What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Around the Grounds

perverse

Referee
Doesn't sound like he's too popular amongst his new playing group. There was a shot during the game with the players huddled and Dom just standing out on his wing alone too.

Such a shame. I'm shameless enough that I'd still have him back if he's not happy with the move. Should have never f**ked with what was working for him so early in his career.

Mr_Knightside

Juniors
UNPOPULAR OPINION ALERT!

Not sure where else to put this but I think we do tend to go overboard on the negatives at times. I realise that’s due to 20ish years of mediocrity at the club but I actually think the team is going a bit better than what this forum gives credit for.

Ok we’re 2-4 which isn’t where we want to be at this stage but we’ve had arguably one of the hardest opening 6 weeks out of any team so far. Of the 4 games we’ve lost they’ve all been to teams that are in the top 8 and 3 of those have been by a combined total of 11 points. Our only real blow out loss was against the Raiders in round 1 and we’ve been way better every week since then.

Also in those losses, aside from the first 40 mins against the Cowboys we’ve played teams who have been playing well and I feel like we have played a pretty good 80 mins in most of those games. The last 3 weeks have been solid 80 minute performances and arguably the thing that has cost us the most has been the occasional loss of concentration.

Anyway I know this isn’t how everyone sees it and I accept that but I don’t think we should be too doom and gloom right now.

Woody90

Juniors
Not sure about anyone else, but I feel like the quality of the comp in general is really poor this year, especially compared to last year.

Some real stinker games.

Shows how bad we’re going to only have 2 wins!

Apey

Staff member
Not sure about anyone else, but I feel like the quality of the comp in general is really poor this year, especially compared to last year.

Some real stinker games.

Shows how bad we’re going to only have 2 wins!
Of course. Most open comp in a while and we've decided to plod along. In last year's form we'd be top 4.

Rod

Bench
The comp seems to be very even this year. Warriors fans are also currently tearing their hair out but fact is if you don't show up on the day any team can give you a touch up.

TBH unless you're the Panthers or Broncos the days of looking at the schedule and pencilling in wins are over.

Burwood

Bench
Every week it feels like we’re getting closer to giving Titans their first win of the season. They’ve got Warriors, Storm, Cowboys then finally us up at Suncorp….

Apey

Staff member
Every week it feels like we’re getting closer to giving Titans their first win of the season. They’ve got Warriors, Storm, Cowboys then finally us up at Suncorp….
They'd beat the Cowboys next week if they played them. They're as bad as us.

Rod

Bench
The Warriors are so far in a not too dissimilar spot from us (apart from their best player getting a long injury layoff).

Great year last year with a lot of expectations, but some of their players regressing back to the players they were before the purple patch last year.

Woody90

Juniors
The Warriors are so far in a not too dissimilar spot from us (apart from their best player getting a long injury layoff).

Great year last year with a lot of expectations, but some of their players regressing back to the players they were before the purple patch last year.

They have a side that can win the comp but their last few games have been really underwhelming. We’ll no doubt play them back into form.

I hope Hastings and Gamble are watching Walker’s kicking game today. I don’t usually rate him highly but he’s got it on a string today. Every kick putting the Dragons under pressure. What we're sorely lacking.

Latest posts