Look at the squad now - how many big named marquee players do we have compared to then?

love my saints

Juniors
this is a gee up thread.... besides pritchard ( reported $400k) the manly halfback (reported $265k), and keating (reported $170k), all other signings are cheap back up players.
Tolman wouldnt be on over $150k, the rest ie. lett etc will be on no more than $100k-$120k.

Think about hannant, kimmorley, gordon, hickey, they wer on a pretty good pay packet, it evens itself out. Get off the dogs back, good management to get reliable back up players and also some quality 1st graders.

Ridders

Coach

Bro don't hate. Bankstown's a great place to live around. Some good stuff there. Habib's is nice. It's got a nice train station. Nice library. The name alludes me, but there's this one really good kebab shop close to Bankstown station. There's a pretty nice Hoyts there as well and Bankstown Square (old and new) goes alright.

It's also got a pretty flashy Civic Tower, although I've never actually been in it. The outdoor restrooms are also top quality.

Bulldog Force

Referee
this is a gee up thread.... besides pritchard ( reported $400k) the manly halfback (reported $265k), and keating (reported $170k), all other signings are cheap back up players.
Tolman wouldnt be on over $150k, the rest ie. lett etc will be on no more than $100k-$120k.

Think about hannant, kimmorley, gordon, hickey, they wer on a pretty good pay packet, it evens itself out. Get off the dogs back, good management to get reliable back up players and also some quality 1st graders.
Dude, you're one of the few Dragons supporters I respect. I wish more of them were like you :cool:

Bulldog Force

Referee
Trying not to get too off topic, but Bankstown is one of those major suburbs in the southwest due to it's population of 26,000. It has an airport, golf course, Centro shopping centre, Hoyts (as Ridders pointed out) as well as a bunker, water reservoir, numerous primary and high schools, TAFE, Private colleges, University campus, hospitals, restaurants, function halls, parks, sporting fields, and more. I'm sure many people will bag it out here, there and everywhere due actions of a few residents, but as always goes, minority ruin it for the majority.

As for the civic centre, well...

474px-Bankstown_civic_center.jpg

aqua_duck

Coach
Trying not to get too off topic, but Bankstown is one of those major suburbs in the southwest due to it's population of 26,000. It has an airport, golf course, Centro shopping centre, Hoyts (as Ridders pointed out) as well as a bunker, water reservoir, numerous primary and high schools, TAFE, Private colleges, University campus, hospitals, restaurants, function halls, parks, sporting fields, and more. I'm sure many people will bag it out here, there and everywhere due actions of a few residents, but as always goes, minority ruin it for the majority.

you forgot to mention the high crime rate

aqua_duck

Coach

if Tolman is on less than 150k a year he needs a new manager, at the time he signed he was a starting premiership winning prop who was touted for origin.

aqua_duck

Coach
Originally Posted by Bulldog Force
I'm sure many people will bag it out here, there and everywhere due actions of a few residents, but as always goes, minority ruin it for the majority.
thats true, though Bankstown seems to have a higher minority than most places

Doga

Juniors

LOL

Puhleease...if you live in bankstown you work hard to move out of it

Bench
if Tolman is on less than 150k a year he needs a new manager, at the time he signed he was a starting premiership winning prop who was touted for origin.
Exactly,he had a number of clubs chasing him and he would of commanded $200k plus so that is a lie,and you only have 1 premiership player left from 04 because you were allowed to keep your side together after bursting the bejeezers out of the salary cap.
Players are not going to hang around on way less money for ever you know.

Bulldog Force

Referee
Exactly,he had a number of clubs chasing him and he would of commanded $200k plus so that is a lie,and you only have 1 premiership player left from 04 because you were allowed to keep your side together after bursting the bejeezers out of the salary cap.
:roll:
We've been through this already!

love my saints

Juniors

i sense some bitterness there.... have u got actual fact he is on over $200k??? or are you just one of those droolers that thinks he knows what he is talking about when in actual fact you wouldnt know the difference between your bumhole and your mouth (not surprising really as the same thing comes out of both)...

And the reason they only have ONE premiership player from 04 is because they "offload players to buy new players"...

As for your claim about he is on $200k plus, what would a hannant or kimmorley be worth then? They'v been released or retired, add the rest that have gone also, and what do you then have???

Thats right dumbass, you have money left over to buy new players....

:sarcasm::sarcasm::sarcasm: but shhhh, dont let the secret out that thats what gets done to stay under the cap!!!

MatthewA

Juniors
love my saints has to be the greatest Dragons fan in the world. Smart, sensible and not at all bitter. Good to see.

franklin2323

Immortal

I have said my bit on the cap for next year. But your right about the 2004 team. The majority of them would of been on the rorted amount from 2002 as the contract expire other teams poach them as it happens will all success teams

How many of the Storm 2009 Premiers team will be there in 5 years?

Latest posts