What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Are we up for a fight??

V1er

Juniors
Jake the snake said:
We need these Battles. it's better than winning by 50 and then getting flogged in the GF..... 2001

Excatly, we need matches like last night to improve our mental toughness, whats putting 50 points on the broncos going to acheive? we smashed the tigers but couldnt follow it up.

richo74

Juniors
as a supporter id like to have one week where i can feel safe after halftime rather then heart in mouth stuff every week

_goParra

Juniors
V1er said:
Excatly, we need matches like last night to improve our mental toughness, whats putting 50 points on the broncos going to acheive? we smashed the tigers but couldnt follow it up.

yesterday's match was not a battle, a battle is when we face a full strength side who are on their game, and we compete for the entire match. Yesterday's match was more of a lost opprotunity to put points on brisbane. we should have been up by 20+ in the first half, yet we let broncos come back.

A battle would be like the game against st george in 2005 where the loss actually created more confidence in the team.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
eels_fan_01 said:
You dont think Nathan Hindmarsh doesnt show the team how to win with determination?

As good a player as he is, I don't think much of him as a leader.

Obviously whenever we win he plays well but I've never seen him step it up a gear and win us a big game.

Hindmarsh's strength is consistency - minute to minute, week to week, year after year.

But he just doesn't seem to inspire people.

eels_fan_01

Bench
Poupou Escobar said:
As good a player as he is, I don't think much of him as a leader.

Obviously whenever we win he plays well but I've never seen him step it up a gear and win us a big game.

Hindmarsh's strength is consistency - minute to minute, week to week, year after year.

But he just doesn't seem to inspire people.

Making 40 tackles doesnt inspire people?? Thats friggin stupid.

Eelementary

Post Whore
_goParra said:
yesterday's match was not a battle, a battle is when we face a full strength side who are on their game, and we compete for the entire match. Yesterday's match was more of a lost opprotunity to put points on brisbane. we should have been up by 20+ in the first half, yet we let broncos come back.

A battle would be like the game against st george in 2005 where the loss actually created more confidence in the team.

Based on what?

Yes, we butchered a few tries in the first half. But Brisbane's forward pack was still awesome - how did you come to the conclusion that we should have thumped them?

_goParra

Juniors
brisbane minus lockyer, hunt, hodges, tate

Those kind of butchered tries may cost us dearly in crunch games.

eels_fan_01

Bench
_goParra said:
brisbane minus lockyer, hunt, hodges, tate

Those kind of butchered tries may cost us dearly in crunch games.

And the trys that we saved yesterday may win as a game in a crunch game.

Eelementary

Post Whore
Everyone babbles endlessly about Brisbane's losses...But what about ours?

We were missing our best kick-returning winger, and the NRL's top pointscorer and top goal kicker.

Eelectrica

Referee
Against the Broncos, the worst thing that happened to us was half time. We had all the momentum leading into the half time break.

The Broncos took momentum in the 2nd half and improved their play dramatically. Sometimes when momentum shifts, it's hard to get it back.

I also think this so called weak Broncos team will destroy the sharks by 20+ this weekend.

lucablight

First Grade
We haven't been playing well. So far we've been thrashed by the Knights, literally managed to hold on in the last second against Souths and similarly only just survived against an understrength Broncos.

Stagger eel

Staff member
lucablight said:
We haven't been playing well. So far we've been thrashed by the Knights, literally managed to hold on in the last second against Souths and similarly only just survived against an understrength Broncos.

I agree, but I think the last 2 wins have shown that we can grind it out if we have to, hopefully wins like these can prepare us for the business end but I haven't been overly happy with our lack of commitment for the full 80 in the last couple of weeks despite being a vast improvement from the week before.

forward pass

Coach
The disappointing thing about the last two weeks is we led 14 nil at halftime in both matches. And in both games - it should have been much more.

And we let the opposition back in both times. We are VERY lucky not to have lost two straight games after leading 14 nil. Maybe the opposition deserve credit but we just didn't show that mongrel and put them away. (and we rarely do)

eels_fan_01

Bench
So we win by alot.....and then someone posted this thread saying we cant win close games now in the same thread people are complaining that we won a close game. That makes alot of sense.

Broncos on Monday night were in my opinion still better than over half the teams over the weekend despite having a few players out.

lucablight

First Grade
The commentators alluded to it before and during the game. I don't think we are up for a fight at the moment. Pretty much every time Manly got the ball in front of our goal line they scored. When the going got tough in the 2nd half we let in two quick tries instead of putting the nail in the coffin and subsequently fell apart and lost it 24-6.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Another very dissapointing second half fade out, we can never seem to win the big moments in matches. Just before halftime we some really good chances to nearly put the game out of reach but we couldn't do it. And just after halftime we we're sh*thouse. We have the talent there to really give this comp a shake but unfortatley we don't have the attitude or toughness to win thoses big games.

_goParra

Juniors
eels_fan_01 said:
So we win by alot.....and then someone posted this thread saying we cant win close games now in the same thread people are complaining that we won a close game. That makes alot of sense.

Broncos on Monday night were in my opinion still better than over half the teams over the weekend despite having a few players out.

still disagree with what I say??

Latest posts