What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Attention-Brian Smith

RABK

Referee
I'm bringin' sexy back....... yeh!.....them other f**kers don't know how to act....yeh!

Yosh

Coach
Nice Nice!!!

Cant wait to see him play. Exciting times. So when is Jarrod due back?

CWBush said:
Plus you've got

2: McManus
5: Uate

14: Seu Seu
15: Ling

sh*t then all we need is
3. Hodges
4. ????

8. Fridge and a freezer
10. Clinton
13. ??????

What a side in the making :lol:

Bicey_18

Bench
Clinton signed wit brisbane im pretty sure but our future does look bright.

Apparently Luke Walsh wants 2 join the Sharks.. according Sharks fans in their forums

Nuffy

Bench
Shark fans are dreaming, Smith said at the end of game news conference that he was very confident the deal would be done in the next few days.

roopy

Referee
The thing about walsh - he injured himself 10 minutes into his first game of the season and came off early in his only other game this season i think - so he did his firstgrade debut on less than a game of footy in about three months.
He has every right to be as rusty as hell.

Ranger Jace

Juniors
Nuffy said:
Shark fans are dreaming, Smith said at the end of game news conference that he was very confident the deal would be done in the next few days.

I so hope thats true.

Serc

First Grade
Boy that kid has talent - I was about to say I've never seen him play before but was he in the Flegg GF last year? Anyway you could certainly say that performance was a tad rusty, but I imagine he'll have less nerves and some experience with some more time in FG.

Now I see what Roops was on about, when we see Walshy and Mullo together they will cover every skill required of halves. Pretty much everything that Mullo isn't so good at currently (kicking game, 5th tackle options etc) Walshy seems to have the knack for. Something to get excited about :D Certainly keen to see more Walsh so I can hopefully confirm these thoughts!

roopy

Referee
daveserc said:
Boy that kid has talent - I was about to say I've never seen him play before but was he in the Flegg GF last year? Anyway you could certainly say that performance was a tad rusty, but I imagine he'll have less nerves and some experience with some more time in FG.

Now I see what Roops was on about, when we see Walshy and Mullo together they will cover every skill required of halves. Pretty much everything that Mullo isn't so good at currently (kicking game, 5th tackle options etc) Walshy seems to have the knack for. Something to get excited about :D Certainly keen to see more Walsh so I can hopefully confirm these thoughts!
not that i want to keep banging on about it - but Dureau makes it three. He can cover for Walshy's kicking game and Mullo's running game - and never a beat is missed.
I reckon all three signed and we have all bases covered.

Serc

First Grade
Nice :D

I was thinking this evening about how the 3 of them will go over coming years and I'm worried that Mr Dureau may miss out on things a little bit given that Mullen and Walsh might put together a rather tasty combo. If he is as good as the other two I can see him going the way of Morris, Ennis etc

One question though, if Walsh doesn't end up lasting in FG because of his size, would Dureau be an easy fit at halfback (if he learnt to tackle by reports)? Or would it be like slotting another Mullo in there who can do the job, but not as well as 5/8.

roopy

Referee
daveserc said:
Nice :D

I was thinking this evening about how the 3 of them will go over coming years and I'm worried that Mr Dureau may miss out on things a little bit given that Mullen and Walsh might put together a rather tasty combo. If he is as good as the other two I can see him going the way of Morris, Ennis etc

One question though, if Walsh doesn't end up lasting in FG because of his size, would Dureau be an easy fit at halfback (if he learnt to tackle by reports)? Or would it be like slotting another Mullo in there who can do the job, but not as well as 5/8.
Dureau is very much an allrounder. He has a better passing game than Walsh and very nearly as good a kicking game.
When he goes to 5/8 he perhaps should run a bit more and let Walshy do his thing a bit more (he likes to be in the centre of things).

Let me rate them.

Vision
Walsh 9
Dureau 9
Mullen 8

Passing game
Walsh 9
Dureau 9.5
Mullen 8.5

Running game
Walsh 8
Dureau 8
Mullen 9.5

Defence
Walsh 6
Dureau 5
Mullen 8.5

Kicking game
Walsh 9
Dureau 8
Mullen 6

robustness (for want of a better word)
Walsh 7
Dureau 7
Mullen 9

Serc

First Grade
So thats a 48 for Walsh, a 46.5 for Dureau and a 49.5 for Mullen? :p

Something else I noticed about Walsh tonight is that he seems to be blessed with good vision, which should have a close relationship to kicking - when to kick and how/where.

CycloneSteve

Juniors
I was very impressed with Walsh tonight. Especially his kicking game which is far and away better than Mullen's. I like the idea of Mullen at 6 and Walsh at 7.

macavity

Referee
yup.

he is a star.

I think what impressed me most was (surprise) his defence. He didn't take a backward step, and while he didnt always put them down, he slowed them down. heart the sixe of phar lap's.

Latest posts