What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ask LU - The Relationship Advice Thread III

God-King Dean

Immortal
Bah! You guys know about pain.

My girlfriend.... I love her so much. But the other day I found out.....

She doesn't like pork rolls. The f**king bitch. How can I bring a child into a broken home such as this.

I think it's over.

Alba

Coach
If you don't wanna be in the friend zone, stop being their shoulder for her woes with other guys. I don't know how any guy thinks that is gonna work.

Misanthrope

Staff member
I think they have this mistaken belief that being a decent human being is attractive. If only they knew that the real way to a girl's heart is to treat her like shit, we'd all be much better off.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
If you don't wanna be in the friend zone, stop being their shoulder for her woes with other guys. I don't know how any guy thinks that is gonna work.

if i put on my dr muzby hat again and we revert back to the basic human instincts which drive our behaviour, this action is driven by the perceived vulnerability of the female at this point in time.

a basic human trait is to take the path of least resistance - so when we see a potential mate that we like that is in a vulnerable state (in this instance needing emotional support) and has been left alone by the previous potential suitor, the instinct is to go in and try to claim this mate as our own.

unfortunately the reason this position rarely works out for the male is because of the female trait of seeking out the strongest possible mate.

the comforting male is showing sensitivity and compassion, two traits that are traditionally a sign of weakness* when it comes to protecting a family from attackers such as other tribes or a stray mammoth. so once repaired the female will seek out a strong and protective male who will protect her from any further pain (even if, in modern day times, this guy may do exactly the same as the last one who hurt her..)

*which leads to why nice guys finish last - evolution determines that the strongest of the species are the ones who survive.

Joker's Wild

Coach
TBH I found that is wasnt treating them like shit that necessarily worked, but rather not being a total door mat.

My missus told me that the moment she fell for me, outside of laying eyes upon the fantastic specimen of human male that I am and my lovable humble nature, was when I pulled her up for being unnecessarily bitchy to a fast food server. Apparently guys in the past didnt have the stones to question her actions.

Alba

Coach
^^^^^^ this. If you like a girl, don't tolerate her sitting there whining about other guys and waiting for your opportunity, go for it before you get friend binned.

Misanthrope

Staff member
TBH I found that is wasnt treating them like shit that necessarily worked, but rather not being a total door mat.

My missus told me that the moment she fell for me, outside of laying eyes upon the fantastic specimen of human male that I am and my lovable humble nature, was when I pulled her up for being unnecessarily bitchy to a fast food server. Apparently guys in the past didnt have the stones to question her actions.

Oh, for sure. My days of playing the 'Aw, poor girl' card are well behind me. If I'm interested in a girl, I'll make it pretty clear from the outset, and if it feels like she's just looking for a shoulder to cry on - I bin her.

I've got enough friends.