What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Around the Grounds

Burwood

Bench
Is this the first Origin game in a while that no Knights players are taking part?
I think you need to go back to the dark days of 2018. Ponga came off the bench in game 3 to make his debut, but don’t think anyone played the 2 games in the series prior. Gagai was a staple in the side, but was in his stint at Souths. Think Klemmer joined us the year after.

Burwood

Bench
Barney making the squad is awesome though.

I got really excited when I saw the video of Webster announcing his selection to the whole team after the game- wasn’t until later that I realised he’d only been named as the 20th member of the squad.

By the time he retires, hopefully his origin career is a bit more impressive than Chris Houston who was once named as the 19th man.

Yosh

Coach
I think I'll always be a fan of Barnett and Watson for some reason. I'm on the fence with Dom. I secretly hope he comes back like Gagai did. I hate Ramien with a passion though.

Mr_Knightside

Juniors
Look on the bright side. We will possibly have company in the three consecutive spoons department. The difference being our road out of hell was clearer.
Yeah the Tigers are trying really hard to take our mantle of worst team of the last 2 decades. At least they’ve got Luai coming next year. I’d be surprised if he doesn’t move the needle a fair bit in the right direction.

Knight Tales

Bench
Yeah the Tigers are trying really hard to take our mantle of worst team of the last 2 decades. At least they’ve got Luai coming next year. I’d be surprised if he doesn’t move the needle a fair bit in the right direction.
I would like to see Luai succeed there. He may actually grow up and stop trying to be a bad guy on field. It is all show with him. It will be a damn shame if his career is defined by that.

macavity

Referee
Luai is dismissed because he has played in awful origin sides and hasn't clicked at that level.

He is a top shelf half and getting better. Probably the third best half in the comp after Cleary and DCE, and DCE has maybe 2 years left.

Fantastic signing by the Tigers, turn-your-club-around level signing. Wish we had somehow gone hard for him.

Burwood

Bench
My opinion of Luai changed a bit for the better last year when he took over at Penrith with Cleary injured. Luai, Bula, Api and Galvin (if he hangs around) will be a very strong spine going into the future.

Yosh

Coach
My opinion of Luai changed a bit for the better last year when he took over at Penrith with Cleary injured. Luai, Bula, Api and Galvin (if he hangs around) will be a very strong spine going into the future.
Looks a ton better than ours that's for sure.

The tigers have build a decent spine for 2025 but their front row (outside of Stefano who is 1 foot out the door) and outside backs are pure trash.

Yosh

Coach
Wouldn't be surprised if both Watson and Barnett get an Origin spot. But I really hope Ramien doesn't. Hate that guy.

Zoidberg

First Grade
Wouldn't be surprised if both Watson and Barnett get an Origin spot.
That’s what Watson got promised when he joined the roosters.
I do like both Watson and Barny, and they mostly put in heaps of effort for us, so I’m happy for them if they makes the team.