What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Artie no show

scuzzi

Juniors
He will regret it. There are problems in the game but him missing a huge event like this isn't going to make any difference. Poor time to bring that stuff up anyway.

innsaneink

Referee
He WILL regret it one day.
Everythings always changing, (not always for the better) growing older is easier once you accept that

Mr Saab

Referee
Turning into another Neil Harvey but from a different angle. Arthur's no show is going to hurt no one but himself.

Goey Man

Juniors
Turning into another Neil Henry but from a different angle. Arthur's no show is going to hurt no one but himself.

Bingo, I wonder if in twenty years or so will he look back at a picture of the living players picked, not see himself there and regret not being there.

bartman

Immortal
I don't think Artie's going to be hurt or regret not turning up at a dinner he doesn't want to go to anyway - after all it's his choice!

His idea about turning the special dinner into an open fan event was a good one...

Once Dead

Bench
I don't think Artie's going to be hurt or regret not turning up at a dinner he doesn't want to go to anyway - after all it's his choice!

His idea about turning the special dinner into an open fan event was a good one...

Very true.......that would have been freakin' awesome to see a sea of colour with everyone wearing a league jersey

Give his gong to someone who will take pride in turning up regardless and appreciate it!

It's about picking the greatest team not who falls into line with the corporate image. I don't think Artie is just bitching here. Right or wrong he thinks his actions are correct and he genuinely gives a sh*t about the game. I agree with the rest that he may regret it later on.
Cheers

sooperdooper

First Grade
Artie is a big sook...
he needs to look at the bigger picture. This is not only hurting himself, but his image as well
dont turn into a Dawn Fraser Artie

How is not going to this special event giving a sh!t about the game ?

And in what way does it help with whatever problems the game has ?

Parra

Referee
Yeah - he should toe the company line.

If the blokes today were around in 1908 there would be no RL - simple as that.

Good on your Artie.

Pierced Soul

First Grade
he comes across as an old fogey whinging about everything. the stereotypical old man sitting on his porch carrying on about the 'kids of today'.

there is some merit to some of the stuff he's saying but i'm not sure he's going about it in the right way. Interestingly andrew johns snubbed a 'presentation' by taylor a few years ago for passing the points record and everyone carried on like he'd killed someone. i'd say beetson's non-attendance and swiping at administration at time where this night should be a positive event is far worse

innsaneink

Referee
he comes across as an old fogey whinging about everything. the stereotypical old man sitting on his porch carrying on about the 'kids of today'.

there is some merit to some of the stuff he's saying but i'm not sure he's going about it in the right way. Interestingly andrew johns snubbed a 'presentation' by taylor a few years ago for passing the points record and everyone carried on like he'd killed someone. i'd say beetson's non-attendance and swiping at administration at time where this night should be a positive event is far worse

LOL...theyre not even close.

Johns snubbed his own presso.

You'd need rugby league itself to not turn up tonite for it to be comparable.

Danish

Referee
Bingo, I wonder if in twenty years or so will he look back at a picture of the living players picked, not see himself there and regret not being there.

Somehow I think Artie will find it more comforting to know he was in the team rather than having a picture of himself on stage with a people he most likely doesnt even converse with.

Latest posts