What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Are we cheats? (again)

MatthewA

Juniors
I have said my bit on the cap for next year. But your right about the 2004 team. The majority of them would of been on the rorted amount from 2002 as the contract expire other teams poach them as it happens will all success teams

How many of the Storm 2009 Premiers team will be there in 5 years?
Let's see the squad losses from 02 to 04 shall we?

Glenn Hall gone
Gavin Lester gone
Travis Norton gone
Todd Polglase gone
Paul Rauhihi gone
Steve Reardon gone
Darren Smith gone
Nathan Sologinkin gone
Willie Talau gone
Darrell Trindall gone
Nigel Vagana gone

Quite a lot of losses especially when you consider guys like Lester, Norton, Reardon, Smith, Talau and Vagana were all then considered as great players and were in career best form.

franklin2323

Immortal
Let's see the squad losses from 02 to 04 shall we?

Glenn Hall gone
Gavin Lester gone
Travis Norton gone
Todd Polglase gone
Paul Rauhihi gone
Steve Reardon gone
Darren Smith gone
Nathan Sologinkin gone
Willie Talau gone
Darrell Trindall gone
Nigel Vagana gone

Quite a lot of losses especially when you consider guys like Lester, Norton, Reardon, Smith, Talau and Vagana were all then considered as great players and were in career best form.

And so you should of lost players. It was double the cap or something like that. A few of the others who stayed Price, Anasta, Tonga etc prob would of been poached anyway but prob having to pay them less after to comply with the cap wouldn't of helped.

Look at the Panthers team in 03 ( 2 left), Roosters (Minichello only) both years or the 2005 GF teams.

Barely recognisable now. It's the affect of the cap teams win the comp as the players come off contract they get taken by other teams to strengthen them

Bulldog Force

Referee
And so you should of lost players. It was double the cap or something like that. A few of the others who stayed Price, Anasta, Tonga etc prob would of been poached anyway but prob having to pay them less after to comply with the cap wouldn't of helped.

Look at the Panthers team in 03 ( 2 left), Roosters (Minichello only) both years or the 2005 GF teams.

Barely recognisable now. It's the affect of the cap teams win the comp as the players come off contract they get taken by other teams to strengthen them
Double the cap??? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

It was $400,000 for 2002 you douche! Do your research or backup your claims!

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Granted over 2 seasons :lol:

That's exactly the point he was making, dope. The bulk of those breaches were actually for the 2001 season.

MatthewA

Juniors
So when it comes down to it the point I was trying to make is that no, the Bulldogs did not with the Premiership in 2004 with a team of illegal players or a team that was full of players from 2002.

franklin2323

Immortal
So when it comes down to it the point I was trying to make is that no, the Bulldogs did not with the Premiership in 2004 with a team of illegal players or a team that was full of players from 2002.

This says different and has the total at $2.1m for 2001,2002 and planned for 2003

http://www.smh.com.au/articles/2002/08/26/1030053035361.html

Granted players did leave but it ended up with 21 out 25 players retained. Hardly torn apart.

http://www.rleague.com/db/article.php?id=13374

Last edited:

Timmah

Staff member
Planned? :?

How can you be fined for breaches when money was never paid out. That assumes facts not in evidence. They can plan all they wanted for 2003, they were caught mid-2002.

The article you've linked to is an opinionated and biased article making a lot of emotional claims and few factual ones.

Your insistence on our club breaking the rules again is startling and can only be traced to the bitterness of your own clubs inability to keep one F. Pritchard.

franklin2323

Immortal
People always comes back to that. It has nothing to do with Penrith's rubbish management. I always knew they were terrible for years now prob the worst in the comp we have money but are to terrible to sign anyone plain and simple.

It has to do with the crowded Sydney marketplace (3rd party payments etc)8 teams all after the corpote dollar trying to compete yet no one can fit anyone of note in the cap.

Yet 2 years after a pending spree the Bulldogs can do it again. Lok at the losses form Parra and Dragons in particular. After a good 12 months Dragons had 2 loss decent players yet can't afford to recruit

Bulldog Force

Referee
Name 1 big name marquee player the dogs have? And I'm not talking about Ennis or Morris, I'm talking the likes of SBW or Mason-type players!

Timmah

Staff member
franklin, so far your claims have been based on nothing but speculation. If it were a one off claim by you, I'd probably have paid it no heed, but you've been at it like a dog on a bone since the Pritchard signing news broke in the NRL section.

It looks pretty desperate on your part.

franklin2323

Immortal
franklin, so far your claims have been based on nothing but speculation. If it were a one off claim by you, I'd probably have paid it no heed, but you've been at it like a dog on a bone since the Pritchard signing news broke in the NRL section.

It looks pretty desperate on your part.

It wasn't the Pritchard signing it was the 4 since then btw I knew we didn't want him as of April so I was expecting it the fact we dragged it out shows incompdence. Add the Blair and Fifta rumours and it looks suss.

I just look at other Sydney clubs with the same pressures etc and most teams not much change. Then Mateo, Inu, Cayless left Parra wouldn't be on minimum wage yet don't have a signing of note.

Dragons signed Gasiner and lost Saffy, Smith, Costigan, Green.

All not useless mangement but yet have cap pressures

Bulldog Force

Referee
It wasn't the Pritchard signing it was the 4 since then btw I knew we didn't want him as of April so I was expecting it the fact we dragged it out shows incompdence. Add the Blair and Fifta rumours and it looks suss.

