What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ARMY to the gong!!

The Major

Bench
........ .......................................tumbleweed.........................

:lol::lol::lol: Thats the locals reaction anyways!

Definately a no brainer there my good man. Will see you there! Saints by 13+.

AJ_82

Juniors
What about the Mockery challenge last month? MASSIVE dragon fan turnout... haha not.

LOL Stel - everytime we go there we get told off by certain sections of the Hill, so its not as much fun as it may otherwise be (plus half the army won't travel for the home game away from home!).

IF I still lived in Sydney I MIGHT have gone, however its not worth it to go to WIN lol

BRING ON ROUND 3 ALL f**kIN READY!!!

OurRedV

Juniors
I only go there to watch the beloved.

Shame about the "supporters" down there who time after time make the journey extremely regretful and painful.

anyways don't want to turn this into a WIN / GONG slaying thread, but I doubt it will ever change. The sooner we go back to playing 12 games @ KOGARAH the sooner we are undefeated @ home and truly put fear into the opposition when they are on the road.

petetheileet

First Grade
Since the joint venture i would be interested to see the percentages of games we win at both home grounds, i would think we have more success at WIN.

Plus more of the local boys come from the South side anyways, they deserve support down there.

PS i am a Sydney St George fan and always will be, we must respect and celebrate the Illawarra and all it has done for or joint venture club

OurRedV

Juniors
yeah NO sh*t sherlock, that's all fair and well however there is still bugger all "support" down there. I still go to the games but the hatred from the people there is beyond.

petetheileet

First Grade
yeah NO sh*t sherlock, that's all fair and well however there is still bugger all "support" down there. I still go to the games but the hatred from the people there is beyond.

Cant agree with you there mate...

You gta know a little of what ur saying mate

I rekon ive been to at least 15 - 20 games down at WIN since the merge and ive only ever really been dissapointed with the crowd maybe twice.

Disregarding SFS or SA games here are some facts:

Out of our top 10 crowd totals 8 of them are from WIN (Yes i am aware WIN holds about 1 - 1.5k more)

Of which the entire top 5 all at WIN all of which have been since 2004 (decent crowds recently)

Schedueling from the saints is always pro Kogarah. Just take at this years spread and think if all the games were at ANZ which games would get more ppl???? easily the kogarah ones

Think of all the big matches and when they have played at Kogarah, a lot of them during the day maybe a friday night, not usually a sat night and deservedly so they get the big games against the dogs, parra and the sharks.

You just need to look at the worst crowd figures at WIN to see evidence of this:

Cows, Wars, Raiders, Storm. Hardly local derbies with big opposition teams that travel. All these teams represent the 8 worst at WIN. and these are the teams WIN usually gets down there

Kogarah does have a better average crowd by less than 700ppl.... possibly insignificant.

I dont know how you can say 'hatred'

If you mean hatred towards league you really dont know what ur talkin about. One of my oldest mates recently moved down to wollongong and everyone is league crazy, they love it!

The women as well, everyone plays touch footy and i generally always see a great crowd when i am there.

The facts are with so many variables to crowd figures its a really foolish thing to say there is 'bugger all support' down there when there is absolutely no evidence for that.

Dont get me wrong i loove Kogarah and i would rather see a match there, but Wollongong has a huge fan base and they deserve their team to be playing there.

Just take me for example....id love to be going down their on sat night, but alas i got a 25th bday being a sat night. A Mate of mine would also love to be goin down but he has his own game to play that night.

However because of the Kogarah scheduling we both already have our tickets and are able to be there round 3 with bells on!

If anything Kogarah suffers a little from crowds given the opportunities it gets.

6 games a year at each unless something really significant happens to change that.

OurRedV

Juniors
Hatred as in hatred towards the Dragons, not so much Rugby League.

Truth be told, over the past 3 years we've had terrible attendance @ WIN. Is this because of the on field performances? I guess that plays a part...

Every SINGLE TIME we travel to WIN, we cop abuse from the so called "passionate" steelers fans. Little things like "sit down" when we're on a bloody hill and all of the rest of the abuse, really make die-hard fans question whether or not it's even worth putting up with that garbage at your own "home" ground.

In the stands - a somewhat different story.

I've only felt the hatred since standing on the hill at 100% of games, instead of spending some games in the stands.

The idea of a home ground is to go and feel like you're at home.

From my perspective, a lot needs to be done to bring that feeling back.

I'm not even talking about the draw or however many more local matches are played at Kogarah.

It's all about the attitude, and quite frankly it stinks...

Nitro

Juniors
I'm there, I live on the Central Coast and make every Dragons home game, and I try and get to a few away games each year as well :)

Love the Dragons, and fired up for the first home game!

Cheers,
Adam.

I live in Wollongong and I am disgusted with the lack of support from the locals. Admittedly I am a Saint George supporter through and through yet even as a resident of the Illawarra I have been met with such negativity about Saint George that I have entered into many debates with the locals.

As far as the crowds at WIN most of them travel down. Without those that travel it would be a lot worse.

We will be back playing 12 games at Kogarah sooner than most of us realise. I for one can't wait and when Rugby League is lost to the Illawarra and people down here start complaining, I will be the first to say "YOU BROUGHT IT UPON YOURSELVES"

big pat

Coach
there should be plenty of room on the hill, to please both parties, people can bring a rug and sit down the front, while people who want to stand can be up the back, no worries, we are all saints supporters after all.

Patto

Juniors
I live way out in the mountains and don't get to many games, but I will be there this Saturday night!!!! :D

I've never had any problems down at Wollongong when I've been there, I like it as a ground.

Obviously Kogarah is king of the Sydney grounds and should probably have a majority of the games, but WIN needs to be kept. It does get good crowds for the bigger teams (Brisbane, Manly etc) when the games are scheduled so they're not a 5.30 Saturday game!

Latest posts