What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Attendances

Coastbloke

Bench
I’m going to cry when I see the f**king Wannabees Spring tour attendances.

League has had enough time to sort this shit out. We are clearly the better sport. How is this continuing to happen..?? 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️😥😥

kiwileaguefan

Juniors
I’m going to cry when I see the f**king Wannabees Spring tour attendances.

League has had enough time to sort this shit out. We are clearly the better sport. How is this continuing to happen..?? 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️😥😥
To be fair, generally 99% of the RLWC games have been easy to pick....at least with Rugby there is a higher percentage of unknown....look at the All Blacks v Japan result....

Not sure why as a neutral you would pay money to go watch a one-sided game...which is unfortunately been the story of this year RLWC... .

Wb1234

Referee
To be fair, generally 99% of the RLWC games have been easy to pick....at least with Rugby there is a higher percentage of unknown....look at the All Blacks v Japan result....

Not sure why as a neutral you would pay money to go watch a one-sided game...which is unfortunately been the story of this year RLWC... .
This post is bs

the union World Cup has loads of blowout score lines and people still pay ridiculous money to watch it

heck the all blacks almost put a century on usa and they had 30k watching it

I mean the 71 to 9 score line nz put on the mighty nanbibia sure wasn’t a close contest

Northern

Juniors

I was talking to friend at game last night. The one-sidedness of the matches, in the main, so far have doubtless led to the lower attendances, coupled with pricing and a website for tickets a few suspicions have been raised around.
It made us think ho

undertaker

Coach
Lots of empty seats at Bramall Lane.

Whoever was responsible for scheduling this particular fixture at a 32k seat stadium should be sacked.

kiwileaguefan

Juniors
Hows it bullshit? I would argue that I have picked every winner but one so far this World Cup....its been so predictable and honestly boring due to the massive difference in class...and I am a massive International League fan but I just can't see the excitement for this year's tournament. The big hope of Samoa replicating the Tongan movement in 2017 was extinguished in the first game of the tournament. This tournament has nothing for it but blow outs....there has been 20 games (I'm including the aussie vs Italy game which is already 30-0) and only two games have been within 10 points. So only 10% of this world cup has been a contest.

Difference is a lot of those rugby world cup teams are not heritage based like Scotland, Ireland, Italy, Greece, Jamaica and Lebanon.

Scotland and Ireland have played in the last 5 Rugby League World Cups and they still have 95% heritage based players...its woeful and we wonder why our international game is a laughing stock...at least this year we are seeing domestic based players in Italy, Greece, Lebanon and Jamacia squads...

Again I am a massive International fan but I have just found this tournament a bore..and judging by the general attendances outside of England games, the public agree...

I just wish they had gone for 12 teams with a second tier RLWC for the developing nations.

This post is bs

the union World Cup has loads of blowout score lines and people still pay ridiculous money to watch it

heck the all blacks almost put a century on usa and they had 30k watching it

I mean the 71 to 9 score line nz put on the mighty nanbibia sure wasn’t a close contest

Wb1234

Referee
Hows it bullshit? I would argue that I have picked every winner but one so far this World Cup....its been so predictable and honestly boring due to the massive difference in class...and I am a massive International League fan but I just can't see the excitement for this year's tournament. The big hope of Samoa replicating the Tongan movement in 2017 was extinguished in the first game of the tournament. This tournament has nothing for it but blow outs....there has been 20 games (I'm including the aussie vs Italy game which is already 30-0) and only two games have been within 10 points. So only 10% of this world cup has been a contest.

Difference is a lot of those rugby world cup teams are not heritage based like Scotland, Ireland, Italy, Greece, Jamaica and Lebanon.

Scotland and Ireland have played in the last 5 Rugby League World Cups and they still have 95% heritage based players...its woeful and we wonder why our international game is a laughing stock...at least this year we are seeing domestic based players in Italy, Greece, Lebanon and Jamacia squads...

Again I am a massive International fan but I have just found this tournament a bore..and judging by the general attendances outside of England games, the public agree...

