What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Are we up for a fight??

JOB 3:14

Juniors
forward pass said:
Theres something I have been thinking about for a while and I am keen to see who agrees with me.

It seems that our side for a number of years just hasn't been a team that enjoy a tough battle. When we get on a roll and things are going well - we can be awesome. But when the opposition turn up ready to give it us - we seem to meekly surrender knowing its not going to be our day. We rarely seem to tough a match out anymore.

When was the last time we have fought back from being behind? When the opposition have got on a roll - how many times have we managed to stop them? This year - never !

Almost every match we have lost has been a flogging. The only close one was the Bulldogs match and even then we lead 10-0 after 10 minutes but couldn't score another try until late. Once the dogs got on a roll we just fell in a hole.

We have had some great wins - but some appalling losses. Even the tigers game we won in extra time should never have got to that. We let them back in. I just think the team needs to learn to fight out a match for 80 minutes.

Maybe its a lack of passion. It may also be a lack of any real bonding the side seems to have. Their just doesn't seem to be too much fight and its really disappointing.

All players will have their bad days. But why do we all seem have one at the same time - every time. Is it because the rest of the team drop their bundle when they see a few guys not playing well. I can't accept how easily we have let the opposition score first.

Having a bad day is one thing - but 6 or 7 with plenty of rounds left to play is a bit much.

Does any one else agree that we need things to go our way or we just don't have the fight in us? Maybe the blame lies in our forwards for not dominating enough. I don't know but we just don't have the x factor.

In answer to your question....No we are not up for a fight.

_mUSASHI_

Juniors
It happened again yesterday. I know we had some dodgy calls from the ref, but fair dinkum, they scored nearly every time they got in our 20.

even though we are 3rd, we can write this year off, as we could even finish 6th on the ladder before the season is over.

We dont have what it takes to win the BIG games. And we proved it again yesterday.

And why oh why didnt anyone clean up jamie lyon. That summed up the match for me.

_mUSASHI_

Juniors
Suitman said:
Because the dog kept passing the ball.

Suity

True, but maybe Weller or Junior coulda smashed him after he passed it, as they might not be in 1st grade next week anyhow.

Someone shouldve smashed him late, it wouldve been sensational.

We basically dont have enuff mongrel.

Suitman

Post Whore
_mUSASHI_ said:
True, but maybe Weller or Junior coulda smashed him after he passed it, as they might not be in 1st grade next week anyhow.

Someone shouldve smashed him late, it wouldve been sensational.

We basically dont have enuff mongrel.

Agreed. I was hoping someone would take him out like we did to Terry Hill in that semi.
Alas, it didn't happen.

Suity

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Suitman said:
Agreed. I was hoping someone would take him out like we did to Terry Hill in that semi.
Alas, it didn't happen.

On a positive note, we gave that little mouth-breather Steve Matai a good solid touch up. He's had that one coming for months.

Suitman

Post Whore
Poupou Escobar said:
On a positive note, we gave that little mouth-breather Steve Matai a good solid touch up. He's had that one coming for months.

True Snowy, but I still would have liked to have seen a Tahu or Hayne special hit on him. ;-)

Suity

Latest posts