What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Aspirtaions.

I know it is only one game, but i have this feeling, & belief that we can seriously challenge for the title this year.The lads would have gained a great deal of confidence after that victory.I know there was a few brain explosions at times but you get that in most games.
When we are on song and the ball sticks we can score 20 in 20 not many sides have that ability.We have beaten Canberra twice & now Penrith these two sides boast the biggest packs in the competition.Fom where im sitting things are going to get a hell of better.

westie

Bench
I agree we could quite easily win the comp... but that game did nothing to encourage my developing belief that we've got massive problems in attack, stemming purely from the halves, and fixable only by Benji. A few late trys after buggerising around all match won't change my mind on this. Especially when most of our points came from non-standard plays. Benji is so far off his game and it's f**king with our normal structures. If we win while it's like this, it's because the other teams were too weak to pick us off.

Juniors
We need to work on wrapping up the ball in defence, apart from that and the occasional soft miss we look good defensively.

If parra are on their game their offloads will kill us, again. We should be working on that all week. If so we will certainly go a long way this year.

Parra are the kings of offloads....especially Mateo..

Hopefully Lui has built up his confidence a bit after that last game and takes the line on a bit more.. He looked very good in the 2nd half against the panthers...

I agree...if we get on a roll we will be very hard to stop, but that can be said about just about everyone in the 8 at the moment... Its just one of those years with no one really dominating.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
I'd be inclined to shift a solid defensive player into the 7 jumper for the parra game.

Fulton or someone similar. Mateo always runs at the halves. The teams who have defensively pathetic halves are the teams he dominates against.

Perth Tiger

Bench
The comp is wide open and ready for the taking.

I fell that whoever wins will be the team that goes on a hot streak for four weeks. The roosters were hot but seem to have gone off the boil.

The Tigers have the potential but so do a lot of other teams at the moment

super_coach

First Grade
You can only beat what is in front of you, but Penrith online defense was diabolical last weekend and a well structured strong team like the dragons would have put 60 points on them. IN saying that we probably forced them to drop their bundle by doing the little things right.
EEls anything could happen, but I think if we stick with them early we are in with a big chance--just stop the offload and stop the broken field stuff

netic

Juniors
I honestly feel like we will do well against Parra, last week would have given the boys alot of confidence and with a top 2 spot up for grabs they will lift.

even in 2005 we were a bit hot and cold, dont forget we lost games in Rounds 25 and 26 that year by good margins to Storm and Panthers and many thought out bubble had burst but the boys came out hard and smashed to cowboys in the first week of the finals.

The boys know how to play finals football and im positive they will give this comp a good shake.

St. George let in 10.7 points a game.

That is bloody good defence.

That is going to be hard to overcome.

When we find it tough to breakthrough that is when we become laughable and try to do the impossible.

And that is when it all goes ugly for us.

Mader45

Juniors
I know were also renowned for our ability to get points on a team from anywhere on the field. But it generally works both ways.

The most obvious time for points in a tigers game is when the other team is in our 20 and makes a mistake.

Either our backs will rush up, pounce on it and break away.

Or our forwards will drop back, not rehearsed in play for a screw up by the opposition and with our backs rushing in, the other team just throws it wide to easily score after making a dumb mistake.

macnaz

Staff member
I heard on the radio yesterday that WT where hoping Both Galloway and Gibbs will be available for the game against Parra. If Gibbs had a cracked knee cap then surely he wouldnt even be mentioned as a possible starter, so maybe it isnt as first thought.
Any news on this anyone?

super_coach

First Grade
I heard on the radio yesterday that WT where hoping Both Galloway and Gibbs will be available for the game against Parra. If Gibbs had a cracked knee cap then surely he wouldnt even be mentioned as a possible starter, so maybe it isnt as first thought.
Any news on this anyone?

How good would that be although I would imagine Gibbs is long odds

Hah, would be great if they're both available and in a moment of Madness, Tim accidentally scrubs off the back on the bench for Gibbs.

Direct

Juniors
That would be great, but it would be more likely that Fifita would be dropped, particularly after his disgraceful two try effort last week.

Bricey

Juniors
Any news on this anyone?

From the website http://www.emedicinehealth.com/knee_injury/article_em.htm

Knee Anatomy

While there are four bones that come together at the knee, only the femur (thigh bone) and the tibia (shin bone) form the joint itself. The head of the fibula (strut bone on the outside of the leg) provides some stability, and the patella (kneecap) helps with joint and muscle function. Movement and weight-bearing occur where the ends of the femur called the femoral condyles match up with the top flat surfaces of the tibia (tibial plateaus).

Similar to the Te'o injury in the respect that both fractures were of NON weightbearing bones. Could be back within 2 weeks IMO and deffinately ready for the finals should we need him