What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Are you strong enough?

thickos

First Grade
I don't need to re-iterate how bad a week we have had. Joel to the Roosters, Wiki to the Warriors, Statue to Wigan. It seems we could have kept Ruben if we bought him a car. :shock: Then we cop a mother of a hiding to a red-hot Panthers side.

Usual response - sharpen the knives. The players are shit, sack Judas, Elliott has to go.

The way I look at it, there are two ways to deal with adversity. There is the soft option - to fall apart. To start bickering, to start pinning the blame on people. To call for radical changes. To give up on the idea of 'patience' and act irrationally and reactively. I think on the field the Raiders did that last night. I hope that is not what is happening in the boardroom.

But I think that is happening amongst the fan base.

I say we choose the second way to deal with adversity - to face it and make us stronger. Use the fact that those players are leaving as motivation to send them out a winner. To see the silver lining that gun youngsters like Nathan Smith will fill the void. To HAVE FAITH that Elliott and co. will do the job.

Last night was not good but I think the only way to stay positive is to treat it as an aberration. Look at 3 weeks ago against Brisbane, one of the great wins in recent times. It can be done. We know we are better than last night's effort, and the key point is that unless the Raiders stay united you can write off more than this season. Never forget the old motto 'disunity is death.'

So get out there and go to a game. Go to several games. Scream your lungs out for the Raiders. Go and thank the players after a game, or go and say hi. Send an email of encouragement. Do something. Just don't get negative. Because its just a downward spiral from there.

Its easy to be negative. But are you strong enough to be positive??

Some of you may think I'm a gibbering idiot. But I will never let the faith that the Raiders can get the job done waver.

HAVE FAITH IN THE GREEN MACHINE! :clap:

I thought you were going to recite Cher's lyrics... ;-)

Good stuff thickos, agree 100% as usual. I really get tired of defending against the negativity. Anyone on this forum has the ability to have their own opinion, it's when others start forcing it on everyone else that really pisses me off.

Bay56

First Grade
Raiders 2004 said:
Totally Agree Thickos! :clap: I hope the lot of you here read this, and wake up to yourselfs, ie: Bay56!! ;-)

Yep, just woken up ... excuse me while I just bend down and place my head in the sand again ...

but then again thats the sort of reaction you expected from me, huh 2004.

Raider Azz

Bench
Some of you may think I'm a gibbering idiot
No, the gibbering idiot is the bloke in the Viking hat and face paint who was heaping sh*t on Joel and Rhino, remember? ;-) :lol:

I agree 100% :clap:

jed

First Grade
Yes, I agree too - I have faith.

I also believe that thickos is a gibbering idiot, but that's mainly because he's a good mate. :lol:

TiTTieS_[CNTDN]

Juniors
Hey thickos... Do you reckon you could give the coidals (oops, just went and checked that and it's actually colloids) the flick and become a journalist for the Raiders? Your comments/thoughts are always spot on and your writing is easy to read - it would make a change to the tripe we read from half the media sources - esp the sydney media.

thickos

First Grade
TiTTieS said:
Hey thickos... Do you reckon you could give the coidals (oops, just went and checked that and it's actually colloids) the flick and become a journalist for the Raiders? Your comments/thoughts are always spot on and your writing is easy to read - it would make a change to the tripe we read from half the media sources - esp the sydney media.

Well I do write the 'View From The Hill' which gets a guernsey on the Raiders website when I can be bothered to write it. ;-) However its easy writing to you guys - its like preaching to the converted. I'm sure if I sent something to the editors of the Telegraph or something the reply would be 'doesn't fit our agenda'

Thanks for the support though. :)

Raider_69

Post Whore
ive been out drinking since saturday night and only just got home
bagging the team out has been done before and i really cant be f**ked doing it again... looks like faith is the only option left :lol:

jed

First Grade
:clap: :clap: :clap:

Once you're back, you'll see that things aren't as bad as some people are making out. And we don't make you decide on culling our native fauna (although 56, just for the record, I'm in favour).

thickos

First Grade
Well all of us are prone to get negative at times. I've come on here and blasted some of the boys. But its a matter of picking yourself up again and preparing for next week.

When I think back to Saturday's game I think that yes, we were outplayed, but the opening 20 was ok, toots got held up, moggy's no-try, could have been different. Yes it wasn't different, but something to build on. It wasn't 100-0 or something.

mike83au

Juniors
And we did hold them out in the last 20mins or so & score one ourselves... so it's not all gloom or doom..

Unfortunately we were blown away twice, in a very short space of time....

Bay56

First Grade
This is the last I will be commenting on this matter for a little while ... but here is my spray ...

Here you all are, clapping each other and giving yourselves a pat on the back.

Look at the crowd figures at Bruce guys ... forget about us, the true supporters ... when you start to loose the extras and fringe supporters to the rival code you are on the slide ... no supporters means no respect, no decent sponsors and eventually no friggin team.

All because people such yourselves are willing to accept mediocrity and have a propensity to ignore all the danger signals. You are all quite content to let the lunatics run the asylum.

"Things will get better" dont you worry ..... and comments from 2004 "wake up to yourselves" with a direct reference to myself.

I'm hoping things are going to turn around as well but quite frankly I'm not going to bury my head in the sand and accept the bullsh!t that management serves up and comments from the head coach that he didnt think we played all that bad after being thrashed in an all important game that would have given us a chance at a top 4 position.

If you guys are willing to accept that in the the final years of a "five year plan" thats fine .... I can understand how you think my sprays are whinging.

Quite frankly I dont accept it and as a concerned supporter nor should I.

Until someone gets my back up thats the last I'll say for a while.