What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ask LU - The Relationship Advice Thread III

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
an average footlong is about 1/3 of your total recommended Kj intake..

and most of it is carbs...

i have subway only sparodically - if i've got touch footy on that evening or rode into work that day etc..

Alba

Coach
I have the same thing every time, sometimes in a footlong, sometimes in a salad. LOVE IT.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
the roast chicken fillets are my bit.. they've recently changed them so it feels more like real chicken and less like chicken heads, feet & arseholes that have been compressed into a chicken pattie shaped to look like a malnourished chicken breast..

Martli

Coach
It's delicious, but it's really just garbage branded as healthy. People think it's healthy based on the perception that it's healthier than McDonalds, KFC etc, which it may or may not be, but that's really the food equivalent of smoking low-tar cigarettes.

The reality of subway is:
Lots of bread - wheat makes most people fat
Shitty processed meat
High calorie (or sugary) dressings

Plenty of veges, sure, but you don't have to go to subway to get that.

All good if you're in to junk food, I just find the "healthy" branding hilarious.

afinalsin666

First Grade
Subway is low in fat, some of them. But as stated, it's staunch in the old carbs, which f**ks you harder than fat anyway. But hey, low fat equals less fat, apparently.

Misanthrope

Staff member
Subway is low in fat, some of them. But as stated, it's staunch in the old carbs, which f**ks you harder than fat anyway. But hey, low fat equals less fat, apparently.

I think the assumption is that if you have a six inch, wheat, no cheese, low fat dressing, and something low in meat (Subway club, tuna, veggie) and do some exercise, the carbs and calories you take on board would be substantially less than most fast food options.

nick87

Coach
Chicken, bacon, cheese and all salads thanks. Not healthy, but delicious none the less

Misanthrope

Staff member
You work like 3 hours on Mon and Tues. Sunday night will be the big ones :lol:

Just as long as the merkins at work don't give me f**king 8-12 on Mondays. Or, if they do, I can get lab time. Teaching hungover is brutal.

Dutchy

Immortal
Yeah that's why I wont go out big on Fri/Sat. I will be working normal people hours.

Misanthrope

Staff member
I've seen some of your co-workers out on a weekend, so perhaps they're not always early starts.

Latest posts