What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Around the Grounds

Jono078

Referee
Two great results for us tonight. Basically need everyone around us to lose so we don’t fall too far behind when we lose to the Storm.

Jono078

Referee
They'll get a fresh Tedesco back for us though, which is obviously a huge boost for them.

Certainly there for the taking though!

God I just hope we do well tonight against the Storm - I'm not prepared to be annihilated by them.

Jono078

Referee
Roosters got away with one today, which is great for us for 2 reasons. Keeps the Cowboys below us and I'd much rather play the Roosters off a win than a loss.

Jono078

Referee
Anyone catch the Tigers doco?

One of Madge’s first post game comments to the team was body language, keep it positive at all times and don’t hang your head after 5 minutes etc.

f**k I’ve been banging on about that for a while now with certain players and their negative body language impacting the team. Maybe I should get into this coaching business.

Jono078

Referee
Raiders showed how you aim up to a top team, despite missing arguably their 2 best attacking players in Wighton and Charnze, not to mention Williams leaving early in the season... 3 first choice spine players missing.

If they make the 8 ahead of us, you can only applaud their efforts in getting the job done.

Yosh

Coach
Joey has us finishing 7th. We basically have the easiest run to the finals so I don't see why he would be wrong.

Apey

Staff member
Storm having an off game but their kicking game is still about 50x better than ours.

aqua_duck

Coach
Joey has us finishing 7th. We basically have the easiest run to the finals so I don't see why he would be wrong.
Problem is I think have zero confidence in us to win any of the games we'd be expected to win, also doesn't help that 2 of those games against titans and Broncos that would've been home games will now be away games

Jono078

Referee
Exactly. Our run looks great on paper and the problem with that is history would suggest the players probably think the same.

Honestly I would expect us to win at least 5 of our last 6 if we were fair dinkum, which we're not. But I still think even 3/6 is a failure.

We'll have an interesting off season coming up but I fear it'll be too late to sign anyone note worthy player wise after re-signing Mann and possible Fitz and then signing Gagai and slight chance of Finucane.

Maybe Klemmer will be used as trade bait, who knows.

Burwood

Bench
Still think Pearce is a chance of a move in the off season. A Sydney club will start sniffing around and offering a longer term deal than the one year Newcastle gave him.

perverse

Referee
Still think Pearce is a chance of a move in the off season. A Sydney club will start sniffing around and offering a longer term deal than the one year Newcastle gave him.
You can write next year off too if that happens for mine.

Imagine extending Mann and Fitzgibbon, and then letting the one guy that makes you look like a football team walk. Not sure Hages could even pull that one off.

aqua_duck

Coach
Watching manly attack really highlights to me where we're going wrong. Manly effortlessly shift the ball side to side, there a very, very few settlers when they're on a role, it's a non stop onslaught where as we try to make every single metre an arm wrestle. It's like Manly are fighting with predator drones and smart bombs and we're trying to use our bayonets in trench warfare

Latest posts