What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ask madunit

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
MysteryGirl said:
Madunit -
What program do you use to make your banners?

Because my banners are seen as mediocre, simplistic and lacking a design process, I think now is a good time to explain why.

I use a Photograph Editing program called PhotoStudio.

It takes some time to get the banners right and the end result is never brilliant (with the exception of Houdini's, which is awesome), but I take pride in my work. There's a lot of effort involved to get to that mediocre level.

Houdini

First Grade
Dear madunit,

I thought it only fair to give you an opportunity to answer my question as well, so here it is -

Why are my dreams so weird???

Last night I dreamed that I waded through a local swimming pool with my clothes on. Then the dream changed and I was in my bed and there were these huge bugs and insects everywhere. No matter how much I sprayed them with insect repellent they wouldn't die.

Thanks
Houdini

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Houdini said:
Dear madunit,

I thought it only fair to give you an opportunity to answer my question as well, so here it is -

Why are my dreams so weird???

Last night I dreamed that I waded through a local swimming pool with my clothes on. Then the dream changed and I was in my bed and there were these huge bugs and insects everywhere. No matter how much I sprayed them with insect repellent they wouldn't die.

Thanks
Houdini
Dreams sometimes appear weird as they created within the imagination, which we all know, has no bounds.

Ok, with the swimming pool analogy; Water is a sign of peace and tranquility. At present you are immersed in peace and tranquility as seen in your 'wading'

Your insect repellant bugs are your thoughts on issues in life that you can't seem to remove. You need to deal with the bugs in a more effective way so as to kill them all.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
My turn,

People wading through water, particularly against the flow or tide, norrmally means they are trying hard to get somewhere and some thing is holding them back, hence the analagy of the feet moving and the body is not.

The bugs, or distractions, generally represent ppl or obstacles that are distracting you or hindering your perfromance.

Put them together and you are trying to achieve something or get some where, and you are holding yourself back, and well as external forces are holding you back.

So ask yourself, are you satisfied with your current situation in life. Do you have unachieved goals.

Houdini

First Grade
wow, thats pretty insightful twizzle.
Did you just make that up or are you a guru on deciphering dreams?

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
he cheated, he's had that dream before.

Inside information doesn't equate to knowledgeable :lol: ;-)

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
I used to listen to the dream weaver lady on JJ every week, and those things were in a lot of dreams

but I am still very insightful :lol:

Houdini

First Grade
I remember her. But I rarely got to listen to it as no radios were allowed at work.

I have a dream book at home but it only gives very simplistic info. but I have weird or scarey dreams almost every night, and a lot of recurring themes as well.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
you will find that there is a common thread (no pun intended) between the same reoccuring dreams

if you care to share them with us, they may be very similar to the one you had last night.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
I've heard about them Twiz, this gal has freaky dreams. How she gets any sleep is beyond me :shock: :(

Andy

First Grade
I had a dream last night.

I dreamt that the Knights sucked this season... #-o

Houdini

First Grade
I have only had one similar dream to the one last night. last night wasn't a scarey dream but I had a dream when I was a kid that was. And don't laugh, it was scarey for me at the time.
I was being chased by huge moths and butterflys. I was on a rollercoaster and as the rollercoaster got to the top of the hill I could see this group of moths and buterflies flying towards me. Then the dream changed and I was in the backyard and they had all landed on me and one was as big as my entire torso and they laid eggs on me and then I woke up :?

The other recurring themes are my teeth falling out, which I have read can symbolise bad health, and the other recurring theme is being in a car crash. I have never been in a major car accident ever, so this one is weird.

I was also having many dreams about my grandfather who died back in 2004. In each dream I knew he was dead but we were always happy to see each other and would often cry and hug. And in these dreams myself and my aunty were the only ones who could ever see him, no other family members in the dream could. These dreams have since stopped though. the location of these dreams varied from churches, to shopping malls to his house to him saving me from being shot.

And then there';s all the nightmares.....we won't go there jsut now huh!

Houdini

First Grade
oh, I forgot to add that if your dream that you die, the old storey about you really dying is not true!

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
OK,

The moths and roller coaster thig is the same

You are not in control, the roller coaster is taking you not where you want to go, but where it wants to take you. You started somewhere and ended up somewhere where you did not expect, or perhaps want to be.

The teeth may symbolise having to let something essential go, or something that you did not want to let go, perhaps your grandfather. Not sure about this one.

The grandfather dreams and his being accessible to your self and your auntie can mean that he was very close to both of you, more than any one else. Normally if you and your auntie are the only ones that can communicate with him, may mean he has some unfinnished business, like you want to say somehting to him, but did not get the opportunity, or in reality you cannot let him go. You may be very close to that Auntie, as well.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Houdini said:
Dear madunit,

Do I need pyschological help?

Houdini
Nah, All you need is superthread.

You don't need help based on your subconscious thoughts either. Its when your coscious being is behaving irrationally on a constant basis which begins to confuse even you, is when you need psychological help. In my opinion anyway. ;-)

Houdini

First Grade
what about the car crashes?
And the fact that I have dreamed of dying and become some sort of ghost as I was able to look upon my dead body?

Latest posts