What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Around the Grounds

Woody90

Juniors
One thing I’ve noticed watching the Dogs vs Sharks game: both sides really get up off their line in defence to put pressure on the opposition. No idea why we never do that.

Yosh

Coach
One thing I’ve noticed watching the Dogs vs Sharks game: both sides really get up off their line in defence to put pressure on the opposition. No idea why we never do that.
I think the games we are competitive (regardless of win of lose) we have great line speed. The games we don't, we get hammered.

Our line speed drops off because we get gassed. We get gassed because we are constantly losing the position and possession battle because our kicking game is so woeful.
100%

to paraphrase Jurbo in post SOO interview "the kicking game is half the battle out there"

Yosh

Coach
Sharks look garbage again. Reckon they will fall out of the top four? Feeling good about our chances of finishing top 6!

Rod

Bench
As it stands roughly 1 win separates 5th from 13th, and with the Sharks in a bit of a freefall as well, anything is possible.

Looking at the teams around us and no reason why we can't go on a run similar to last year.

ryan.a87

Juniors
Latrell ruled out of origin 3

you would assume Best goes straight in…..only 2 others that could have a chance are Burton and to a lesser extent Turbo

Woody90

Juniors
Can’t read the story as don’t have a subscription but Herald Sun running a story that Slater’s set to make 4 changes to the QLD side, one of which is racing Ponga back in (can’t read if bench or FB) :(

ryan.a87

Juniors
Ponga skipped origin last year to focus on knights because he missed so many games, why would this year be any different? Understand it’s only one game…..but still

perverse

Referee
Ponga skipped origin last year to focus on knights because he missed so many games, why would this year be any different? Understand it’s only one game…..but still
If he does play for QLD I would say it's because there's a feeling that he might not get another opportunity to get his jersey back if he doesn't take it now.

Woody90

Juniors
Yeah, I feel like ruling yourself out of 2 consecutive series is basically saying don’t ever pick me again.

He did the right thing ruling himself out last year but he doesn’t owe us anything now IMO. He might not get an opportunity to win a comp here so he should at least have the opportunity to be involved in as many rep games as possible.

I don’t really want him to get picked, but if he does I don’t begrudge him playing.