I just look at other Sydney clubs with the same pressures etc and most teams not much change. Then Mateo, Inu, Cayless left Parra wouldn't be on minimum wage yet don't have a signing of note.

Dragons signed Gasiner and lost Saffy, Smith, Costigan, Green.

All not useless mangement but yet have cap pressures
Blair and co are just rumors. The one signing we've been holding out for is Eastwood, so I don't know where Blair fits in all this (not our club, that seems certain). As for the Eels... see the big play they made for Cooper?

franklin2323

Immortal
Blair and co are just rumors. The one signing we've been holding out for is Eastwood, so I don't know where Blair fits in all this (not our club, that seems certain). As for the Eels... see the big play they made for Cooper?

I guess we need to wait til all close season signings to see how other Sydney teams (I am not counting Penrith our management wouldn't use the Marquee player rule or even consider transfers, But Noyce, Humphries etc are decent mangement and a capable of signing players if they have funds) fair in losses compared to gains.

As I said numerous times I wish I am wrong we don't need another breach. I guess time will say

MatthewA

Juniors
These are just estimates but the ones marked with an asterisk are figures accurately reported in the media and confirmed by the club at the time of signing.

Losses for 2011
Luke Patten ($250,000)
Brett Kimmorley ($400,000)
Ben Hannant ($350,000)*
Daniel Harrison ($75,000)
Jarrad Hickey ($200,000)*
Blake Green ($120,000)
Tim Winitana ($75,000)
Yileen Gordon ($120,000)*
Danny Williams ($75,000)
Shane Neumann ($75,000)

TOTAL ESTIMATE: $1,512,000.00

Re-Signed for 2011
David Stagg (Would not have gotten an increase as he was signed on decent coin to begin with)
Ben Barba (An increase, probably from minimum increased to $120,000)
Michael Hodgson (Would not have gotten an increase)
Ryan Tandy (From match payments to full time contract around $120,000)
Brad Morrin (No contract I believe, it's a lower grade contract with FG match payments)
Joel Romelo (See Brad Morrin)
Corey Payne (See Brad Morrin)

TOTAL ESTIMATED INCREASE: $180,000.00

Signed for 2012
Aiden Tolman ($150,000)
Trent Hodkinson ($250,000)*
Kris Keating ($120,000)
Frank Pritchard ($400,000)*
Grant Millington ($75,000)
Michael Lett ($75,000)
Jonathan Wright ($75,000)
Greg Eastwood ($250,000)

TOTAL ESTIMATE: $1,395,000.00

TAKE INTO ACCOUNT:
Andrew Ryan's back loaded contract. He'll be on well under market value in 2011.
Salary cap increase of $300,000.

So as you can see, we are well under the cap. In fact, by these calculations we probably still have enough money left for another decent player.

Of course these figures aren't accurate but you can't say I've been biased in any of these figures.

The sour grapes of other supporters really sh*ts me up the wall. And what annoys me more is the fact that you look at the huge amount of losses we've got not only this year but from 2008 and 2009 also and it's no wonder we have been the most active club in the market.

These are just estimates but the ones marked with an asterisk are figures accurately reported in the media and confirmed by the club at the time of signing.

Losses for 2011
Luke Patten ($250,000)
Brett Kimmorley ($400,000)
Ben Hannant ($350,000)*
Daniel Harrison ($75,000)
Jarrad Hickey ($200,000)*
Blake Green ($120,000)
Tim Winitana ($75,000)
Yileen Gordon ($120,000)*
Danny Williams ($75,000)
Shane Neumann ($75,000)

TOTAL ESTIMATE: $1,512,000.00

Re-Signed for 2011
David Stagg (Would not have gotten an increase as he was signed on decent coin to begin with)
Ben Barba (An increase, probably from minimum increased to $120,000)
Michael Hodgson (Would not have gotten an increase)
Ryan Tandy (From match payments to full time contract around $120,000)
Brad Morrin (No contract I believe, it's a lower grade contract with FG match payments)
Joel Romelo (See Brad Morrin)
Corey Payne (See Brad Morrin)

TOTAL ESTIMATED INCREASE: $180,000.00

Signed for 2012
Aiden Tolman ($150,000)
Trent Hodkinson ($250,000)*
Kris Keating ($120,000)
Frank Pritchard ($400,000)*
Grant Millington ($75,000)
Michael Lett ($75,000)
Jonathan Wright ($75,000)
Greg Eastwood ($250,000)

TOTAL ESTIMATE: $1,395,000.00

TAKE INTO ACCOUNT:
Andrew Ryan's back loaded contract. He'll be on well under market value in 2011.
Salary cap increase of $300,000.

So as you can see, we are well under the cap. In fact, by these calculations we probably still have enough money left for another decent player.

Of course these figures aren't accurate but you can't say I've been biased in any of these figures.

The sour grapes of other supporters really sh*ts me up the wall. And what annoys me more is the fact that you look at the huge amount of losses we've got not only this year but from 2008 and 2009 also and it's no wonder we have been the most active club in the market.

I don't think the Bulldogs are cheats. They do seem to rebuild their squad quiet signifcantly every couple of years and not many local juniors appear to be coming through.

I think Aiden Tolman will be on much bigger coin than you had him listed for, he is one of the best young props in the game.

MatthewA

Juniors
He is a very good player, but no way he would be on more than $200,000. $150,000 is the figure I was told and I would think that's excellent for a player of his age and with his experience.

MatthewA

Juniors
Every other team is cheating, apart from your own. Didn't you know that??

And yes, believe it or not Mr. Noad signed Hickey to a 200k contract in 2008.

Latest posts