What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Are you sick of the Hype???

The Tank

Bench
TBH it's been a little bit better thanks to Parra fans but it still doesn't feel like GF week.

franklin2323

Immortal
Sour grapes much? FMD, we're in the GF after being 3rd last in mid year! Would you prefer it if the media was focussing on the start of the NBL season instead? Unbelievable :crazy:

It's not sour grapes good luck to them. But how about EVEN coverage Both games vs Dragons 1 sided, Bulldogs game 1 sided Tigers game 1 sided all games had both Sydney teams in. Promote the game not 1 team.

Where was Manly's live site last year and the year before??? That's my point

drake

First Grade
FMD.

Some people will bitch about anything.

All the pro-Parra stuff is great for the game in Sydney. Hopefully it will annoy the Victorians enough to get behind the filth from Melbourne.

Jason Maher

Immortal
Throughly sick of the Parra hype, but when I consider the alternative to them winning is another premiership for the purple scum, I think I can live with it. ;-)

The whole last 10 weeks all you read is Parra. Where was this support in round 18 when they were 14th??

Think you just answered your own question while asking it.

Looking woeful and miserable at 14th, on to the GF with 10/11 wins, in the same season.

Cindarella gets a dance at the ball after all and the majority of the public are happy to hear about it.

ManlyMania

Juniors
As a manly fan i thought there was big hype last year and they did that whole sydney v melbourne thing and suprisingly a lot of people got behind us (never thought id see the day but it happened) - this years is bigger coz its parra but i wont be cheering them - GO STORM!

1 Eyed TEZZA

Coach
I dont care what the papers say, most of Sydney wanted to see Manly lose that day, most of Sydney were dissapointed.

franklin2323

Immortal
As a manly fan i thought there was big hype last year and they did that whole sydney v melbourne thing and suprisingly a lot of people got behind us (never thought id see the day but it happened) - this years is bigger coz its parra but i wont be cheering them - GO STORM!

Exactly This year is more 1 sided even more so then 05 when the Tigers made it. It was nothing like this

betcats

Referee
i dont mind it, but i sort of hope the storm put 50 on em. I have parra fans comin out the woodwork everywhere I go.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
While I despise Parramatta, any and all media saturation is great. Billboards, posters, anything they can possibly do to lift RL's profile.

Cupid Stunt

Where is all this promotion? In all honesty I can't say I've seen that much. I mean you can't include the news on TV or the sport section of the paper as that'd be like whinging you went to KFC & all they had was chicken. I'm actually surprised the saturation hasn't been greater.

Eels Dude

Coach
No. Where was this last year for Manly?? Would it be the same for Bulldogs if they won. All teams not just 1.

By all means promote it but there's 2 teams not just Parra. The whole last 10 weeks all you read is Parra. Where was this support in round 18 when they were 14th??

What the hell do you expect? Why would you think the Sydney media would think the Sydney public would get excited about a Melbourne side making a grand final? Of course Parramatta are going to get the headlines.

It's just a feelgood story. The fact the Eels have come from 3rd last to grand finalists in the space of 2 months is a great promotion for the game. The fact the Eels have turned themselves around off the field as well adds to this. I think the support would be the same for the Bulldogs if they'd won last week, as they've done the same both on and off the field and the Hazem factor also. Quit your whingeing.

franklin2323

Immortal
What the hell do you expect? Why would you think the Sydney media would think the Sydney public would get excited about a Melbourne side making a grand final? Of course Parramatta are going to get the headlines.

It's just a feelgood story. The fact the Eels have come from 3rd last to grand finalists in the space of 2 months is a great promotion for the game. The fact the Eels have turned themselves around off the field as well adds to this. I think the support would be the same for the Bulldogs if they'd won last week, as they've done the same both on and off the field and the Hazem factor also. Quit your whingeing.

Going in to last weeks game it was likely and turned out to be Hazem's last game. All the media and stuff was all Eels last time I looked Bulldogs were sydney also. Same with the Dragons the 2 weeks before.

Now the Government is footing the bill for The Live site. Parra aren't the only team in this state but the last 10 weeks you could of thought so

Latest posts