What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ashton

The_Frog

First Grade
Maybe he was Gus in disguise.
Only if Gus likes going on forums and criticizing himself, which doesn't sound like Gus. I checked his posts, which stopped suddenly after the 2019 season, and clearly he was someone close to the club, who had an astute eye for talent and no shortage of opinions. But not Gus.

MugaB

Coach
Penrith has 3 major problems.

1 Brian Fletcher
2 Dave ONeil
3 Ivan Cleary
Nothing will change with Penrith on field and off field results until we rid ourselves of all 3 of these blokes.
Probably fed up with these 3, and surprisingly after he had stopped posting, we went on a huge run, minor premiership, GF, and ladder leaders till Origin 2021... i wouldn't put much stock in opinions of others, the fact is those 3 guys are influential to the club in their roles, its like when i talk about the rabble at wests, and single out justin pascoe.

Nealo 12

Bench
Looks Like Ashton is not registered on the forum anymore ?
Bill Ashurst was also my favorite ever Panther, I know the story behind him leaving us and returning home very quickly ... lets just say there is another little Billy running around somewhere out there !

Big Bill

Juniors
Bill Ashurst was also my favorite ever Panther, I know the story behind him leaving us and returning home very quickly ... lets just say there is another little Billy running around somewhere out there !
Wow thought I may have been the only one, great to have others who can also recall his ability. So many games that he dominated, no one has ever gone close to replicating his chip , chase and catch on the full and score, on numerous occasions. I got his autograph as well, looked like he was going to snarl at me.

GongPanther

Referee
Ashurst received a VCR for scoring the best try of the year in the mid week National Panasonic Cup. Can't remember the year.

Nealo 12

Bench
I always felt we were a chance of winning no matter who we were playing with Bill Ashurst in the team

He used to wear a women’s corset just to support his back, go figure.

Hey @Jim Rockford buddy, that’s the same excuse our mechanic buddy makes when someone spots the straps hanging from his shirt!!

Sorry Killer, please post on…

No reference to fellow uggsters above. Smug is pure.

I thought you’d signed Ashton Sims. Wtf I thought, he has a contract with us next year😛

Last edited:
I see you are still seeking relevance on the forum
Jim found me, got the joke and that’s all that mattered.

Killer doesn’t care if I borrow a phrase from him. Probably won’t even read it.

You should wear a dress next time you are out, so your corset doesn’t show so easily. ❤️

panther.mike

Juniors
I REMEMBER THAT GAME [JUST] bill and stevo were not talking to each other . Bill was not a team player. I seem to remeber he scored a try that game and would even aknowledge his captain [stevo]

Big Bill

Juniors
I always felt we were a chance of winning no matter who we were playing with Bill Ashurst in the team
Very true, we played manly at Penrith about 1976 and Phill Lowe was in their team. Bill had a point to prove as Lowe had been labeled the best 2nd rower in the world. Big Bill had a blinder, and I think we beat them . Still remember his effort that day.

Nealo 12

Bench
Was totally devastated that we lost that game against Western Division, still haunts me.
Yeah that was a big disappointment for a young Panthers fan , we did so well getting to the final only to to lose to rookies from the country :mad:

Big Bill

Juniors
Yeah that was a big disappointment for a young Panthers fan , we did so well getting to the final only to to lose to rookies from the country :mad:
You must be my vintage also Nealo, what disappointed me so much was the exciting talent we had in the team for that game, Glenn West, Glenn Stolzenheim, Ritchie Thornton, Terry Quinn, Ross Gigg, Dave Hodge and I think John Klein and Wayne Brain. Outstanding young talent but maybe that was the problem too many youngsters.