What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Artie no show

innsaneink

Referee
p32_1969-Tigers.jpg

I hate getting dressed up in black tie anyway - trying to get a suit to fit. If it was shorts and thongs, maybe I might have turned up. But I won't be there. I've got more important things to do."

Didnt seem to bother him last week.

Artie dont turn into a Dawn Fraser Artie

difference is artie is actually saying something about the game from the heart and is concerned about it's direction ... fraser is just a pratt ...

i don't think artie will regret but he should go anyway ... it won't make any difference ... nothing will change just because he's not there and nobody will notice him missing anyway

I am sure the other players chosen will.

i'm sure when it comes down to it arthur beetson isn't what's on the front of everybody's mind ... if artie is chosen then when they're presented i would say yes they would ... but for the duration nobody will notice him gone

i like artie but some of his comments of late annoy me ... he's got the game at heart but he doesn't go about it the right way

Tom Ace

Bench
:lol: Artie's had a mid-end life crisis, dyed his hair, grown a 'tache and is on the prowl for some young fluff no doubt.

Perth Red

Post Whore
As much as I love big Artie not turning up because he doesn't like referees or the modern scrum is either A) a smokescreen or B) very poor imo.

He is being given a great honour than many players would have given a right arm for and to trash the game with his attitude is just downright petty as far as I'm concerned.

Shame but as said the only person who suffers is the game with more negative media and himself. Give the spot to someone who cares more about the game than their own feelings.

ngap

Juniors
Good on him, he has been consistently complaining about the money being spent on does like this and not going to the grassroots. So he staying with the principles he has been stating for years. To go would be hypocritical.

nqboy

First Grade
His idea about turning the special dinner into an open fan event was a good one...
A fantastic idea. You could sit the VIPs on the park and the fans in the stands and have everything on the big screen. What a night! Beat the sh*t out of a bunch of rich corporates paying big dollars to rub shoulders with the heroes of the common people, blokes they've probably never heard of.

Raider_69

Post Whore
as stated, he'll live to regret this decision... i too tire of Artie's constant whinging and sniping from the sidelines. sh*t or get off the pot artie.

Mr Saab

Referee
He is prob upset Sam Obst didnt get a gig in the top 100...afterall he did say he would be as good as Alfie

A fantastic idea. You could sit the VIPs on the park and the fans in the stands and have everything on the big screen. What a night! Beat the sh*t out of a bunch of rich corporates paying big dollars to rub shoulders with the heroes of the common people, blokes they've probably never heard of.

Yeah Gallop has kept it 'the peoples game'.:roll: