What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ARLC still 'Sydney-centric'

Perth Red

Post Whore
Way to miss the point and get back on Your soapbox, I actually agree with you, the qrl missed the point, it isn't sydney centric, the process was autoctratic and non consultative. If they are going to be critical they should have focused on that.

No one has yet answered my question about how Grant could be shocked by the revelation, he must have been aware there was no consultation with anyone.

no name

Coach
I think the issue isn't that the QRL, and CRL etc etc, didn't get to write the documents, but, as Perth Red said, that there was no consultation and that the finished product has shown up as a fait accompli. Certainly, if that happened in my line of work there would be uproar.

Given the history of rugby league in Australia has had lot of self-interest running the show for years (Arko and Manly, anyone? Changing the Origin schedule to "swap" a home game just as Queensland is coming up to a eight-peat anyone? A million examples exist from the last hundred and a bit years) you'd think that the ARLC would be going out of there way to show that there is actually some form of corporate governance trumping self-interest.

The fact that the people from Sydney here are the ones who think there isn't a problem that everyone else can see is probably verification enough.

Arko? The man who introduced each non NSW club besides Melbourne and Adelaide?
You're a f**king idiot.

Loudstrat

Coach
Grant farmed it out at a committe meeting to some underling running a think tank of Uni grads with short skirts. Then he went and played golf, knowing he'd get some glossy report in a few months. Some weeks later, while dining on a smoked salmon and caviar bagel overlooking a ritzy Spanish beach, he took a call from the Paranoia Ward at a Brisbane hospital, where he QRL board reside................

Western_Eel

Juniors
Are the QRL actually unhappy with the plan? Or are they just having a whinge that the weren't consulted?

Knightmare

Coach
f**k Queensland. Queensland needs to understand Rugby League is Sydney-centric. The NRL is Sydney-centric.

Queenslanders should be thankful that they're even welcome in our game.

Bugger off. People like you are the reason there are still Qlders who believe NSW fans are "arrogant".

gallagher

Juniors
I would have called it The ARLC Blueprint. The hillbillies wouldnt have minded that would they?

Loudstrat

Coach
lol clever!

It would have to come with a CD with someone reading it, and a "ding" to let them know when to turn the page.