What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Are you a member of your club?

Are you a club member?

• yes

Votes: 113 86.3%
  • no

Votes: 18 13.7%

• Total voters

Canard

Immortal
Helps me with the AFL grand final wich I follow as well. I am a sports lover first and foremost. Not to mention helps with the Boxing Day test!

Locky do you live in Brisbane?

If so how is that you CANT AFFORD a Broncos season ticket, but can afford to buy a membership for a ground that is 2000 km away to watch two or three games a year??

I live in Melbourne and you cant just "join" the MCC like you can buy a season ticket.

And everyone who is an MCC member can EASILY afford $200 or $300 for a season ticket. It costs $200 just to go on the waiting list of the MCC which is something like 200,000 people at the moment.

Last edited:

If so how is that you CANT AFFORD a Broncos season ticket, but can afford to buy a membership for a ground that is 2000 km away to watch two or three games a year??

I live in Melbourne and you cant just "join" the MCC like you can buy a season ticket.

And everyone who is an MCC member can EASILY afford $200 or $300 for a season ticket. It costs $200 just to go on the waiting list of the MCC which is something like 200,000 people at the moment.

Simple, he's not a member of anything. Possibly the Super Adventure Club, but nothing to do with sport.

Coaster

Bench
A bloke I did work for in Melbourne has applied for membership at the MCG, he said it was for his kids as it takes about 12 years to get it, and another couple before it's a full membership.

So I call BS

meltiger

First Grade
lol @ Locky

I voted yes, have I think (don't use it very often obviously so don't really care) a 12 gamer for WT, and definitly a 12 gamer for the Storm. Both just the GA packs though. If was living in Sydney would go for a higher category Tigers one.

Tha'ts under the scheme promoted by the NRL clubs.

Forget how many years I have been a $11 member @ Balmain but I qualified years ago for voting rights so it's quite a few now.

meltiger

First Grade
I wonder how many bandwagoners that just hopped on I have to compete with now for tix to the next games should/when we make it?

Thing is, at the end of the day, it's gaurenteed income for the club next year, based on this years performance.

I'll admit I had the same thoughts as you, but I thought ticketed members were gaurenteed a GF ticket in the re-release in GF week if they haven't already bought in the initial allocation, so it shouldn't really matter?

Anything that increases the membership total and in turn, the $$$ the JV is making has to be a positive?

I am a member of WT.

It is great, especially the home games, where you are sitting among your own.

Plus yu are directly supporting your club.

joshreading

Staff member
Storm Member - I forget the name :) - purple something. Non-ticketed membership. Cost too much (80 bucks) to get nearly nothing but at the end of the day it is about helping the club survive and thrive.

_Johnsy

Referee

2 options

he is lying or;

he's your typical fickle bronco fan

Private jets, escapedes to Milan and LA, high powered vacuum cleaners powerful enough to lift a bowling ball off the ground, house renovations and exclusive MCC membership but the little old Broncos membership puts a strain on the budget.

Panther_Daz

Staff member
Private jets, escapedes to Milan and LA, high powered vacuum cleaners powerful enough to lift a bowling ball off the ground, house renovations and exclusive MCC membership but the little old Broncos membership puts a strain on the budget.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

hybrid_tiger

Coach
I am. Have been for a few years, except refused to renew last yr due to being unhappy with the way the club was going. Renewed this year when we signed Tuqiri, as that showed we were at least ambitious on the market and based on that was happy to become a member again.

Apey

Staff member
I am. Have been for a few years, except refused to renew last yr due to being unhappy with the way the club was going. Renewed this year when we signed Tuqiri, as that showed we were at least ambitious on the market and based on that was happy to become a member again.

Will you remain a member when the club resigns Sheens again?

Red Bear

Referee
Dont forget his wife and kid!

Latest posts