What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ashley Noffke

Spike

First Grade
How good a form is this guy in? He's been great with the bat and ball so far this season. Again claiming 4/16 so far in the QLD v Sri Lankans match. Although he would still be a long way from the minds of selectors, he doing everything possible to remind them of him.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
He is the form player of the Pura Cup, i've never been a fan but he is in good form.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
must be a pretty green top up there today

he's gone through the Sri Lankans like a hot curry

TheParraboy

Staff member
They asked Johnson what happened last week vs the blues

he said "they werent coming out of the hand as good as I would like, its only one game" :lol:

Big Mick

Referee
Reason why Johnson is an OK One day bowler - People HAVE to hit him
Reason why Johnson is SH!T at any longer version - People can wait and pick off his inconsistent bowling.

If you were to pick an IN FORM bowling attack for the Aussies:

8. Ashley Noffke
9. Brad Hogg
10. Stuart Clark
11. Doug Bollinger

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Twizzle said:
must be a pretty green top up there today

he's gone through the Sri Lankans like a hot curry
There were reports during the week that the gabba pitch was a little unprepared and would be quite green, the curator stating it would be more friendly to spin.

Then the Sri Lankan captain after the first days play yesterday said he was surprised by the movement on the wicket.

If the captain can't realise a green pitch is going to cause some movement off the seam, then Sri Lanka are going to get absolutely hammered more severely than anyone could ever anticipate

Australia must pick MacGill, Lee, Johnston and Clark as the bowlers and have Symonds bowling mediums. I'd expect Clark to grab a fair few wickets at the GABBA.

madunit said:
There were reports during the week that the gabba pitch was a little unprepared and would be quite green, the curator stating it would be more friendly to spin.

Then the Sri Lankan captain after the first days play yesterday said he was surprised by the movement on the wicket.

If the captain can't realise a green pitch is going to cause some movement off the seam, then Sri Lanka are going to get absolutely hammered more severely than anyone could ever anticipate

Australia must pick MacGill, Lee, Johnston and Clark as the bowlers and have Symonds bowling mediums. I'd expect Clark to grab a fair few wickets at the GABBA.

why 'must' Australia pick Johnson?

what has he ever done with the red ball that makes him a 'must have'!?

Tom Shines

First Grade
I have a feeling Johnson will be the new Lee.

Get in the team, put on a smile for the ladies (and Locky), and suddenly he has 54 endorsement deals and they don't drop him from the side, no matter how sh*t he is.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
looking at the way Qld are struggling with the bat, you would have to go in with 4 quicks

TheParraboy

Staff member
If 3 quicks cant get the job done on a greener wicket vs SL then we got massive problems

McGill will play as an insurance (for variety and in case the quicks fail)......imo

aussies1st

Staff member
Noffke just picked up both openers in the 2nd inns. Surely he must come in if Johnson fails.

aussies1st said:
Noffke just picked up both openers in the 2nd inns. Surely he must come in if Johnson fails.

I doubt it , Hilfenhaus is next in Line.

he has just replaced tait in the 1st test squad b/c tait has elbow soreness.

aussies1st

Staff member
herbert henry1908 said:
I doubt it , Hilfenhaus is next in Line.

he has just replaced tait in the 1st test squad b/c tait has elbow soreness.

No problems there, as long as Noffke is next after him.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Marshall_magic said:
Noffke>Johnson.

agreed

Johnson cant gert a wicket on a green top where all other quicks are cleaning up, hell even Kasper got a wicket