What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Are you sick of the Hype???

Parra aren't the only team in this state but the last 10 weeks you could of thought so

Says something for them then doesn't it?

Media will only print what they think will sell.

Fact is they have:

- played in arguably two of the best games of the season (Tigers and Bulldogs Final)
- put together the biggest form turnaround in recent memory
- seen one of the most bitter power-struggles at a boardroom level
- defied expectations to reach the finals
- defied all expectations to perform well in the finals
- reached the GF against all these odds
- the currently rated best player in the world
- an enigmatic cult figure forward in Fui
- a tireless, popular clubman busting his arse to get a GF win in Hindy
- long suffering fans, who are desperate for a premiership

And above all, over the last 10 weeks, they have been playing the most exciting brand of football in the competition.

Plenty of stories amongst that = plenty of coverage.

Keep it coming, I say!

Doug2234

First Grade
Yeah im a little over Hayne and Moi Moi but its good to see positive stories.

I think your just a little pissed off that your team isnt there!!

muznik

Juniors
Going in to last weeks game it was likely and turned out to be Hazem's last game. All the media and stuff was all Eels last time I looked Bulldogs were sydney also. Same with the Dragons the 2 weeks before.

Now the Government is footing the bill for The Live site. Parra aren't the only team in this state but the last 10 weeks you could of thought so

Suck it up princess!

As everyone else has said its GF week and there is only one Sydney (NSW) team vs one from Melbourne (Vic).
Parra were written off to be in the running for the spoon 3 months ago!
Makes it pretty easy for other supporters to jump on the Parra bandwagon.
Besides...everyone has a little Parra support hiding deep down in them somewhere :lol:

Eels Dude

Coach
Going in to last weeks game it was likely and turned out to be Hazem's last game. All the media and stuff was all Eels last time I looked Bulldogs were sydney also. Same with the Dragons the 2 weeks before.

Now the Government is footing the bill for The Live site. Parra aren't the only team in this state but the last 10 weeks you could of thought so

The Bulldogs have been playing well all season and there has been plenty of hype about them all season. Parramatta are getting the hype they are getting because they've turned from potential wooden spooners to premiers in 2 months. Something like that does not happen very often. The Dogs are sort of in a similar position but not the same extent, while the Dragons choked and copped the criticism for it. The Eels are the feel good story of 2009, same as Tigers in '05, and Panthers in '03. I don't understand what you re whingeing about.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
What for me is the best part, living in Brisbane, is that the lovely folks up here are talking about it too.

plenty of Parra V Storm talk around, and there is plenty of media coverage.

Considering no QLD team that is great

ozjet1

Doesnt hurt having the Premier of NSW a die hard NSW fan. If he is partially responsible for all this good stuff, I might consider voting for him. ;)

an incompetent moron as a fan isnt a great advertisement for parramatta.

re the hype: was flicking thru the daily rag today and id say 90% of the articles are all feel good BS about players f**ked off from other clubs getting another chance at parra, young players maturing and coming good, how hayne scores a try in the week after getting his hair cut, blah, blah, blah. f**king spare me. nothing insightful from any regular DT writer at all. and one article that does make an attempt at breaking down the GF with an analysis of where each team scores and concedes tries is just a blatant rip off of 'the footy show' masterclass.

the DT must think that the people of sydney are that dumb. hang on, perhaps we all are.

ozjet1

I dont care what the papers say, most of Sydney wanted to see Manly lose that day, most of Sydney were dissapointed.

yep, most of sydney preferred to see a team owned by the company who ripped the game apart for its own profit-making agenda, rather than a team loyal to the game. this town is definately f**king dumb.

i hope parra smash the merkins.

franklin2323

Immortal
Yeah im a little over Hayne and Moi Moi but its good to see positive stories.

I think your just a little pissed off that your team isnt there!!

Nah. I am used to it now. I am actually going to the game. I was prepared to read the stories about the Dragons, Manly, Bulldogs and Parra. Sadly we haven't heard too much about the 1st 3 just the Eels.

It's The NRL not NRL featuring Parra some would make you feel it is

Sugar

Bench
No different to any other team....... wait for the day Souths get back in the GF. :lol:

No bandwagon big enough would exist to accomadate us , if we build it they will come.

I have never seen so many Parra jerseys out in the street before it's great for the game

Sleep

Juniors
To be honest I think the build up this year has been tame. I don't think there's been as much coverage as years gone past.

Parra are getting all the attention here in Sydney though simply because they're the only team in the area left. How stupid would it be if they were covering Melbourne?

Parra have been the form team and if they focused on the Roosters and the Sharks who'd care really? Canterbury had gotten plenty of coverage all year till they bumbled their way out of the finals. The media will just cover what the popular story is.

Eels Dude

Coach
No bandwagon big enough would exist to accomadate us , if we build it they will come.

I have never seen so many Parra jerseys out in the street before it's great for the game

Get over yourself Souths fan. If Souths make a grand final in the coming years it will be massive and I hope it happens. Let's not turn this into a 'my club' vs 'your club', who will get more hype. Just enjoy the ride, the same way most logical thinking supporters will do when the Bunnies do get there.

mickdo

Coach
Nah. I am used to it now. I am actually going to the game. I was prepared to read the stories about the Dragons, Manly, Bulldogs and Parra. Sadly we haven't heard too much about the 1st 3 just the Eels.

It's The NRL not NRL featuring Parra some would make you feel it is

Who's in the Grand Final? Seriously dude, build a bridge...

big country

Juniors
history will show that when souths were on their knees 10 years ago the club Parramatta delighted in our misfortune - the only thing I can see wrong about Melbourne is that they are part owned by News Ltd. Therefore, yes - I am sick of the hype and hope a Storm like no other destroys Parramatta on Sunday

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Get over yourself Souths fan. If Souths make a grand final in the coming years it will be massive and I hope it happens. Let's not turn this into a 'my club' vs 'your club', who will get more hype. Just enjoy the ride, the same way most logical thinking supporters will do when the Bunnies do get there.
To be fair he did not bring it up, simply expanded on a comment from a Parra man.

Eels Dude

Coach
history will show that when souths were on their knees 10 years ago the club Parramatta delighted in our misfortune - the only thing I can see wrong about Melbourne is that they are part owned by News Ltd. Therefore, yes - I am sick of the hype and hope a Storm like no other destroys Parramatta on Sunday

If you're going to make claims like that at least back it up with something solid. How the hell did Parramatta contribute to Souths getting kicked out of the comp? As a supporter of the Eels and also of the ARL, and who supported Souths when they attempted to regain entry, even attending their marches, an attitude like yours is completely misguided. No wonder you think opposition fans delighted in your misfortune when you're going to criticize a club and their fans for no reason at all. Get over it and grow up.

Latest posts