What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Are you sick of the Hype???

franklin2323

Immortal
I am so sick of the hype around Parra. There was pictures of the players on the Harbour Bridge Where was that last year??? I don't like Manly either but what makes Parra so special. No Other team has had so much stuff written about them

Goddo

Bench
There are Storm promotion going on too. Slater was on one pilon of the bridge, Hayne the other.

All the attention is good for the game. People have been whinging about the lack of support for NRL in Sydney, and how AFL does it better.

The main reason this didn't occur last year but is happening now is that the NRL are trying really hard this year (and hopefully in future years) to make grand final week an event, to make it a spectacle they can sell, which helps the game.

They were talking about it before the season started, so it would have happened regardless of who made it.

EDIT: On the media side, News Corp is promoting the Sh*t out of this grandfinal, trying to help the NRL generate interest and make grand final week an event. In Sydney, it is obviously Parra related, but in Melbourne the paper is really getting behind the Storm. Good. Why can't they do it all year is my question.

Last edited:

MattJ

Juniors
I think the fact that parra came from nowhere to make the GF and also the exciting style of footy they have been playing have made them a good news story, no onevexpected them to make the 8 let alone the GF.
If anything its a good thing, its all good publicity,something the game didnt get a hell of a lot of this season.

And just quietly, Manly have never been the most well liked team by other sydney fans, they were never going to get the bandwagon that other sydney clubs can generate deep into the finals.

forward pass

Coach
Mate the Eels have captured peoples imaginations, so what is wrong with the media going along with it.

We should be thankful there is at least one Sydney team in the GF - remember the week before Storm v Broncos. Yawn !!!!!!!

Here is Rugby League being promoted on an icon known the world over - and you want to bitch about it. It is bloody fantastic!!!

Panfas

Juniors
Doesnt matter what team you support, Rugby League is finally getting some great publicity in the media! Would you rather the media return to the negative headlines? Would you still be sick of the hype if it was Penrith and not Parra in the final???

1 Eyed TEZZA

Coach
Doesnt hurt having the Premier of NSW a die hard NSW fan. If he is partially responsible for all this good stuff, I might consider voting for him. ;)

Lambretta

First Grade
I think the media coverage is great. It's creating a real buzz around the game and that's exactly what we need.

To be honest, I actually read far more last year on Manly than I have for this match up - but that was because I had more time on my hands that week than this.

I did love reading all the info on Moi Moi in the SMH yesterday and how getting hit by him was the equivalent of catching a 20kg bag of cement dropped off a 22metre high building. Whooska. Get that inta ya!

maccattack

Juniors
Geez its only a week. :roll:

If I had my way it would be the leading news headline AROUND THE WORLD!!

franklin2323

Immortal
Is this guy fishing? Must be, or he really doesn't like Parramatta...

No. Where was this last year for Manly?? Would it be the same for Bulldogs if they won. All teams not just 1.

By all means promote it but there's 2 teams not just Parra. The whole last 10 weeks all you read is Parra. Where was this support in round 18 when they were 14th??

mickdo

Coach
Sour grapes much? FMD, we're in the GF after being 3rd last in mid year! Would you prefer it if the media was focussing on the start of the NBL season instead? Unbelievable :crazy:

Ridders

Coach
Its just nice to see all forms of Sydney media get behind RL for a change. Tbh i don't think we'd have had the same build up if the Dogs had made it. Good for Parra.

Latest posts