I just wish they had gone for 12 teams with a second tier RLWC for the developing nations.
If you find it a bore just don’t watch or comment on it I guess

but in the group stages of the union World Cup blowouts are regular so if that’s your point you should probably stick to soccer world cups then

Gobsmacked

Bench

You're welcome to go watch another sport. We don't need you or your whining bs.
They're aren't exactly blow-out scores in the modern game. The Broncos get beat by 60 and they spend 10 million on their roster. The smaller nations have been outstanding and if you were a rugby league fan you appreciate just how awesome it was for Jamaica to get those restarts and a try vs NZ ! Or the Greece kick try! Italy have been outstanding again a STACKED Australian side!
The pool stages are an opportunity to see sides that you don't often get to see and watch their development like Lebanon 🙌 with a sprinkle of domestic players holding their own and the former union coach wanting to be part of that.

This tournament is a League fans dream. And it's getting bigger and better every time!

For those of you who complain about the popularity/crowd sizes. Understand how popularity works... people like something because everyone else does, because they want to be popular 🐑 too...
Do you think those crowds at the union know wtf is going on or care?

Enjoy being a niche sport where everyone in the crowd is a genuine fan because one day it'll will become popular where real fans won't be able to afford a ticket.

Wb1234

Referee
You're welcome to go watch another sport. We don't need you or your whining bs.
They're aren't exactly blow-out scores in the modern game. The Broncos get beat by 60 and they spend 10 million on their roster. The smaller nations have been outstanding and if you were a rugby league fan you appreciate just how awesome it was for Jamaica to get those restarts and a try vs NZ ! Or the Greece kick try! Italy have been outstanding again a STACKED Australian side!
The pool stages are an opportunity to see sides that you don't often get to see and watch their development like Lebanon 🙌 with a sprinkle of domestic players holding their own and the former union coach wanting to be part of that.

This tournament is a League fans dream. And it's getting bigger and better every time!

For those of you who complain about the popularity/crowd sizes. Understand how popularity works... people like something because everyone else does, because they want to be popular 🐑 too...
Do you think those crowds at the union know wtf is going on or care?

Enjoy being a niche sport where everyone in the crowd is a genuine fan because one day it'll will become popular where real fans won't be able to afford a ticket.
Greece where the game was banned and you could go to jail for playing it until very recently

France where union got rugby league banned etc etc

we can just celebrate the fact that despite unions best efforts the game still exists in these countries

kiwileaguefan

Juniors
Haha wow can't have an opnion.....how is in whinging? I didnt even bring rugby into this conversation....someone else did. All I was highlighting was the lack of competitive games has an effect on who turns up compared to the rugby spring tours...

Everything I have said is based off facts....there has been little change in 22 years for Rugby League World Cups....nearly half the nation's are all heritage based and i would argue many of the players haven't even set foot in their country of representation.

Looking at the responses on social media for today's England game shows the many with same opinion about a waste of time....and that's from League fans on social media 🙄

Look at the massive crowd watch Australia literally run straight through an Australian based Italian team? Would love to see the massive TV ratings for this game....I'm sure it will very through the roof....I mean 3 world cups In a row for Italy now...I'm sure they would have developed by now? Yip 66-6 mauling.

Keep living the fantasy that this average tournament will do anything for the game....in the last four World Cups have achieved nothing in terms of nations development....nothing....its who ever has the most heritage based players that generally qualify....

kiwileaguefan

Juniors
Lebanon have been developing for the last 22 years....look at the talent they are producing...2 local players in their squad and only one has played....so much development going on that they brought Recce Robinson back from where.?

Gobsmacked

Bench
Haha wow can't have an opnion.....how is in whinging? I didnt even bring rugby into this conversation....someone else did. All I was highlighting was the lack of competitive games has an effect on who turns up compared to the rugby spring tours...

Everything I have said is based off facts....there has been little change in 22 years for Rugby League World Cups....nearly half the nation's are all heritage based and i would argue many of the players haven't even set foot in their country of representation.

Looking at the responses on social media for today's England game shows the many with same opinion about a waste of time....and that's from League fans on social media 🙄

Look at the massive crowd watch Australia literally run straight through an Australian based Italian team? Would love to see the massive TV ratings for this game....I'm sure it will very through the roof....I mean 3 world cups In a row for Italy now...I'm sure they would have developed by now? Yip 66-6 mauling.

Keep living the fantasy that this average tournament will do anything for the game....in the last four World Cups have achieved nothing in terms of nations development....nothing....its who ever has the most heritage based players that generally
I love tournament, haven't missed a game and enjoyed every moment.
If you don't like it, don't watch.

Latest posts