What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Assistant Coaches Sacked

Old Timer

Coach
Brandy knew we had a problem with defence and that we need a good coach so he rang Albert and told him he had been keeping an eye out and having done so recommended Steve Linnane.

Dragon David

First Grade
I think you guys should have a crack at Josh Hannay, word is he is tactically great and a good coach.
Definitely wouldn't mind Josh Hannay. He is very clear and concise with his talk etc, but I'm not sure how we can get him if he is under contract at the Sharks and of course under Fitzgibbon who is doing a reasonable job in his first year as head coach.

Unsainty79

Juniors
Can’t imagine it will be an existing assistant coach. None of the assistant coaches at clubs doing well will leave for the same job at a club going backwards

Wouldn’t be surprised to see a certain ex-Bronco… or two.

SAP58

Juniors
I think Willie Talau should be considered for one of the assistant roles, he has been looking after the Jersey Flegg side for a couple of years and I hear the players think a lot of him and he leaves no stone unturned in preparation for games. Not a bad record also. Others cloer to the players may have some input ?

dannyt

Coach
I think Willie Talau should be considered for one of the assistant roles, he has been looking after the Jersey Flegg side for a couple of years and I hear the players think a lot of him and he leaves no stone unturned in preparation for games. Not a bad record also. Others cloer to the players may have some input ?
The description of Talau appears the same as the description of Matthew Head a few years ago.

I'm Hornby

Juniors
The board and HC are the problem. Instead of addressing the real issue, the board makes the assistant coaches into scapegoats, and pacifies the fan base and media with a promise of change.
The board aren't going to sack themselves any time soon and most fair minded supporters are willing to give the head coach some time in my experience.

It's not a full blown revolution of the club but most pragmatists can see it's a change worth making at this point in time.